Smu Vs. Nevada In Hawaii Bowl

gangrene

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions,

1)do we have the better southlake qb?

2)What does June Jones do to show improvement in year 3 to earn year 4?

1) Todd Dodge says " yes". I can't answer myself without being deemed " negative " so I'll just let people look at numbers and decide.

2) Jones will have 3 more wins in year 2 than Dodge will have in his whole 3 career . Again not being negative , just stating facts.

I wish I could be happy for SMU , but I'm not it pisses me off.

Edited by NT03

Yes, now you are getting it. You need to just shut up and support the program regardless of your true feelings and convictions about the current state of the program.

I $upport plenty , thank u very much

If people were only allowed to post good & positive things about this program like some want then this board would have died a slow death 5 years ago. It's my duty to keep this board alive

Edited by NT03

If people were only allowed to post good & positive things about this program like some want then this board would have died a slow death 5 years ago. It's my duty to keep this board alive

Amen, Brotha!!!! I'm sick of these "don't hate" idiots who say SUPPORT LOSING...AT NO COST!!! Proof of that tonight was in Hawaii. Riley's backup does his job in the REGULAR SEASON, and in a BOWL GAME for SMUT! What has Riley done? Nothing but get hurt, and when he's not hurt, he throws more INTERCEPTIONS than TOUCHDOWNS!!!! And don't give me this BS that Riley's only a Redshirt Freshman...he's KNOWN THE SYSTEM SINCE HIGH SCHOOL!!! The Dodge's just RAKED NT for more $$$....FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!!

In a way, I was glad to see SMUT come back and be good, but not when NT is SO FREAKING HORRIBLE...thanks to the PA Jeff Putz!! Is it too late to name the New Stadium after Dodge?! I mean, he's the ONLY NT Head Coach to be THIS BAD!!! Merry Christmas all, including the Phleghm Green Kool-Aid Drinkers who support Dodge!

I grow tired of hearing others talk about how we negative neds who believe we are likely wasting time with a coach and a failed program should just blindly follow the program. As I said before, if they want us to buy into the program completely, they need to have a sellable product. I am not supporting until they send the message that resonates with me.

Two questions,

1)do we have the better southlake qb?

2)What does June Jones do to show improvement in year 3 to earn year 4?

Answer to question 1) I don't know

Answer to question 2) Three things: Beat TCU, run the table on their regular season schedule, Beat Boise in the fill in the blank BCS bowl. Failure in any of the three conditions should result in his immediate termination and subsequent hiring at UNT.

That is all...

Heh heh heh...You said duty.

I thought our secondary was bad, but then I saw Nevada's.

I grow tired of hearing others talk about how we negative neds who believe we are likely wasting time with a coach and a failed program should just blindly follow the program. As I said before, if they want us to buy into the program completely, they need to have a sellable product. I am not supporting until they send the message that resonates with me.

And if SMU had an alumni base full of jokers like you, last night would've never happened.

And if SMU had an alumni base full of jokers like you, last night would've never happened.

You actually couldn't be more wrong. It is precisely when SMU fans started to refuse accepting mediocrity that this turnaround happened. Meanwhile let's continue our mantra of "just wait til next year" and see where that gets us.

You actually couldn't be more wrong. It is precisely when SMU fans started to refuse accepting mediocrity that this turnaround happened. Meanwhile let's continue our mantra of "just wait til next year" and see where that gets us.

Or maybe because they were willing to "Pony Up" and spend some $$$ to get a big time coach in there.

Our fans want a big time program....but they want it, only if they can get it....without having to put out much money themselves.

Most (non-students) on here aren't even in the Mean Green Club. And even more than that, haven't donated a nickel to the stadium fund.....a stadium which many of them have been pining for, for the last 10 years.

You want Wal Mart athletics......you got it.

Our fans want a big time program....but they want it, only if they can get it....without having to put out much money themselves.

Most (non-students) on here aren't even in the Mean Green Club. And even more than that, haven't donated a nickel to the stadium fund.....a stadium which many of them have been pining for, for the last 10 years.

You want Wal Mart athletics......you got it.

I agree whole heartedly. You look at MUTS early in the week and you look at SMU last night and it is amusing that we think we should be above the SBC. Until alums and students are willing to put in $$$ (I mean a $20. student fee and $25K for club seats) We are not now where we belong, but we soon will be ---back in the SLC! We must have the worst SLC QB of the last two decades. He is surely in no class with McElroy or Padron. As much as I despise the arrogance that is SMU my hat is off to them. Biggest turnaround this year in NCAA D-1. In two years they will be where TCU is now and we'll be trying to make the FCS i.e. 1AA playoffs

He is surely in no class with McElroy or Padron. As much as I despise the arrogance that is SMU my hat is off to them. Biggest turnaround this year in NCAA D-1. In two years they will be where TCU is now and we'll be trying to make the FCS i.e. 1AA playoffs

agree also with the donor needs but the play of the team is made by coaching decisions. smu was going nowhere until they changed qbs from bo levi mitchell to padron. sometimes success is a simple as a few players, or coaches, changed.

agree also with the donor needs but the play of the team is made by coaching decisions. smu was going nowhere until they changed qbs from bo levi mitchell to padron. sometimes success is a simple as a few players, or coaches, changed.

And before that it was removing J Will from the QB to the WR position,probably one of their best athletes on the team. I think we could be even better if one of our best athletes , Riley , was moved to WR and we get a QB with a strong arm to go along with all our our dangerous WRs. This of course is beating a dead horse , so carry on & have a Merry Christmas.

Or maybe because they were willing to "Pony Up" and spend some $$$ to get a big time coach in there.

We have a winner......

Face it the Dodge/ Doge combo won't be going anywhere and we are forced to face another miserable season, RV expects Dodge to be 7-5 next season like SMU was this year. BASED ON WHAT, because SMU could do it, we can do it up in Denton.

Start making the necessary changes and you might even see more success than SMU, we have an easy schedule each year because we play just one body bag game, the rest of the games are winnable, at least they were during the Dickey tenure.

TCU- BCS Game

SMU- Hawaii Bowl Champs

UNT- Metroplex team? RV must still believe it because Dodge got a one year extension to make it happen