Tressel Resigns

eppy4life

Any truth to the rumor that they may be looking at Johnny Jones to replace him?

If JJ is going to replace a football coach shouldn't it be posted on the basketball thread? Otherwise, unless one of our football staff is to replace him, how about moving this to the Eagle's Nest?

If JJ is going to replace a football coach shouldn't it be posted on the basketball thread? Otherwise, unless one of our football staff is to replace him, how about moving this to the Eagle's Nest?

My brand of humor isn't appreciated 'over there.' So I stay here, where I thought I was liked!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

I'm shocked, shocked to find that the NCAA is investigate Terrelle Pryor. Seems he has been stopped for speeding in three different times in three different cars all owned by the same car salesman over the last three years. I know of many car salesmen (in Norman) who will let you drive a car for a year or more while you test it out. Wouldn't want to force a snap decision on anyone.

Of course, it seems there are now over 50 questionable car "purchases" by Ohio players, families and their friends.

That this was going to go public yesterday had nothing, nothing at all with Tressel resigning.

Here's the link.

Edited by VideoEagle

Will be interesting to see what sanctions the NCAA comes up with for this Big Time program. I think it is now 3rd behind Texas and Alabama in the amount of dollars it produces for the athletic dept. Friend of mine is a big time...BIG TIME donor and fan of Ohio State. he liked Tressel a lot and feels he was doing the "Tressel thing" in trying to stand by his players, but that he lost sight of the real issue...a good guy that got caught up in the wrong side of an issue. Guy feels Tressel is a class guy and great coach, but made a big mistake and is now paying for it....says the "interim" coach will be just that...interim...barring any spectacular finishes for OSU this season. He has no fear of OSU getting anything near the "death penalty". Imagine that....

I do not feel that OSU will get anything even close to the "death penalty."

But I do feel like the NCAA will hit them very hard with loss of scholiships and probally a two year bowl ban.

The only problem is that it will be 2/3 years before the penalty takes effect.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

hehe...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I do not feel that OSU will get anything even close to the "death penalty."

But I do feel like the NCAA will hit them very hard with loss of scholiships and probally a two year bowl ban.

The only problem is that it will be 2/3 years before the penalty takes effect.

SMU fans should be irate.... they may have done less .... for less time.... and for less things... remember Clarette and his problems ... and the tutors writing term papers scandals earlier... and now all of this..

This ?college? has a long history of infractions and bad behavior. ... very little happened to them. .

• Upvote 1