Louisiana Lafayette (2/25/10)

CMJ

Tristan Thomoson really carried this team tonight. He was just about the only offensive weapon the entire 1st half and the 1st 10 minutes of the second half. Great game. Hope he is Ok after the spill he took.

Does anyone know what the deal was with the ULL players throwing some punches? George and Hank(??) saw it happen towards the end of the post game show. Said it involved ULL players who came back out of the tunnel onto the floor. Made it sound like it was ULL fighting each other. I just hope none of our students were involved.

Edited by UNT90

Sadly, Kedrick Hogans was involved in the fight with the ULL players and got jumped. He is okay though. Kedrick seems to have somewhat of a rep as a talker and possible hothead. I assume and can't firm that what happened was he was talking with some ULA LA acquaintances since he was from Louisiana too. He may have talked a little too much smack and then got jumped by the ticked off losers from Louisiana. Coach Jones and Coach Foy spent some time working to calm him down and that was not easy.

We forget how much of a father that Coach Jones has to be in addition to his coaching duties. That's a big job too you know.

Cops from UNT where there (woo hoo....lol) and did not initiate any arrests or criminal charges. I don't think there were injuries either.

Kedrick needs to chill.

Sadly, Kedrick Hogans was involved in the fight with the ULL players and got jumped. He is okay though. Kedrick seems to have somewhat of a rep as a talker and possible hothead. I assume and can't firm that what happened was he was talking with some ULA LA acquaintances since he was from Louisiana too. He may have talked a little too much smack and then got jumped by the ticked off losers from Louisiana. Coach Jones and Coach Foy spent some time working to calm him down and that was not easy.

We forget how much of a father that Coach Jones has to be in addition to his coaching duties. That's a big job too you know.

Cops from UNT where there (woo hoo....lol) and did not initiate any arrests or criminal charges. I don't think there were injuries either.

Kedrick needs to chill.

When did all this happen? And was it in the North tunnel? I was there and saw people getting on the buses and missed it.

Great win tonight. Made us sweat it out in the first half. Wished I wasn't on duty saturday night. Several of us could use a nice little warm-up road trip to Monroe. We always seem to have an interesting game there. I think the entire campus was built on an indian burial ground or something?

Also, spoke with Dr. Bataille after the game. It's just a feeling I got but I don't think we have heard the last of her situation? It was great to see so many show support for her. She will be missed.

Rick

• Upvote 2

When did all this happen? And was it in the North tunnel? I was there and saw people getting on the buses and missed it.

After you left in the tunnel away from the autographs close to MGC room. It just sucks it happened while there were still a lot of kids around.

Great win tonight. Made us sweat it out in the first half. Wished I wasn't on duty saturday night. Several of us could use a nice little warm-up road trip to Monroe. We always seem to have an interesting game there. I think the entire campus was built on an indian burial ground or something?

Also, spoke with Dr. Bataille after the game. It's just a feeling I got but I don't think we have heard the last of her situation? It was great to see so many show support for her. She will be missed.

Rick

Great win!!! Even though we were not shooting well in the first half, I wasn't too worried because ULL didn't pull away.

Hey Rick, didn't get a chance to talk to you during the game but our kids seemed to hit it off. My family was sitting right behind you.

Great win!!! Even though we were not shooting well in the first half, I wasn't too worried because ULL didn't pull away.

Hey Rick, didn't get a chance to talk to you during the game but our kids seemed to hit it off. My family was sitting right behind you.

Oh ok. :lol: Yeah they did. Your little boy is very cute. He was really decked out in Mean Green for the game. I apologize for not introducing myself. Next time perhaps?

Rick

What is the story on Tyren Johnson? That guy looked like he could suit up for any AQ school. We played really nice defense on him in the first half, but then when UNT started to pull away in the second, it became the Tyren Johnson show. He's the only reason that game was close. If he wasn't so sloppy with his feet (travelled 2-3 times), he would have had more pts too.

Kedrick needs to chill.

Several friends of mine who have played basketball with Kedrick in the school gym have told me that he is a really nice and laid back guy.

Found a link on the LaLa message board about two players being suspended due to last night's "altercation. It leaves them with six players.

http://www.raginpagin.com/hotpage/showthread.php3?t=28371?&styleid=1

First post has this direct link to the article:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...Id=personaDest

GMG!

Found a link on the LaLa message board about two players being suspended due to last night's "altercation. It leaves them with six players.

http://www.raginpagin.com/hotpage/showthread.php3?t=28371?&styleid=1

First post has this direct link to the article:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...Id=personaDest

GMG!

It sounds like the Roberson kid is a trouble maker. When you consider that both of those players hardly play in the game, then what were they so ticked about? It sounds like Kedrick got jumped by both of them. ....cowards!