Unt Lands Another

Brett Vito

Been waiting on this one for about a month now. Here's his Rivals pageso that nobody gets him confused with the 5-star Chris Jones that's verbaled to Tennessee.

Jones is the PG at Lakeview Centennial with Toddrick Gotcher (Texas Tech commit we were also pursuing). Definitive offers from schools like Missouri State and Indiana State, interest and possible offers (yes according to Rivals, but who knows for sure) from New Mexico, Colorado, and Houston.

Best part- chose us over offers from UALR and every other metroplex school (TCU, SMU, and UTA). Not only did we get a 6'+ point guard to pair with Trey Norris, but we got one that the rest of the metroplex and at least one conference mate were also after.

He was ready to verbal about a month ago , I guess he wanted to take a look see around just to make sure this was the right fit. This probably means Kyan Anderson is off the table , but oh well I liKe Jones too !!

Cooley, does Jones play the point w/ Gotcher @ the 2 ? Or does he play the 2 w/ Gotcher @ the 3 ?

Edited by NT03

I am no recruiting expert by any stretch, but this sure looks to be a fantastic recruiting class! I was very concerned about losing so many key players after this season, but appears that Jones and Co. will not let the talent level drop for next season. Nice!

He was ready to verbal about a month ago , I guess he wanted to take a look see around just to make sure this was the right fit. This probably means Kyan Anderson is off the table , but oh well I liKe Jones too !!

Cooley, does Jones play the point w/ Gotcher @ the 2 ? Or does he play the 2 w/ Gotcher @ the 3 ?

Chris Jones is the PG; Gotcher the 2

Just for the record, we have 8 ships total to give. 6 graduating seniors, 1 that should have been RJ McGhee if he'd been willing to go to class, and 1 that used to be Mangrum but never got filled.

This is commit number 4.

Williams is a tall 3, Brandon Walton is (given the other 2 HS commits and the continued presence of Alzee) a 2, and Jones and Norris should both be able to play 1.

I'd say we're probably planning/hoping to spend 3 of the remaining 4 ships on post players (given what's left in the HS ranks, 2 JUCOS and one HS?) and the final one on an outside player with some size.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Just for the record, we have 8 ships total to give. 6 graduating seniors, 1 that should have been RJ McGhee if he'd been willing to go to class, and 1 that used to be Mangrum but never got filled.

This is commit number 4.

Williams is a tall 3, Brandon Walton is (given the other 2 HS commits and the continued presence of Alzee) a 2, and Jones and Norris should both be able to play 1.

I'd say we're probably planning/hoping to spend 3 of the remaining 4 ships on post players (given what's left in the HS ranks, 2 JUCOS and one HS?) and the final one on an outside player with some size.

Not sure why someone would give u a negative 1 on this , so I guess I'll even it out.

I'd say we use one a transfer / mid term transfer... probably a certain someone from the BIG XII

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Not sure why someone would give u a negative 1 on this , so I guess I'll even it out.

I'd say we use one a transfer / mid term transfer... probably a certain someone from the BIG XII

1) Suffice it to say, I can always tell when certain people's 24 hour minus clock resets.

2) I'm ninjafacing as hard as you are on that one and I hope one (or more) come through for us... But I won't count any transfers until they show up on campus.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

According to Rivals....a certain school in Dallas also offered him. Of course, now they'll say they never wanted him...right Hoop Man?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Chris-Jones-99388

Let's face it, he's not CUSA material, but a "good pickup for UNT." He woulda never played at that powerhouse on the hilltop. I wonder which of their assistants was high on him only to have Doh not really offer?

• Upvote 2

Let's face it, he's not CUSA material, but a "good pickup for UNT." He woulda never played at that powerhouse on the hilltop. I wonder which of their assistants was high on him only to have Doh not really offer?

Wearing hip boots is required when your read ponyfans.com. Gets kinda deep over there, especially when the public school to the north is discussed.

www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/topstories/stories/101010dnspountcommit.17556ed89.htmlMy link

Jones was mvp of his district last year and an all state player who averaged over 21 points a game. Looks like a great pickup.

I'm a big Jones fan. Great get for UNT. Always thought more of him than Gotcher, so I expect him to play well early, especially if his hand heals up properly. Good pull.

"And now....the starting lineup for the Dallas UNT90's....

At PG....steve nash!

At PG....chris paul!

At PG....jason kidd!

At PG....deron williams!

Aaaaaaand at the other PG....tony parker!

The UNT90's are coached by Earvin "magic" Johnson."

Just imagine the matchup problems....:wub:

I'm a big Jones fan. Great get for UNT. Always thought more of him than Gotcher, so I expect him to play well early, especially if his hand heals up properly. Good pull.

I actually like having you around. I know alot of people rag on you, but it's nice to see what a knowledgable SMU fan thinks of our class. I hope you stick around. You seem really connected to the local AAU circuit, so I hope to hear alot more from you in the coming month. We've got alot more targets & schollies!

• Upvote 1

I actually like having you around. I know alot of people rag on you, but it's nice to see what a knowledgable SMU fan thinks of our class. I hope you stick around. You seem really connected to the local AAU circuit, so I hope to hear alot more from you in the coming month. We've got alot more targets & schollies!

Shawnson Johnson > Lonnie Baxter > John Koncak

Ha, I have thick skin. I like Williams & Jones a ton and readily admit it. I may like Jones the most, actually. Trey Norris is a good little player, but I'm not sold, nor were many other schools.

SMU and UNT both have nice little classes right now. It's all about how they close. I really hope neither team drags a bunch of ships to the Spring.