Chico Is Staying!

UNTLifer

any way there is a link to the press conference?! I want to hear it!

It was available to watch live from the AD website. It may be available in the archives later.

http://www.meangreensports.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?SPID=562&KEY=QDQERECXCQCWHNN.20101130190133&oemid=1800&DB_OEM_ID=1800&DB_MENU_ID=&type=vod&SPSID=9058

My education and experience tell me that there could be trouble here...but there are always exceptions. Coach Mac seemed to be very genuine regarding his respect for Coach Canales and their previous experience.

Having said this, I am THRILLED for Chico and for us!! This day is arguably a win - win.

It has been a long time since I have been this excited about this program.

What a way to start a press conference with announcing the hire of Coach Canales.

I have been trying for over a month to get information about season tickets to the new stadium.

Up until now I could only get info on club seats.

They are finally ready I have an appointment tomorrow at 10:00.

I feel like buying a whole section.

• Upvote 5

Coach Mac to Chico- "Mike, give me a year or two and I'll do everything I can to get you your Head Coaching job."

Chico to Mac-"I'm in, I liked working with you at USF and I think we can do some great things here soon."

• Upvote 3

Just fantastic news for the MEAN GREEN NATION! That should be one heck of a coaching duo for the Mean Green. Buy your tickets now!

GO MEAN GREEN! I am a happy camper this afternoon...super news! First decision by the new HC is a GREAT one for the Mean Green nation....WOW..just WOW!

• Upvote 2

First post on the forum. Thought I'd quit lurking and say "Go Mean Green". Couldn't be happier about how this turned out... I was slightly disappointed to think that we'd lose Canales, but McCarney appears to be the best of both worlds: experienced head coach and also willing to adapt. Legitimately excited about UNT football! Oh, and Lance Dunbar is 3rd in the nation in rushing. Sweet.

Here's a USA Today story on it. It confirms Urban Meyer knows North Texas exists!

Edited by jam0152
  • Upvote 1

First post on the forum. Thought I'd quit lurking and say "Go Mean Green". Couldn't be happier about how this turned out... I was slightly disappointed to think that we'd lose Canales, but McCarney appears to be the best of both worlds: experienced head coach and also willing to adapt. Legitimately excited about UNT football! Oh, and Lance Dunbar is 3rd in the nation in rushing. Sweet.

Here's a USA Today story on it. It confirms Urban Meyer knows North Texas exists!

Welcome Jam and look forward to seeing more of your posts on the site! GMG!

Rick Canales??

My education and experience tell me that there could be trouble here...but there are always exceptions. Coach Mac seemed to be very genuine regarding his respect for Coach Canales and their previous experience.

Having said this, I am THRILLED for Chico and for us!! This day is arguably a win - win.

I want to congratulate you guys on what I think was an extremely successful hiring process!

I also want to congratulate you on having an athletic director not afraid to take heat for spending money to hire Chuck Neinas and not just doing things the easy way and promoting Mike Canales. And also for hiring a coach with the guts to hire a guy as one of his coordinators whom he knew many wanted to get the top job. Many head coaches are so paranoid they would be threatened by somebody like Canales. So props to McCarney on that.

With apologies to FirefighterRick ( ;) ) I'll just mention SDSU this last time. We won exactly two games two years ago. Now we're getting votes in the AP poll and Rivals has us as the 27th best team in the country. Brady Hoke gets all the credit but at least as important has been his staff as a whole, including DC Rocky Long, who Brady didn't worry some might think should be the top guy if the team struggled a bit. Seems that McCarney has the same philosophy.

I'll be following your program to watch the fruits of your efforts during this process. Again, MAJOR congratulations!