Just a little update.....

meanrob

Added another season ticket today and when i bought my tickets in June i pretty much had the pick of the section. Today when i bought another ticket i had to move seats because the area around me was full. I'm in 205 and in a perfect world that section would be sold out but it was encouraging to see how many more seats they have sold since June.

I bought two additional season tickets this week in 105 next to my group of friends for a friend plus 7 more single game tickets for the home opner for other friends. And I know a handle full of other people ready to buy tickets for the home opener on Monday. I keep telling people to get your tickets early for the 10th cause it will be sold out.

Edited by Mean Green Scrappy
  • Upvote 1

Posted Mean Green ticket website on my facebook profile.

CAT OUT OF THE BAG: One of my friends from high school owns the sign company that has been putting up the signage (around the scroeboard/big screen, concession stands, etc.). He's not a UNT alumnus, but is impressed with the stadium. He's a Longhorn fan. I'm telling you, if we can get big schools to come play here, it will surprise them.

One of the benefits of the naming rights fee is that it is approximately the same amount as what we get paid to go Bama or UT... If we now start taking a slightly smaller payout and begin looking for a team willing to do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1, we are going in the right direction.

We now have a the facility, we now need the TV time. That is only done by bringing in the opponents...

Anyone have an idea how many we can squeeze in when we schedule a big name opponent at home? I hope as many as 35K.

Does anyone know how many season tickets we have sold? I haven't seen any numbers. Is the athletic department trying to keep it a secret?

Our AD, to my knowledge, has never divulged the number season football tickets sold during a given year. And this goes back to 1995 when we returned to D1A. Top secret stuff just like the Coke-Cola formula.