Treed Area Near New Stadium

greenjoe

It should be the "Aerie" - the nest of a bird of prey, as an eagle or a hawk. (per Dictionary.com)

It would also play on UNT History since this name was also used by the yearbook for many years.

Maybe we should reserve this for the nick name of the stadium. Similar to the swamp, death valley. But does it sound mean enough for that?

Since it's an old golf course, The Green or The Rough

You hit it, "The Rough" is the clear winner.

The cool tailgating spots I have heard had nothing to do with school spirit or nicknames. Like Joe Said the boulevard (SMU)and the grove (Ole Miss) is something you have to know. The Rough is excellent it is meaningful with reference to the old golf course, and it makes sense for a treed area. And at this point it sounds unique to college tailgating. I hope we have more treas put back in along the lake on the west and the east side, just to give us some more room. The boulevard and the grove are pretty big.

Edited by KingDL1

class and tailgating certainly don't mix to me! while walking through the orange lot, i never think of class. plenty of places in the blue lot don't scream class either...beerman anyone??? why the focus on being classy??? IT'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL TAILGATING NOT THE OPERA!!!!!

• Upvote 2

class and tailgating certainly don't mix to me! while walking through the orange lot, i never think of class. plenty of places in the blue lot don't scream class either...beerman anyone??? why the focus on being classy??? IT'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL TAILGATING NOT THE OPERA!!!!!

I think you've nailed it! "Beerman's Speaker Space"