Can Anyone Explain This From The Drc?

FirefightnRick

This copy of the top of the DRC's daily Classified section was sent to me this week. I'm not sure how long this photo has run(months possibly), but it not only has members of the Mean Green family perplexed, university officials don't seem to have an explanation for it either? It is of Coach Dodge leading the team out of the tunnel in front of an empty Fouts Field, and in front of the empty space where the band sits(obviously on the field at the time of this photo), and I'm told it appears at the top of the Classified section in the DRC every regular day, although I still haven't recieved a confirmation about it on the Sunday issue.

From all the 1,000's of available photo's of wonderfuly attended events that have occured at North Texas over the years I can't help but scratch my head and question why in the world does the local city paper near the state's third largest university, and the city of Denton's largest employer, run daily a photo that paints the university in such a negative light?

img_5874_500x375.jpg

img_5881_500x375.jpg

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I'm sure that photo is the property of the DRC, since their photographer probably snapped that picture. They, the DRC, has many pictures to choose from to use, but chose this one. Says alot about how the DRC feels about NT's program. It's okay, that paper is not even close to being what it used to be and I'm sure circulation has taken a hit the last few years. I would be surprised if it is still in circulation in the next 5 years.

Edited by UNTLifer

I would have to ask why does it take a fan to notice this and not the UNT sports information director? Is the whole Athletic Dept. blind? Surely they can send more appropriate pictures with the stands full.

As I stated above, the photo is the property of the DRC. UNT, the Athletic Department and the SID have nothing to do with this and no power to change it.

I would have to ask why does it take a fan to notice this and not the UNT sports information director? Is the whole Athletic Dept. blind?

I have read all week in the Dallas Morning News that it says in the listing of schools of interest in the area that our game against Western Kentucky is at 2PM while the actual time is 3PM....Do you think anyone from the Athletic Department might pay attention to this and contact the DMN to get them to correct that so fans are properly informed?

It won't help if you complain about it, it won't help if you subscribe to the DRC, it won't help if the SID sees it which probably won't happen either, thus it won't get changed because the ones causing the lack of details don't know and don't care. Next?

That's the spirit...stick your head in the sand a little further. A defeatist attitude seldom gets the job done. One can either do the French thing and just surrender or they can continue to work to make a positive difference. As a subscriber to the DRC I will definitely give them a call. May or may not help...but I know one thing for sure. If I don't call it's 100% for sure no one will know the photo selection is a concern to me as a DRC subscriber.

If the "good people" who support UNT do nothing, the "naysayers" will have their way.

To NT80...not "kicking sand in your face" here as I am sure you have tried many times to bring this sort of stuff to the "powers that be" attention with no result. I would simply ask that you keep trying. If you give up to frustration, the "bad guys" win. It's a long race, I hope you'll stay in it.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I'm sure that photo is the property of the DRC, since their photographer probably snapped that picture. They, the DRC, has many pictures to choose from to use, but chose this one. Says alot about how the DRC feels about NT's program. It's okay, that paper is not even close to being what it used to be and I'm sure circulation has taken a hit the last few years. I would be surprised if it is still in circulation in the next 5 years.

is ANYONE honestly surprised anymore? This is the same paper where the son of the owner dhows up to Fouts in head to toe UT gear...though he looks like he'd have a hard time graduating from the Denton state school.

is ANYONE honestly surprised anymore? This is the same paper where the son of the owner dhows up to Fouts in head to toe UT gear...though he looks like he'd have a hard time graduating from the Denton state school.

Are you talking about Bill Patterson here? I'll have a thing or two to say about this if you are...Bill a graduate of Oklahoma State University. How dare he wear UT colors????? How dare he......but, of course I recall seeing UT colors on a certain posters Avatar too. Oh, well.....

The guy you are talking about is Riley Patterson, who is Bill Patterson's brother. Rumor has it that he was named for Riley Dodge, not sure, though. He wears that UT crap everywhere...his parents are UT grads.