Did I Start The Mike Leach Rumor With This Thread?

pogWo4life

Hey, we do not need gimmicky offense systems to fix this thing. I liked Leach at Tech, and no doubt he is one smart football coach. But it is time we get real and go after a coach who runs this program like a CEO. Then maybe special teams won't be an afterthought.

Ummm...we need someone who has been successful elsewhere in the college ranks and brings interest to the program. With the new stadium opening, we need someone who will put butts in seats and will engage an apathetic student body.

Edited by JayDub
  • Downvote 1

he was in the "boof" calling a game

I say we hire him just to get him out of that "boof"...

I watched that whole game and even before I realized it was ML I was convinced I was listening to the worst color man in the history of football broadcasting...

He was atrocious...

it would take 10% of our annual athletic budget just for leaches salary, plus another 10% for his staff. get real.

That is called investment. I have no doubt that the ROI for that investment would be possible sell outs every week, an overnight huge increase in MGC, plus a buzz around this program that would dwarf what we had when Dodge first came on board. I think we'd convert hundreds of Tech fans to dual UNT fans. And I think he'd win his first year with the leftovers.

I would love for Leach to come here. I also know that will never happen.

But we need that kind of hire. The timing of Nienas and athletic fee may be foretelling? We have to invest in a big hire or commit to being who we are today.

Honestly I doubt he has any. Schools stay away from coaches who sue the school. See Nolan Richardson.

Interesting thought but I think with a school that is really down in football when they should be good...they will bring in a guy like Leach. Even the last couple of years...I think if he wanted the other jobs he would have gotten it e.g. Washington, Auburn etc. I think Leach is just taking some time off, enjoying his money and will probably be ready to get back at it in the next year or two.

Worth it.

Never ceases to amaze me how fans on this board want big timecollege football, but continue to think small time.

Find the money. Period.

UCF found the money to pay George O'Leary $1 million a year, and it's a school a lot like North Texas. Huge enrollment, big media market (Orlando), directional name, limited national rep and giant in-state schools that suck up all the media oxygen.

• Upvote 1

Listen to me fellow Mean Green enthusiast: Leach's on-going legal problems with the *State of Texas will probably make Leach a hot potato for any public univerisity in the Lone Star State to be interested; especially one particular university in northern Texas that would like the state of Texas legislators to smile upon her and elevate her to Tier One status. Fellow Mean Greeners, do we really want to kick sand in the faces of our Texas legislators now? :huh:

*If you sue a public university in Texas you are thereby dealing with the State of Texas according to one blog I read.

Lets move on from Leach talk, OK?

How about Notre Dame ex coach ,ie, 90 year old +/- Ara Parseghian. Lets get that one started. :rolleyes: NOTE: Rick V, our interim Prez and Consultant Neinas will probably have a name that will not even be mentioned on GMG.com (most likely). NOTE: All this contingent on if TDodge does not pull a miracle for himself and his team.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen