Wac Expansion

StealthEagle84

More reason for UNT to get it's act together. I mean, the WAC isn't much better than the SBC, but I'd hate to be left behind by any of these colleges.

So after losing Boise, Fresno, and Nevada and adding Denver (no football), UTSA, and Texas State, the WAC is still better than the Sun Belt? :blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So after losing Boise, Fresno, and Nevada and adding Denver (no football), UTSA, and Texas State, the WAC is still better than the Sun Belt? :blink:

No it IS NOT.

I don't understand why anyone would want to go into a start up conference.

Read the comments at the end of the article. That's all you need to know about the Western Athletic Conference.

La Tech has to be blowing their brains out...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No it IS NOT.

I don't understand why anyone would want to go into a start up conference.

Read the comments at the end of the article. That's all you need to know about the Western Athletic Conference.

La Tech has to be blowing their brains out...

I guess for the same reason the NT joined the Big West and the Sun Belt. Some D-1 conference is better than nothing.....Personally, I am glad NT turned down the World Athletic Conference. Must be a financial drain to send all your sport's teams to Hawaii, California and Idaho.

• Upvote 1

If they're looking for a conference that's better for them regionally and has comparable (or better) teams ...

Agree.

It's really funny (or sad) seeing their pride take them right into the toilet.

Pride based on what, I don't know. But what a dilemma they're in. They're like one of the victims in Seven. Kevin Spacey cut their nose off and they would rather kill themselves than go through life disfigured.

The one saving grace the SBC has is Troy. The rest of the belt is pretty much inconsequential on a greater scale. I hope our new coach changes that because we can't expect the SBC to be taken seriously until at least 3-4 teams in the conference perform as well as Troy has.

Also, boo-hoo to the -1s. That's the unpleasant truth about the SBC before the departures and it could be the truth if the new WAC football schools roll in hard.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I'm confused how Texas State and UTSA are going to be FBS by 2012. How does that work? I like Texas State, but I went to their last home game against Central Arkansas and their little 15k stadium was only half full (1/3 full by halftime). UTSA doesn't even field a team. Are there no longer minimum attendance figures or stadium sizes?

Also, boo-hoo to the -1s. That's the unpleasant truth about the SBC before the departures and it could be the truth if the new WAC football schools roll in hard.

That's a mighty big IF you have there. What makes you feel like a school that has yet to play a down of football on any level and a program that has been middle of the road in their conference is going to come into the WAC and suddenly dominate? Western Kentucky, who had been doing pretty good in their conference and was doing a good job in the 1AA playoffs, has struggled since they came into the Belt and started playing with the big boys.

The one saving grace the SBC has is Troy. The rest of the belt is pretty much inconsequential on a greater scale. I hope our new coach changes that because we can't expect the SBC to be taken seriously until at least 3-4 teams in the conference perform as well as Troy has.

+10

I think we should all hold our "nay says" about the future WAC because we certainly don't have much room to talk.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Where the heck is chrisattsu?????? I'm glad the Belt will no longer be the worst football conference....but it ain't by much folks

I'm here. I would have been here sooner but I've been out drinking.

I am glad to see this is about to be over. I've been following conference realignment and how it relates to my Bobcats since 2008. I am glad that it is coming to an end and we finally get to move up.

Hopefully it is a good experience.

• Upvote 1

I'm here. I would have been here sooner but I've been out drinking.

I am glad to see this is about to be over. I've been following conference realignment and how it relates to my Bobcats since 2008. I am glad that it is coming to an end and we finally get to move up.

Hopefully it is a good experience.

Hey, what in the world has happened to our Texans' down in Stephenville this year?

Rick