Nbc Reporting Mccarney To Unt

Harry

Dmac will get the job done for you guys. No doubt about it. Just give him a little time, it took him 3 years at ISU to get it going, now being in the state of Texas and having a new Stadium I see him getting you guys to a bowl in 3 or 4 years.

Great! We get to start all over again!

Oh.. What's that? You mean to tell me we wouldn't have that problem if we keep Coach Canales?

Dmac will get the job done for you guys. No doubt about it. Just give him a little time, it took him 3 years at ISU to get it going, now being in the state of Texas and having a new Stadium I see him getting you guys to a bowl in 3 or 4 years.

He needs to get us in a bowl next year for his hiring to be considered a success.

He needed to beat K St. today, even though he wasn't coaching yet. That is how quickly this hire needs to win.

Tells me all I need to know right there.

Rick

Damn, Rick, you beat me to the draw! When I read that quote my hair stood up on end. If he has to think about moving to Texas for $580K, he should keep his ass in Florida. I want a coach that is excited for our opportunity. If he takes the job he better come in here YESTERDAY and go balls-out to build this program. I have a bad feeling that he sees this as just a job that pays more money than he's making now.

Damn, Rick, you beat me to the draw! When I read that quote my hair stood up on end. If he has to think about moving to Texas for $580K, he should keep his ass in Florida. I want a coach that is excited for our opportunity. If he takes the job he better come in here YESTERDAY and go balls-out to build this program. I have a bad feeling that he sees this as just a job that pays more money than he's making now.

Still looking for rational of paying a coach who is -30 to the loss column can make $500K over other proven coaches such as Fran, Bowden, etc.. Yippee he took 5 years to win at Iowa State, great, but that will not cut it here.

The latest from Lance Dunbar's status update

Micah Mosley: Funny how RV has been in the locker room after every game since I've been here including away but when we are ready to make a statement he's no where to be found.

Ouch!!

Sounds like not everything is well in Shangri-La

Edited by untbowler

The latest from Lance Dunbar's status update

Micah Mosley: Funny how RV has been in the locker room after every game since I've been here including away but when we are ready to make a statement he's no where to be found.

Sorry, Micah. You don't get a choice. No one told you life was fair. Better to learn it now.

Good stuff for sure. Keep it coming.

After the game tonight, I ate dinner with a group of students. Betrayed by RV was general sentiment. They vote for the stadium, support the team, and the first spark of life (Canales) they see in four years from the football team is going to be replaced by someone they have never heard of.

Sorry, Micah. You don't get a choice. No one told you life was fair. Better to learn it now.

Apparently, those of us who support the program don't get a voice either.

I wasn't a Canales supporter before tonight but at this point I would take him in a heartbeat over McCarney.

• Upvote 1

Only at NT, NT finally bits the bullet and ups hc compensation substantially and offers an experienced semi-name coach and a good segment of the fans are up in arms. Canales has really put the administration in a precarious situation. On the bright side, if McCarney declines NT offer, it won't be a disappointment to many. The negative is if he accepts he is gong to be compared to a very popular Canales for a long time

It appears that RV made a very wise decision to not visit that locker room. Can you imagine how much worse this hc decision would be if NT had actually won this game?

Florida st 31/Florida 7

After only his third year McCarney has lowly Florida playing like perennial powerhouse Iowa St.

We have found our man.

On a seperate note someone seems to have lost their spine at the K State game. It has the initials RV on it and can be picked up at the lost and found box at the Athletic Center.

In my oppinion this is a good hire. I grew up being an Iowa State fan and I am UNT fan and alum. (So yes my college football experience has been miserable for the most part). I was at the game tonight and have watched most of the games for the Mean Green this year. I think Canales has done a good job and I like what he has done to step in so far. So I wouldn't have been opposed to giving him a shot. However if Mccarney is the guy just keep an open mind. I think it is twice as hard to recruit good talent to Iowa State compared to North Texas. You have to convince quality recruits from out of state to live in Ames Iowa. The Iowa High School football talent is minimal and anyone really good goes to the University of Iowa. Mccarney made ISU respectable again while he was there by recruiting nationally. Building up the Iowa State program is a pretty similar situation to what he would have to work with at UNT. I would welcome this hire and I plan on buying season tickets again for next season.

I don't know what's worse -- the fact that we offered Dan McCarney or the fact that he had to think about first . . . . . .

Someone needs to put together a Hitler video on the hiring of McCarney.

This board makes me want to puke sometimes...now is one of those times.

Coach C, wish you the best. You gave us reason to get excited for UNT football again. I'll never forget the KSU game.

Coach Mac, welcome aboard!

To the rest of you who want RV's head...did you completely miss or just disregard all the posts from our "insiders" saying Rawlins was running this show? Canales is RV's guy. Mac is Rawlins'. Got it?

After the game tonight, I ate dinner with a group of students. Betrayed by RV was general sentiment. They vote for the stadium, support the team, and the first spark of life (Canales) they see in four years from the football team is going to be replaced by someone they have never heard of.

It makes me wonder if RV was hoping for a loss or if he would have congratulated the team if they would have pulled out a win ??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It makes me wonder if RV was hoping for a loss or if he would have congratulated the team if they would have pulled out a win ??

That is just crazy talk! Didn't you see RV hugging the seniors on their way out to the field?

All the powers that be and the vast majority of fans kept saying go with the sure hire. He did. You don't get fired for recommending IBM even though smaller firms often have more innovative products.

• Downvote 1