Tomorrow Could Be A Very Good Day In Unt Land

Adub4ever

whatever it is it better happen...otherwise keep your mouth shut and don't tease us! surely he would think whatever it is will happen or why say anything? this is going to force me to drink a couple more beers, just so i can fall asleep. please happen...whatever it is! :D

+1. This reminds me of what I felt like after making out at the drive in with that bleached blond I used to date back in high school.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

How about a donor for naming rights to the stadium? That would be outstanding.

I'm thinking something along these lines, if ti is not a major recruit signing.

Can we PLEASE keep the conference realignment crap where it belongs: in the off-season football forum.

• Downvote 1

You guys are reading in to this too much...this is what he is trying to say:

"Tomorrow could be a very good day in UNT land." Key word is LAND. You don't use the word land for no reason. UNT is not a mystical place like Candy Land. He means it literally.

"What might go down isn't official yet.." Key phrase is GO DOWN. What goes down (don't think dirty thoughts)? Deals go down.

"...but if the stars align just right for UNT..." Key word is STARS. Not the ones in space, but the Dallas Stars.

Conclusion = check Vito's blog tomorrow.

Nice interpretation.. This one gets my vote, though I wish it were an invite to MWC, CUSA, or Big12. Probably a 4 or 5 star player has signed on.

Edited by chrisfisher

Here's my guess.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/01/25/2797146/mwc-decides-tcu-will-take-2011.html

And here is the most notable (for us) quote from the article.

A member of the Mountain West since 2005, TCU announced in November its plan to move to the Big East for the 2012 season. TCU now must replace two lost home games next fall. Last week Texas Tech backed out of a September date at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Downvote 1

Here's my guess.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/01/25/2797146/mwc-decides-tcu-will-take-2011.html

A member of the Mountain West since 2005, TCU announced in November its plan to move to the Big East for the 2012 season. TCU now must replace two lost home games next fall. Last week Texas Tech backed out of a September date at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

It would be cool to get TCU on the schedule, I just don't think it would result in the sort of blog post the we got from Vito last night. I have to beleive it is either unbelievable news about conference realignment, or something else huge.

EDIT: Plus, our OOC schedule is full for this fall...I assume we would be dropping Tulsa if this were the news.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 1

Here's my guess.

If it so happens that this is the news that makes it a "very good day in UNT land" I won't be all that impressed. It's ok, don't get me wrong but I would rather have news of a 5 star recruit, new conference, or corporate sponsor. Sorry frogs but you just don't rate that high on my list of priorities.

• Upvote 3

If it so happens that this is the news that makes it a "very good day in UNT land" I won't be all that impressed. It's ok, don't get me wrong but I would rather have news of a 5 star recruit, new conference, or corporate sponsor. Sorry frogs but you just don't rate that high on my list of priorities.

Agreed.