New Offer

Alonzo Edwards

Currently holding offers from UNT and South Alabama. Edwards is from Houston and started his basketball career with a redshirt and freshman playing year at Nebraska before transferring to Lon Morris. He was a three star recruit out of high school according to Scout. He averaged 1.7ppg, 0.9rpg in 4.4 minutes with Nebraska as a freshman.

Looking a bit deeper at his stats, he may also have legit three point range...he was 3 of 5 in 16 games with Nebraska. That clearly is a very small sample size and could be fluke-y...anybody see this kid play or know more about him coming out of high school?

Edited by Censored by Laurie

Alonzo Edwards

Currently holding offers from UNT and South Alabama. Edwards is from Houston and started his basketball career with a redshirt and freshman playing year at Nebraska before transferring to Lon Morris. He was a three star recruit out of high school according to Scout. He averaged 1.7ppg, 0.9rpg in 4.4 minutes with Nebraska as a freshman.

Looking a bit deeper at his stats, he may also have legit three point range...he was 3 of 5 in 16 games with Nebraska. That clearly is a very small sample size and could be fluke-y...anybody see this kid play or know more about him coming out of high school?

Could be a great pick up and a nice replacement for Tramiel. Don't know if I can make it or not, but I'm going to be in Athens this Saturday morning, and maybe I can swing over to Jacksonville and take a look at Lon Morris vs. The Dallas Diesel Saturday afternoon. I'll be listening to the Troy game, but I AM ready for some B-ball.

http://www.eastexasports.com/index.php?topic=63.0

Alonzo Edwards

Detailed article link http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...;ATCLID=1280933 Sounds like he would another JJ transfer power forward. Denton is a lot closer to home than Alabama.

Alonzo Edwards

Detailed article link http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...;ATCLID=1280933 Sounds like he would another JJ transfer power forward. Denton is a lot closer to home than Alabama.

Sounds like a great get, if we get him. But, at 6'8" 245, and in this league, I hope he never ventures more than 12 feet from the rim on offense, much less outside the 3 point line

Perimeter scoring coupled with interior size and strength is what makes Desmond Yates arguably the most dangerous player in the conference. If we had a guy with something close to Yates' skill set... I would be very happy.

Perimeter scoring coupled with interior size and strength is what makes Desmond Yates arguably the most dangerous player in the conference. If we had a guy with something close to Yates' skill set... I would be very happy.

Fixed.

Much love to the WKU 2-3-4 starters, but Boogie is a stud I'd give a nut to have. If Edwards actually has range this would be a huge signing

Fixed.

Much love to the WKU 2-3-4 starters, but Boogie is a stud I'd give a nut to have. If Edwards actually has range this would be a huge signing

Hypothetical, best-case dream scenario:

Brandon Peters

K.C. Ross-Miller

Alonzo Edwards

2 scholarships to give. Who's your odd man out?

Even though he's a JC guy, I'd say Edwards should be one of the two. I think sliding Edwards in to replace Tramiel could give us one more year of potential like what we're looking at for this season. With Tramiel gone and no interior replacement (assuming that Holmen, Knox, and company won't be able to completely replace his presence), next year looks less promising than this one.

But if Edwards can do what it seems he can, that could give us the same potential, plus another outside shooting weapon that's very tough to defend on the perimeter. Is getting that for two years worth losing out on one of those four year guards?

Hypothetical, best-case dream scenario:

Brandon Peters

K.C. Ross-Miller

Alonzo Edwards

2 scholarships to give. Who's your odd man out?

Even though he's a JC guy, I'd say Edwards should be one of the two. I think sliding Edwards in to replace Tramiel could give us one more year of potential like what we're looking at for this season. With Tramiel gone and no interior replacement (assuming that Holmen, Knox, and company won't be able to completely replace his presence), next year looks less promising than this one.

But if Edwards can do what it seems he can, that could give us the same potential, plus another outside shooting weapon that's very tough to defend on the perimeter. Is getting that for two years worth losing out on one of those four year guards?

Can I encourage someone to transfer out?

No?

Then it depends on a couple of things.

1. How good is Jacob Holman, how healthy is Kedrick Hogans at the start of next season and how confident are we with rolling out Spencer and or Knox for 15 minutes a night? If the answer to those 3 are all positive then I don't think we can pass on those 2 guards. Ross-Miller and Peters are both at a higher level than what we have been recently recruiting and having those 2 for 3-5 years is so much more important if you feel you can get by for a season with a frontcourt rotation of Odufuwa/Holman/Hogans seeing the bulk of the minutes and Spencer/Knox compitently playing 10-15 a night.

2. How good is Alzee Williams and is he a point? If Alzee shows the ability to handle the 1 for the next 3-4 seasons then I think Peters would be the ideal fit next to him for the next 3-4 years. If Alzee is more of a scoring/slasher type like he seemed to be while prepping then I'd invest in Ross-Miller.

I really love that we're even having this conversation and I'd be more than happy landing any one of the 3...let alone 2...and I think when you add Holman and hopefully Knox to the mix, adding any of these 3 will help form a very solid core moving forward once all of our upper-classmen move on.

Can I encourage someone to transfer out?

No?

Then it depends on a couple of things.

1. How good is Jacob Holman, how healthy is Kedrick Hogans at the start of next season and how confident are we with rolling out Spencer and or Knox for 15 minutes a night? If the answer to those 3 are all positive then I don't think we can pass on those 2 guards. Ross-Miller and Peters are both at a higher level than what we have been recently recruiting and having those 2 for 3-5 years is so much more important if you feel you can get by for a season with a frontcourt rotation of Odufuwa/Holman/Hogans seeing the bulk of the minutes and Spencer/Knox compitently playing 10-15 a night.

2. How good is Alzee Williams and is he a point? If Alzee shows the ability to handle the 1 for the next 3-4 seasons then I think Peters would be the ideal fit next to him for the next 3-4 years. If Alzee is more of a scoring/slasher type like he seemed to be while prepping then I'd invest in Ross-Miller.

I really love that we're even having this conversation and I'd be more than happy landing any one of the 3...let alone 2...and I think when you add Holman and hopefully Knox to the mix, adding any of these 3 will help form a very solid core moving forward once all of our upper-classmen move on.

Sorry, man... It's my hypothetical dream world, and it's 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 11th. All three are asking you to fax them a LOI to sign. The first exhibition game of the season isn't for 12 hours, so all you have to go on in projecting our current roster's development is previous seasons and the past month of practice.

Gotta pick two.

Sorry, man... It's my hypothetical dream world, and it's 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 11th. All three are asking you to fax them a LOI to sign. The first exhibition game of the season isn't for 12 hours, so all you have to go on in projecting our current roster's development is previous seasons and the past month of practice.

Gotta pick two.

Gimmie the four year guards.