I Guess The Kickoff Cookout Is No More?

UNTflyer

I see ads for the 5K run and the Football 101, but what happened to the big event to get our season tickets and listen to the coach?

I'm guessing but I think the format this year may have been changed because of the construction at the AC with the new stadium. I doubt they wanted that many people parking and milling around over there as they have been working on Saturdays to catch up recently and do concrete pours.

The new location (Fouts) and earlier start includes the running events, catered breakfast and food samples. I believe they are still doing the ticket and gift pickup and a MG merchandise table. During all this fans can also watch a full contact scrimmage 9-11am, with players signing autographs afterwards. Not too bad.

ACTIVITIES:

6:30 am - Registration and Check-in

8:00 am - 5K Race

8:30 am - Complimentary Breakfast brought to you by Extreme Cuisine Catering (runners will receive vouchers for their complimentary breakfast)

8:30 am - Various business's from Denton will be on hand for you to sample their food

9:00 am - 1 Mile Family Fun Run

9:00 am - North Texas Football Scrimmage at Fouts Field (open to the public)

9:30 am - Awards Ceremony

9:30 am - North Texas Cheerleaders, Dancers, Scrappy and Student Athletes will be on hand to visit with fans.

11:00 am - North Texas Football Team will sign autographs.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I saw this already as I indicated in my original post.

If the 5K is the answer to "what's the big event?" then I'm very disappointed.

The changed the cookout to a breakfast because of the heat , everything else is the same. There will still be coaches talking & chances to buy your season tickets.

here's my confusion...if you're not running, what's the cost?

i'd feel cheesy showing up w/out paying a dime. i'd also feel lame registering for the 5k and not running.

Exactly, that was my confusion. I was looking to purchase my tickets but can't find anything.

I suppose if this is the event and the coaches will be speaking like they have in previous years, then I'm good with that. Beat the heat, I get it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

here's my confusion...if you're not running, what's the cost?

i'd feel cheesy showing up w/out paying a dime. i'd also feel lame registering for the 5k and not running.

You can register for the 1 mile fun run. It's only $15. I think it's worth it, whether you run/walk or not. I plan to walk with my two kids. I think you get a t-shirt out of the deal too.

I don't think it is "no more", I just think it has been changed for this year due to the heat and the stadium construction. They have added a scrimmage which is nice, and it's a breakfast not a mid-day or evening event. In the past it was "free" to season ticket holders with non-season ticket holders paying around $25.

I see the confusion in that there is no price listed except for the 5K and the 1K family walk. I would assume it is free if you are not entering either event. But.........you never know.