How About Praise For The Ol

SilverEagle

When reading about how well our running game did last night, and how well it has done against Clemson and Rice, I have to say GREAT JOB OL! And for putting together a very functional OL for last nights game.....WAY TO GO COACH BRYANT!

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9051&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=204972609&Q_SEASON=2010

• Upvote 2

When reading about how well our running game did last night, and how well it has done against Clemson and Rice, I have to say GREAT JOB OL! And for putting together a very functional OL for last nights game.....WAY TO GO COACH BRYANT!

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9051&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=204972609&Q_SEASON=2010

I agree overall but the OL had a horrible game against Army.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That wasn't very nice...so I erased it.

I'll just remark that building up an O-line and improving it game to game is something 99% of the world would celebrate. Yuk, yuk.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

i was at the game and several things impressed me.1]r. dodge played very well. he forced 1 pass into double coverage in the end zone that was intercepted, but other than that, was outstanding. 2] this was the type of close game that we normally loose. going into 4th qtr with a lead and not closing the deal, such as with rice. 3] the players were really pumped, shouting "1&0" as they left the field 4] lets not go overboard with our offensive line play. fau is worst in nation in rushing defense, giving up 256.5 yards per game. we rushed for 257 yards. this word of caution is not intended to take anything away from what was a excellent outing by our patched up o-line, but to put it in perspective. if we can beat ull at home, we may yet have a decent season with 4 or 5 wins, maybe more, but we are very thin regarding player depth. fau's new stadium costing $68 million will be simular to fiu and mtsu in construction, a steel erector set.

• Upvote 2

i was at the game and several things impressed me.1]r. dodge played very well. he forced 1 pass into double coverage in the end zone that was intercepted, but other than that, was outstanding. 2] this was the type of close game that we normally loose. going into 4th qtr with a lead and not closing the deal, such as with rice. 3] the players were really pumped, shouting "1&0" as they left the field 4] lets not go overboard with our offensive line play. fau is worst in nation in rushing defense, giving up 256.5 yards per game. we rushed for 257 yards. this word of caution is not intended to take anything away from what was a excellent outing by our patched up o-line, but to put it in perspective. if we can beat ull at home, we may yet have a decent season with 4 or 5 wins, maybe more, but we are very thin regarding player depth. fau's new stadium costing $68 million will be simular to fiu and mtsu in construction, a steel erector set.

Thanks for that, wardly and........as a 'boomer kid, I hated erector sets many of us got at Christmas, but I enjoyed the hell out of those log cabin sets, although I could never get the green roofs to stay on mine. :(Now that I got that off my chest someone figger' this:

FAU Beats UAB!

Then UAB Almost Beat the Tennessee Vols' yesterday?