Amazing Fact About Today's Game...

CaribbeanGreen

All I know is it was our largest margin of victory since 2004.... the first game after our coach was fired.... against a team coming off a massive 3 score win over a team that beat us... in their house, on their homecoming. It was like nothing we'd seen since Diet Coke Boy roamed the sidelines, in the first game of a new era against a team with no conference loss bigger than one score coming in.

Yeah, I'm standing by amazing. Don't know why some would want to belittle this to defend a horribly failed ex-coach, but hey.. that nightmare is OVER, and things look much, much brighter now.... Sounds like some somehow expected us to blow out WKU on the road?? I know I sure didn't.... GMG!

And in regards to "amazing"... I'd still like to know... in the history of college football, has a coach with a tenure longer than 3 years EVER been fired or quit and then THE VERY NEXT GAME the team post a larger margin of victory than he ever posted in his entire tenure??? Not a shot at Dodge, just an amazing football anomaly. I can't imagine it's ever happened.

personally, i thought the win over ball state was the biggest win in years, but my favorite win was the smu game.

i think people need to tap the brakes on this win. like someone said earlier...it was a fumble inside our redzone with around 5 minutes to go that made this game look better than it was, then we got a muffed kickoff to make it a laugher. and if you were watching the game you could see them give up after we got the ball past the 50 after the fumble.

it's a good win because of all the injuries and playing with our 3rd string qb with a broken wrist. i think we won this game because our rb's did well and their rushing defense is horrible.

i don't care how we won...just that we won.

ps... could you do me a favor? since you're blowing things out of proportion in such a positive way on something so mediocre....can you write a post about my penis?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am sure if I asked a WKU (that thinks like you), beating a bad ULL team was MAASSSIVE. But in reality, it was one game against another bad team, and they came out on town and perhaps it is bigger to WKU, since they rarely beat anyone. We, however, always beat WKU. That is not massive, nor amazing.

Whether or not UNT's victory against a 1 win team, which it has never lost to, in a season that it fired its head coach, against an opponent which the previous head coach is undefeated -- is history making? I couldn't care less. That is a terrible thing to count as "Amazing Fact(s)" or historical.

It is a win. A win I am happy about. We didn't beat Notre Dame. We beat a team we always beat.

Also, the sweet onion soy sauce chicken sub is not $5.

http://www.subway.co...C=ENG&MenuID=35

Just details I guess.

Uh, not to get too off topic, but I did not see the "sweet onion soy sauce chicken sub" listed on that linked menu". It sounded good, and I'm needing to vary my Subway choices some, so just thought I'd ask, "where is that which I'm not seeing?"

Oh, and yes, details, but important ones.

ps... could you do me a favor? since you're blowing things out of proportion in such a positive way on something so mediocre....can you write a post about my penis?

I've heard stories about your ding dong. It is MASSIVE. Snookie wouldn't get it in.

Uh, not to get too off topic, but I did not see the "sweet onion soy sauce chicken sub" listed on that linked menu". It sounded good, and I'm needing to vary my Subway choices some, so just thought I'd ask, "where is that which I'm not seeing?"

Oh, and yes, details, but important ones.

It is the gringo teriyaki. They sell it at my Highland Park Whole Foods.

Ah, that would have been useful information...last week, when I went to the Arlington Whole Foods. You do realize that you posted a link to the Subway menu though, right?

I do, but I am so stuck up that I refuse to order non-gringo sounding things. When I go into Starbucks, I order a large coffee -- not that non-gringo word for 20.

Yeah, I'm standing by amazing. Don't know why some would want to belittle this to defend a horribly failed ex-coach, but hey.. that nightmare is OVER, and things look much, much brighter now.... Sounds like some somehow expected us to blow out WKU on the road?? I know I sure didn't.... GMG!

Noone is belittling the win. We won, it feels good, time to get ready for Troy and continue the discussion on the coaching search.

We get it, you don't like Dodge. Your hatred for Dodge is like PenYen's man crush on June Jones. Take your own advice and let it go. It's time to move on!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wins are fun and I'm glad that we were able to get another since they have been so hard to come by over the last six years. But, we need to tap the brakes a little.

We beat a Bottom 10 team. Yes, they are improving and have moved up a few notches above being the worst team in the FBS but they haven't turned the corner yet.

I'm pleased that Coach Canales won in his first try as an FBS head coach. Let him be happy and savor the moment but not forget that the conference leader comes here in seven short days. They'll have fire in their eyes after losing their first conference game yesterday. If he can beat them then we'll all give a truly deserved shout out to Coach Canales.

Edited by GrayEagle

personally, i thought the win over ball state was the biggest win in years, but my favorite win was the smu game.

i think people need to tap the brakes on this win. like someone said earlier...it was a fumble inside our redzone with around 5 minutes to go that made this game look better than it was, then we got a muffed kickoff to make it a laugher. and if you were watching the game you could see them give up after we got the ball past the 50 after the fumble.

it's a good win because of all the injuries and playing with our 3rd string qb with a broken wrist. i think we won this game because our rb's did well and their rushing defense is horrible.

i don't care how we won...just that we won.

? So you're saying they gave up on the extra point try? That was the drive that Byrd had a 53 yd TD run.... :)

would this have been as impressive a win if Dodge was still HC. To me, no.

Looking at past results, the W would be there, but the score sure as hell wouldn't have been 33-6. More along the lines of 79-68 with some last minute nail biting play. The difference for me wasn't a win against a crappy team. It was being in total control of the game whistle to whistle. While not perfectly executed by the players, it was nearly perfectly managed by the coaching staff.

Looking at past results, the W would be there, but the score sure as hell wouldn't have been 33-6. More along the lines of 79-68 with some last minute nail biting play. The difference for me wasn't a win against a crappy team. It was being in total control of the game whistle to whistle. While not perfectly executed by the players, it was nearly perfectly managed by the coaching staff.

A very good point!