Let Me Be The First...

NCMeanGreen

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY AT 5:00 IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HEAT WAS OUR ENTIRE TEAM ON THE FIELD IN FULL PADS , RUNNING DRILLS AT FULL SPEED ? WHILE ACROSS THE THE WAY RICE HAD HALF OF THEIR TEAM OUT THERE ONLY WEARING THEIR PANTS. MAKES NO SENSE. OUR PLAYERS WERE DEAD TIRED BEFORE THE END OF THE GAME:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why does our offense look even more vanilla under Guru Chico than it did under Dodge? Couple Things:

1. Lance Dunbar is on this team... can we get him the ball more than sporadically?

2. Is this the "package of plays" we were told the guru developed for Rodge? I love the kid as much or more than anyone on the board... but if this is all you're going to do with him its pointless.

3. Quit over rotating the wr's. I get that we've got a stable of talented guys but not a single one of them is allowed to get in any kind of game flow rythm. Giving breathers is fine, but its full blown substitution madness out there.

4. Same thing goes for punt and kick returners. How many different return men did we use tonight? 5?

The talent is there. This sinking ship has no captain at the rudder.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

He has won 5 games. We have invested more than $600,000 on this douche. $120,000 per victory. Hope those five wins were worth it.

Ditto....I didn't like the hire....felt he should have been fired after year TWO....and now I have to go thru more humiliation from eveyone I see...Oh yea...I live in Houston...even worse.

Wait until the Uof Houston shows up next year at our opener....how many digits can you count...add those to the off scoreboard for UoH. this BS with the mgmt of UNT football just gets OLD....they can't even have a decent video feed for the game at MG Premium....for years...how stupid....putting RD in....how stupid....hiring TD...stupid....and on and on and on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Count me in. All of the excuses are just meaningless chatter to me now. I'm tired of being embarrassed.

ummm...the team wasn't embarrassed tonight! they fought hard and had a chance to win. they did just fine, just not enough to win. if you're embarrassed, leave the team/school.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

I agree we are all very frustrated, but I would at least wait a few more games till we start the fire dodge chants. He has to get to 7-5 to keep his job. Were 0-2, he has a challenge, but I wouldn't say fire him now.

Sounds like you're the Guy willing to give him year five of his Contract. And this Rice Team playing mainly Underclassmen AND a backup QB mid-way through the Game tonight was a CHALLENGE?! Dodge has had enough time, and it's time for him to go! Put Coach Chico as Interim Head Coach for the remainder of this Season, then clean house.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

ummm...the team wasn't embarrassed tonight! they fought hard and had a chance to win. they did just fine, just not enough to win. if you're embarrassed, leave the team/school.

So you're okay with the fact that at this point in Dodge's tenure, he still hasn't figured out how to win these types of games? I've stuck with this team through thick and thin since the day I left high school, and I don't plan on bailing now. I am simply stating that the time for a head coaching change is LONG overdue. 5-33 is embarrassing. Sorry.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So you're okay with the fact that at this point in Dodge's tenure, he still hasn't figured out how to win these types of games? I've stuck with this team through thick and thin since the day I left high school, and I don't plan on bailing now. I am simply stating that the time for a head coaching change is LONG overdue. 5-33 is embarrassing. Sorry.

dodge didn't lose the game...the defense gave up a td in the fourth and the offense couldn't score.

leave if you're embarrassed. i'm not.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

Remember - they scored 77 points on us two years ago - and squeaked by with a win tonight (by chance- not talent). As far as I can see this is a huge improvement. You guys were not at the edge of your seats two years ago and biting your nails. You all watched the game til the end while two years ago people left before half time.

I think there is an improvement- and the guys on the field played well and are doing things we haven't seen. They have improved with baby steps and change does not happen over night. I believe we will start winning. This is about

showing support for the effort, team, and have pride in UNT.

Clemson and Rice were both better games than what I have seen in the past several past years.

Maybe you are upset because the game was so close is a good thing and not a bad one. A complete 77-10 blow out would have made me feel hopeless. Recognize we actually competed tonight.

All this negative feedback is really unbearable and embarrassing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

dodge didn't lose the game...the defense gave up a td in the fourth and the offense couldn't score.

leave if you're embarrassed. i'm not.

The head coach never loses the game by your logic. It all falls at his feet. The special teams being a disaster. The poor tackling. The poor play calling. At some point, everyone needs to quit making excuses for this dude. At what other job would this track record allow you to keep your employment?!

Again, I'm not leaving. So don't try to scoreboard me with your loyal fandom.

• Upvote 2

Just fine. That's been the attitude since I was a freshman in '93. Sure has gone a long way since then.

This attitude of, "if you're embarrassed, leave the team/school" is not new, it is just what the administration has presented to fans in the past. That is the major reason that the 4th largest U in the state's home opening attendance couldn't fill up the endzone seats at DKR in Austin.

• Upvote 1

2. Is this the "package of plays" we were told the guru developed for Rodge? I love the kid as much or more than anyone on the board... but if this is all you're going to do with him its pointless.

Riley may be a real talent, but I really don't know how we are using him. Last year he was the QB, I just don't see how he fits into this offense this year. He hasn't really lined up at WR and when he does, there's not a whole lot of separation.

I have yet to see him throw a pass in a game. Usually it's a option read, and I'm not the best at breaking down a defense from the sidelines, but it looks to be he makes the same wrong decision every time - keep the ball. It's no secret that when Riley is in, you can pretty much bank on run and if there's an option he's keeping the ball.

Soo frustrating that from 3rd and 2 we trot out Riley to hang on to the ball to get the tough yards, when we have a couple really good running backs and a line that can run block fairly well.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 6

The head coach never loses the game by your logic. It all falls at his feet. The special teams being a disaster. The poor tackling. The poor play calling. At some point, everyone needs to quit making excuses for this dude. At what other job would this track record allow you to keep your employment?!

Again, I'm not leaving. So don't try to scoreboard me with your loyal fandom.

if you are embarrassed leave or find a solution! poor tackling isn't his fault, it's the players. i hate that the guys are failing, but they are doing their best and coming up short. this is my school, my team, and i'm supporting them. if you aren't, then leave. you are right...the coach didn't lose this game. the players just came up short. i hope next week will be better.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Riley may be a real talent, but I really don't know how we are using him. Last year he was the QB, I just don't see how he fits into this offense this year. He hasn't really lines up at WR and when he does, there's not a whole lot of separation.

I have yet to see him throw a pass in a game. Usually it's a option read, and I'm not the best at breaking down a defense from the sidelines, but it looks to be he makes the same wrong decision every time - keep the ball. It's no secret that when Riley is in, you can pretty much bank on run and if there's an option he's keeping the ball.

cSoo frustrating that from 3rd and 2 we trot out Riley to hang on to the ball to get the tough yards, when we have aouple really good running backs and a line that can run block fairly well.

Yes and the "coaches" called his number at two critical times in the game. With 4th and 14 with Tylers speed we throw it 5 yards. This ones on the coaches folks

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

if you are embarrassed leave or find a solution! poor tackling isn't his fault, it's the players. i hate that the guys are failing, but they are doing their best and coming up short. this is my school, my team, and i'm supporting them. if you aren't, then leave. you are right...the coach didn't lose this game. the players just came up short. i hope next week will be better.

The players are coached by the coaches

Over the past 2 years I've watched about 200 tackling drills ( yes , I've actually counted ) and in those 75% of the players went in straight up with their helmet on the wrong side of the ball. I just don't get it. Not once did I ever see a coach correct this. This is the most fundamental part of the game and our players are not being corrected by our coaches. There is a reason for all these missed tackles over the years. It's on both , but when it's a coaches job to do these things it falls on them

• Upvote 1

I thought this was a must win and I still think it was to set the tone for the rest of the season. I saw too many of the same stupid mistakes, we should have won this game we just find a way to lose. I hope Dodge pulls it out but I think the odds of him doing it just cut in half.

Those that talk about Rice Two years ago well this is a different team by a long shot and we should have cooked them. WE HAD EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO WIN THIS.

Maybe we will get a spark in New York.

• Upvote 1

The players are coached by the coaches

and they are in their jobs because of rv...does he need to be fired???

i get that coaches coach, but it comes down to the player wrapping up and finishing his tackle. how can the coach be held responsible for the player not finishing his play???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2