La Time Mentions Dodge In Relation To The Usc/ucla Game

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20091130/SPORTS/711309920

"Neuheisel could use a lesson in defeat management. In 2007, North Texas lost a game at Oklahoma, 79-10, in part because Todd Dodge, the North Texas coach, kept passing the ball."

Nice. With 31 losses in 3 years, I can't think of another D1 coach who would be better suited to give a lesson in defeat management.

now, now....is the bottle 14% full or 86% empty.....maybe it is just how you look at it.

Maybe it is how I look at it, or maybe I just have too high of expectations, because according to poll done on this board in the last week, over 50% of the people are happy enough with the 5 wins and 31 losses to bring our coach back for a fourth year, regardless of what history has shown us.

NOT happy with the record! Just think the man is making progress toward where we all want to be and I wouldn't pull the rug out from under him at this point. Next year is the "no excuses" , hardball year IMO.

I enjoyed the YouTube! We should have played that three years back when people were expecting a five-year rebuilding job to be finished in three years. I think we all over-indulged in the Kool-Aid and thought this could be fixed in three years. I'm not defending the man as much as I am the concept...things take longer than they do! We could get into that perpetually-rebuilding "DO-Loop".

Just my opinion.

I enjoyed the YouTube! We should have played that three years back when people were expecting a five-year rebuilding job to be finished in three years. I think we all over-indulged in the Kool-Aid and thought this could be fixed in three years. I'm not defending the man as much as I am the concept...things take longer than they do! We could get into that perpetually-rebuilding "DO-Loop".

Just my opinion.

who said it was a five year rebuilding job?

furthermore, with rebuilding you should see improvement with each year. And improvement where it counts! Not a 2 win, then 1 win, then 2 win seasons.

Edited by Travis

I couldn't tell you. Those of us in the "I just don't give a sh*t anymore camp" don't really associate with outsiders.

That camp sounds lame brah. Why don't you come on over to the "Still give a shoot but so tired of the Todge +/- discussion that you hide your despair behind failed attempts at humor camp." We're growing in number.

That camp sounds lame brah. Why don't you come on over to the "Still give a shoot but so tired of the Todge +/- discussion that you hide your despair behind failed attempts at humor camp." We're growing in number.

I can see a lot of variants on this; maybe if Dodge stayed, there could be a faction refusing to acknowledge it. Or conversely, if he left, there could be the Todd Dodge equivalent of an Elvis Impersonator camp.

It is lame, but we've got plenty of morphine and "medical" marijuana to ease the pain.