Mean Green Versus Clemson

chrisfisher

I don't want to see any Td celebration the rest of the year. Hand the ball to the damn official.

That's what I've said so many times! You wanna be intimidating? Hand off the ball and walk off the field with little more than a high five. Make it look like "business as usual". Don't act like it's the only time you'll ever score in your life; this whole "celebration" crap may be a dumb call by officials, but as an athlete you don't want people to think that scoring is the greatest thing to ever happen. In a national title, bowl game, etc., especially if it's a game-winner and the last one of your career, it's a little more understandable...but, "haha, we're only behind by 7!!!"...yeah, not that impressive or intimidating.

I'd say a team scoring 21 points on us with 7 minutes of possession ... it's definitely not good. Seen some highlights from the defense, but I'm afraid Clemson is finding their groove and we're in trouble.

Offense is showing some good flashes. Tune is not very mobile. They break through the scrimmage and he seems to go down pretty quick. Can't get out of the grasp or the pocket for that matter.

Now, let's see if it is the same ole story or do we make some actual adjustments at the half...

BTW, ESPN.com sucks. They're showing 21-0. Not just behind as usual, they flat out skipped over our TD and showed the quickie-TD by Clemson. (edit) Sorry, forgot people whine about language on here so I'll refer to them as bastard children of the Yeti since I can't call them "F-ers".

Edited by JesseMartin

PROS: Dunbar is doing an amazing job running. Our passing game is where it should be.

CONS: Within the last two seasons we have thrown game after game away in the second half... especially the 3rd quarter.

P.S.: Dodge should keep his little boy away from the QB position.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We have to do something different on the O line

I can't determine if Santiago is that slow or Bower is that fast. Maybe a combination, but Santiago is getting whipped on pass protection. When Santiago pulls and is forced to be a run blocker, he performs quite well.

BTW, I know Royce Hill bit hard on the play action (like the rest of the defense), but man he's got some wheels and sure was closing fast.

Our WR core is looking very fast today. Whatever happened in this off season really shows in this 1st half. 21-7 is tough at this point considering the stupid ass penalty and defensive brain fart on one play and an extra Clemson blocker in stripes.

Defense needs to do some more tackling.

PROS: Dunbar is doing an amazing job running. Our passing game is where it should be.

CONS: Within the last two seasons we have thrown game after game away in the second half... especially the 3rd quarter.

i believe canales is the one who calls the plays now.

• Upvote 1

Dodge doesn't call the plays an longer. Canales has complete control of the called plays and QBs.

Everyone is quick to question Dodge.... Is it time to admit that DeLoach is not what we need as a D Coordiantor?

Hard to blame the D with the amount of offensive turnovers last year and the year before and the short fields the offense gives them. How can you say 1 half into the season that it's more of the same? 2 plays and a horrible excessive celebration penalty.

Can posters please save the coaching change talk until after the season, or at least closer to the end. This season will be a beating with all of that.

I'd say a team scoring 21 points on us with 7 minutes of possession ... it's definitely not good. Seen some highlights from the defense, but I'm afraid Clemson is finding their groove and we're in trouble.

Offense is showing some good flashes. Tune is not very mobile. They break through the scrimmage and he seems to go down pretty quick. Can't get out of the grasp or the pocket for that matter.

Now, let's see if it is the same ole story or do we make some actual adjustments at the half...

Tune is making great decisions and is only as mobile as he has to be... He's picking up first downs and yds with his feet when he has to.

Dodge's "little boy" blew away the competition in high school before a late-season injury followed by a collegiate one. No one could have expected that that would happen. We recruited the 2-time Texas HS player of the year and "crap" happened, but I really don't think Riley needs your BS to remind him of that. I'm scared as hell of the same thing happening but will let my own "little boys" make their own choices just like Todd did. Bad attitudes don't help young men develop into America's future, so please knock off the negativity. The rest of what you said, yeah, I agree. Let's just keep it to the normal commentary like the rest of what you said instead of dogging kids for getting injured, okay?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Of course 21-7 isn't great, but what I saw was that the defense and offense adjust to size and speed of the players. The coaches also seemed to adjust their respective players to the size/speed with different play calling. At first it looked like a total mismatch but started to level out as the game went on. Typically, it is the reverse: the smaller team plays their best ball early while energized...

Edited by chrisfisher