Alumni House

If you go here: http://www.unt.edu/stadium/stadium-images.htm

And click on "View from the South" You'll see an image of the stadium.

It is my understanding that the small building in the upper right corner of this image is the Alumni building.

I think someone posted that an "alumni house" was going to be built at the stadium...does anyone know about this..are there plans, where will it be built...has construction started on it?.....etc.

http://northtexan.unt.edu/content/unt-alumni-association-2

As per the North Texas on the Square meeting, the Alumni spot ( I'm searching for a word here) will be built nearer the tail gate area. Somewhat away from the Stadium.

I am certainly not the "final say" nor do I have any big time inside scoop, but it is my understanding that the Alumni pavilion will be very near or even attached to the stadium.

If that's the alumni center, then that's just embarrassing.

Come on folks...NO, it is not the Alumni Center. In case folks haven't noticed, we have an Alumni Center on campus near the Gateway Center. This is a new pavilion that will be part of the new stadium complex. Geeeeezzzzzz...It's a GOOD thing. It will give the Alumni a great place to meet and greet and "tailgate" before games, maybe even after games and to host events at other times.

I am always amazed that when something like this develops, and before any real announcements are made, that rumors start flying and there will be folks that think it is "negative" somehow without having anything other than rumor to go on.

Just hang in there and official announcements will be made at the proper time. I would imagine that Alumni and friends may even have the opportunity to help support this project through their donations. We'll see.

GO MEAN GREEN...join the MEAN GREEN CLUB and the Alumni Association. It helps a great deal when you do!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I am always amazed that when something like this develops, and before any real announcements are made, that rumors start flying and there will be folks that think it is "negative" somehow without having anything other than rumor to go on.

100% agree.

Oh, wait... This isn't the thread about promotion for the Texas Tech basketball game.

Nevermind, disregard.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Come on folks...NO, it is not the Alumni Center. In case folks haven't noticed, we have an Alumni Center on campus near the Gateway Center. This is a new pavilion that will be part of the new stadium complex. Geeeeezzzzzz...It's a GOOD thing. It will give the Alumni a great place to meet and greet and "tailgate" before games, maybe even after games and to host events at other times.

Just hang in there and official announcements will be made at the proper time. I would imagine that Alumni and friends may even have the opportunity to help support this project through their donations. We'll see.

GO MEAN GREEN...join the MEAN GREEN CLUB and the Alumni Association. It helps a great deal when you do!

Maybe I should of been a little more clear. I know that's not the alumni center, but it's still a really small space for alumni to meet. I just hope this is not the final version of this.

Maybe I should of been a little more clear. I know that's not the alumni center, but it's still a really small space for alumni to meet. I just hope this is not the final version of this.

Small? What is the square footage of the facility? Do you have some info on that you would like to share? Not kidding or jumping your case here, as I don't know what the square footage is to be as yet...maybe you do. Also...whatever size it is, it is much larger than the one now available at Fouts and will make a very welcome addition for the Alumni. BTW, there is no such facility, of any size, at the other three universities I have attended and/or graduated from so, to me, this is a plus for UNT.

• Upvote 1

Seems plenty big enough for its purpose to me. What we alumni really need, and I hope one day to help create, is a new Alumni Center, either on or off campus, that is at least two to three times as big as the one currently occupied that will have the UNT Alumni name proudly displayed for all to see. The current facility is fine, for now, and probably for several years to come, but I am hopeful to see a much larger facility in the not so distant future.

GO MEAN GREEN...Join the Alumni Association and the Mean Green Club! Like in the US census...numbers help!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I had heard around 2,000 square feet somewhere.

http://northtexan.unt.edu/content/unt-alumni-association-2

As some have noted this is not an alumni office. It is simply a pavilion, a game-day building to hold max 150 people inside. It is a place to get out of the heat or rain, watch some other games on TV, etc.

• Upvote 1

A pavilion that only hold 150 people ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

You can pick up your wrinkled $100 bill as you exit...oh wait, you would turn that down for the wrinkles.

• Downvote 1

You can pick up your wrinkled $100 bill as you exit...oh wait, you would turn that down for the wrinkles.

No I just don't expect my university to half@$$ something. We complain that we need more alum support yet we build a building the size of my house.

Edited by cdizzle86

I have to agree to an extent that 150 does seem overly small. The number of fans showing up on game days is increasing and I imagine it'll be an exponential increase with the new stadium. I mean, how are those 150 determined? Is this an exclusive perk for the MGC, is it first come first served, does a line form and people only get X many minutes to sit in there?

If it were 500-1000, it would make more sense. This seems like it's going to cause frustration. Who doesn't want to get out of the 105 degree weather and sit and watch TV with food? :lol:

No I just don't expect my university to half@$$ something. We complain that we need more alum support yet we build a building the size of my house.

Let me just repeat what KRAM said earlier:

BTW, there is no such facility, of any size, at the other three universities I have attended and/or graduated from so, to me, this is a plus for UNT.

If I recall correctly, one of the schools KRAM attended was Okie State. Even T-Boone's dollars have produced nothing of the kind at OSU's stadium. This is not the "Alumni House," it is just a permanent structure intended to accomplish what other schools might try to accomplish by setting up a tent.

• Upvote 1

This is not the "Alumni House," it is just a permanent structure intended to accomplish what other schools might try to accomplish by setting up a tent.

That's basically what it is, an air-conditioned, enclosed, fixed-structure tent... with big screen tv's, an indoor restroom and nice chairs. It will be the best gameday tent you have ever visited from what I've read. :)

Edited by NT80