Lance Dunbar

H-towngreen

He should have had more carries last night....

Remember Western was keying on Dunbar. Early they swarmed him and the still swarmed him on obvious rushing downs. Faking to Dunbar then running Dodge the opposite way was effective as a play Faking to Dunbar also pulled up the LBs and opening the medium passing game. Once we were doing that, Dunbar's runs were more effective overall since they could not key on him.

Besides, criticizing the play-calling that resulted in the most points points in fifty-two years is just picking the fly droppings out of the pepper. The goal of the game is to score points and NT did its best job of that in over half a century!

He should have had more carries last night....

I understand you have got to ride Dunbar, but I could go for some Cam carries every once in a while.

Did anyone else notice that Dunbar was still running down the field on kickoff coverage late in the 4th? Is that necessary?

I understand you have got to ride Dunbar, but I could go for some Cam carries every once in a while.

Did anyone else notice that Dunbar was still running down the field on kickoff coverage late in the 4th? Is that necessary?

Agree. Dunbar looked gassed at times because of the workload. Cam is still a dangerous weapon, it would be nice to see Cam get 5 - 10 touches a game. Give Dunabr some breathers and let's keep him fresh and healthy for another 2 + years.

Up 19 points with under 4 minutes to play, and "supposedly" somewhat injured QB, was it necessary for Riley to STILL be in?

In a word, yes.

The kickoff coverage team was bad. It needs the best athletes on this team on that unit.

That is stuff that Cobbs did his entire tenure here. So leading the nation in rushing won't get Dunbar out of that duty. I would hazard a guess that a Heisman or Doak Walker award would probably get him a lighter workload.