Just A New Idea On The Color Of New Uniforms

Another Alumni and I were discussing ideas yesterday and wondered if there is a possibility

of the new uniforms being the same color of the ones in the Hayden Fry era (Lite Lime Green).

If anyone has a color image of them can you post on the Forum along with any other thoughts

you might have on this. There might be the possibility of the return of the worm. Remember

the helments back then. Hayden and our new coach were great freinds, and could there be the

possiblity that he could bring the old color back. Look at the color of the tie he always

wears when he is at a function (lime lite green). :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It is my humble, unsolicited, opinion that it would probably be worthwhile to stop rebranding every thirty seconds. Pick a shade of green this year, a logo, and stick with it long enough to gain some brand recognition among the DFW population at large.

Then, when you see people coming to games with outdated shades of green and/or logos, congratulate them for being "old school," rather than berate them for doing it wrong.

• Upvote 1

It is my humble, unsolicited, opinion that it would probably be worthwhile to stop rebranding every thirty seconds. Pick a shade of green this year, a logo, and stick with it long enough to gain some brand recognition among the DFW population at large.

Then, when you see people coming to games with outdated shades of green and/or logos, congratulate them for being "old school," rather than berate them for doing it wrong.

It is my humble, unsolicited opinion that it is indeed very good to be "old school". :thumbsu:

I don't think I've heard your opinion on helmet stickers this year? Black on the uniforms? Preference for logo on the helmet?

Helmet stickers: June topic

Black on uniforms: July topic

Logo: August,up until the beginning of two-a-days, topic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I say just make the entire uniforms (from shoes up to top of helmet) the same shade of green as the new turf going in at the new staduim. Add white numbers. :thumbsu:

If it is good enought for Boise St it is good enough for North Texas. :lol:

Is it still legal to use green footballs too? Then, during the post game press conference, the losing coach on the other team could say, "We never saw them coming!" and really mean it!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another Alumni and I were discussing ideas yesterday and wondered if there is a possibility

of the new uniforms being the same color of the ones in the Hayden Fry era (Lite Lime Green).

If anyone has a color image of them can you post on the Forum along with any other thoughts

you might have on this. There might be the possibility of the return of the worm. Remember

the helments back then. Hayden and our new coach were great freinds, and could there be the

possiblity that he could bring the old color back. Look at the color of the tie he always

wears when he is at a function (lime lite green). :rolleyes:

No.

• Upvote 1

O k like I said just don't get upset when they are that color. I didn't see

too many people get upset with the way we played and the records we had under

Hayden Fry. Just remember that Hayden and Mac were and are good friends,and

ask yourself "Would you do something for your freind to show appreciation for

helping you get a new chance at coaching at a school he coached at also". Just

remember the color of tie coach Mac keeps wearing. Look at every picture since

he has been here and the color of the tie he wears.

Food for thought. You might not like it, but a lot of people like the worm and

remember the color of the uniforms with the worm. I bet if we had that color

jersy and won five games this year not a one of you would gripe about the color

of the uniforms.

scrappyman1, I am one of the biggest fans of the "stylized eagle" logo of the 70's and the uniform color at that time, but the official color of the North Texas is Pantone 356 of "Deep Spring Green" which I believe is the color of the most recent jerseys. I would hope that we stick with this color to start some sort of continuity and tradition. I think everyone's opinion is to pick a color and logo and stick with it to create tradition.

Now, as someone mentioned in an earlier post, a throwback game would be fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think everyone's opinion is to pick a color and logo and stick with it to create tradition.

Obviously not or we wouldn't have this thread, or the countless others with topics about adding removing colors, or displaying their craptastic new interlocking NT they made or if we should use North Texas vs. UNT or with avatar's that have their specially designed logo on the helmet they made and on and on...

No to rebranding. Yes to a throw back game. That's what I'd love to see.

Throw back game would be cool. We can't have one though because other colleges do that already and our throwback colors are no longer our official colors making them illegal for uniform wear.

Edited by Green2012
  • Upvote 1