La Tech To Hold Tuesday Press Conference

gangrene

I think it is good news for the Dawgs! Congrats!

Agree, Harry...I don't see anything wrong-looking at all with their football venue, especially with their upcoming new A/C on the horizon.

Really, shouldn't all of us in the "no chance to ever advance our athletic programs" neighborhood the Super Conference boys are doing their dead level best to put us in all sorta' stick together? That's tantamount to telling a CEO in a striving American business thats puts hundreds or even sometimes thousands of Americans to work that their salary level has been maxed out with never a chance of making any more.

I only hope the Big Boys Super Conference advocates don't steal our dreams to have any opportunity for future advancement, either. Can you only imagine a school of 50,000 enrollment in a Top 5 TV market being told they can't advance their program? I ramble once again but back on point...congrats Dawgs!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Congratulations Louisiana Tech fans! I think the new addition, coupled with what appears to be a fine video scoreboard, gives your stadium a new look and will only improve recruiting and your fan's game day experience.

Good job Tech!

Edited by DeepGreen

Because the quickest way to make someone to look better is to tear down those around you.

Tell us how you feel about being in the same conference as UL-Monroe ... if your words mean anything.

Edited by UNTFan23

Tell us how you feel about being in the same conference as UL-Monroe ... if your words mean anything.

Seeing as how my wife got her Masters degree from NLU, it does not bother me. Not my decision. I will support my school no matter who or where it is.

Being 30 minutes apart does not help the situation (see UNT and SMU).

I like La Tech's style. I am not sure they are going to pull it off, but in the face of lower WAC payouts and State cutbacks; they are in the building mode.

like north texas, they are looking to future conference realignment that may enhance their cusa chances. i wish we could aford to have another series with them, but both programs need occ paydays.

Don't see why anyone is bagging on their new facility. The renderings look nice. Good upgrade for La. Tech.

because most on this site are like little children...they want to knock everyone else because UNT is at the bottom of the football heap and has been for most of our history....tyring to elevate yourself by knocking everyone else...just like children.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I see no reason to do anything other than congratulate Tech on their new facility. I see nothing that impacts the Mean Green either way, and so why would anyone knock Tech for trying to upgrade facilities? What Tech does or does not do with their facilities really has nothing to do with UNT. I am pleased for their fans and their students. I hope they fill the joint up!

But, to something that matters to the Mean Green...I hope UNT fills its new joint up as well. It is time for the UNT fan base and UNT students to get behind this program by putting their "behinds" in the seats.

GO MEAN GREEN! Buy Season Tickets, join the Alumni Association and join the Mean Green Club. What you do and what you don't do makes a difference. YOU can help or you can stand around.

• Upvote 1

I've heard about 8 teams suddenly have a slot open in 2012. I think another home and home would be great. Playing regional opponents home and home is exactly what most schools need to build their local fan base.

Yep its 2011 and 2012 we have the opening due to Boise leaving for the MWC....

I like playing the Mean Green - it adds to my HAT collection each time -

Home and Home sounds great -

Ya'll and the Cajuns are the two SBC programs I have no problems with and I always seem to enjoy my trips to your venues....

Yep its 2011 and 2012 we have the opening due to Boise leaving for the MWC....

I like playing the Mean Green - it adds to my HAT collection each time -

Home and Home sounds great -

Ya'll and the Cajuns are the two SBC programs I have no problems with and I always seem to enjoy my trips to your venues....

What is stopping La Tech from joining the Sun Belt?

We could end up there someday -

I despise the juco and its one of those things I can't explain and don't really care to....

But my philosphy is to play them and beat them unmercifully in any sport we can and as often as we can - separation by action/not avoidance....

ie. what Boise did to Idaho and Utah to BYU.

please refer to smu/unt.same problem. two programs in same market, and one looks down on the other.

I don't understand the UNT/SMU thing either. It isn't truly about the same market because SMU would LOVE to be in the same conference as TCU. I see it as that la tech and SMU are threatened by their neighbors. They are afraid of their neighbor rising above them.

I don't understand the UNT/SMU thing either. It isn't truly about the same market because SMU would LOVE to be in the same conference as TCU. I see it as that la tech and SMU are threatened by their neighbors. They are afraid of their neighbor rising above them.

the last thing smu and tcu want is a successful large state university [north texas]to compete against in the metroplex. the difference between the two is smu is open about it. regarding la.tech/ulm,it seems more personal.