Antonio Johnson Commits

SUMG

Well Hallelujah!!! I don't know what I would have done had we lost a recruit to Texas State. Now, move him to DE!!

How abt being happy we didn't lose him to La Monroe? Or maybe UTEP who also offered (I hear they've been known to take a recruit from us)? Point is, why disparage kids who want to come here BEFORE they've signed? Would we all like to have a 5* DT? Sure, so would 85% of schools in America.

• Upvote 1

How abt being happy we didn't lose him to La Monroe? Or maybe UTEP who also offered (I hear they've been known to take a recruit from us)? Point is, why disparage kids who want to come here BEFORE they've signed? Would we all like to have a 5* DT? Sure, so would 85% of schools in America.

You're right...sorry, I'll wait for another week and a half. I'm just so negative lately I couldn't help myself. I'm sure KRAM1 will have something to say about my comments too.

<!--quoteo(post=469835:date=Jan 24 2010, 09:55 PM:name=gangrene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gangrene @ Jan 24 2010, 09:55 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well Hallelujah!!! I don't know what I would have done had we lost a recruit to Texas State. Now, move him to DE!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So wait to disparage kids after they have signed ? Like maybe a certain qb ?

• Upvote 2

Yes. Once a player has actually played college ball his play is open for critique, good or bad. Especially when his TD to INT ratio is worse than a guy who faced tougher competition and is glued to the bench.

Just for the record...I wasn't critiquing Johnson. I'm just looking at his size and athletic ability and suggesting that we at least consider him for the position where we need the most immediate help.

Just for the record...I wasn't critiquing Johnson. I'm just looking at his size and athletic ability and suggesting that we at least consider him for the position where we need the most immediate help.

Head Coach ?

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

more info...he is listed by the Star Telegram (FT Worth) in their top state 100 listing at tight end.

<a href="http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2010/01/first-batch-of-sunday-recruiti.html" target="_blank">http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives...y-recruiti.html</a>

• Upvote 1

Yes. Once a player has actually played college ball his play is open for critique, good or bad. Especially when his TD to INT ratio is worse than a guy who faced tougher competition and is glued to the bench.

Everyone loves the back up until they are over exposed.

• Upvote 1

This is a great get. Scouts, Inc. rated 77. That means they believed he could start three years at a BCS school. This and the Orr commitment are excellent!

If you factor in Keenan Flax and possibly Coleman Feely (who may be a better guard prospect) and even possibly John Noble you are starting to see some traditional I-A offensive tackle frames that can be developed. We all know this has been a difficult area for us in the past and hopefully we are building a nucleus that can replace the current starters we have in place.

If you factor in Keenan Flax and possibly Coleman Feely (who may be a better guard prospect) and even possibly John Noble you are starting to see some traditional I-A offensive tackle frames that can be developed. We all know this has been a difficult area for us in the past and hopefully we are building a nucleus that can replace the current starters we have in place.

Agreed. At a true 6-5 or 6-6 and 260-270, Johnson has the frame and talent to grow into an elite offensive lineman. This where it's good that we have Charr and Lefty. Now, if we can nail down Canales!

• Upvote 2