Dang, Troy Is Looking Good Tonight

MeanGreen01

They are tearing the MUTS a new posterior orifice. The MUTS look pitiful! Troy will definitely be a challenge and Emmitt was spot on with his prediction for this game.

Troy is now beating MUTS by 24. The Mean Green have gotten better, no doubt, but we have a LONG way to go.

The Sunbelt Conference is getting better and even starting to steal wins from other conferences.

troy is owning the line of scrimmage... muts made us look terrible in the first half... uh oh...

hopefully u la la will go better...

I see the same MTSU team I saw vs Maryland & us. QB can't hit the broad side of a barn. Difference is Troy is better than both.

I wouldn't be surprised if Troy beats us by 35+

I hope your not right, but I think you are.

Very discouraging.

Dasher has to be the worst passing QB in the Belt.

Edited by UNT90

Why, oh why, is Troy blessed with the best team in this conference when they can't even half way fill their stadium for a nationlly televised game? The football gods have their priorities all mixed up!!! Just think what our attendance would be if we had that kind of success!!

Troy is now beating MUTS by 24. The Mean Green have gotten better, no doubt, but we have a LONG way to go.

The Sunbelt Conference is getting better and even starting to steal wins from other conferences.

Troy might land in another conference soon. So back to the basics

Why, oh why, is Troy blessed with the best team in this conference when they can't even half way fill their stadium for a nationlly televised game?

And they will continue to dominate this conference until the Belt decides to make them end their oversigning practices as well as raise their academic requirements. It was funny, while watching the end of their game tonight I had just explained this to one of our guys here at the station when their back up RB Maurice Greer had that big gain in the 4th and the announcer stated "....he's a great story....cancer survivor.....was named Mr. Colorado out of high school and was going to play for Colorado but was an academic casualty....".

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Troy is better than Clemson, hands down.

Bigger and faster. They are now gelling, so look out.

Levi Brown was their #3 QB last year to start the season.

Dasher is a great athlete, but just from the shoulders down. That said, their defensive front dominated our O-Line and Dasher had split seconds to make a decision.

Impressed by Levi in how long he would stay in the pocket, releasing the ball as he was being hit. Dasher would have gone down sliding or threw the ball away wildly.

FireFightinRick........... told you so (unfortunately)

Troy is better than Clemson, hands down.

Bigger and faster. They are now gelling, so look out.

Levi Brown was their #3 QB last year to start the season.

Dasher is a great athlete, but just from the shoulders down. That said, their defensive front dominated our O-Line and Dasher had split seconds to make a decision.

Impressed by Levi in how long he would stay in the pocket, releasing the ball as he was being hit. Dasher would have gone down sliding or threw the ball away wildly.

FireFightinRick........... told you so (unfortunately)

Is Levi Brown Eli Manning?

And they will continue to dominate this conference until the Belt decides to make them end their oversigning practices as well as raise their academic requirements. It was funny, while watching the end of their game tonight I had just explained this to one of our guys here at the station when their back up RB Maurice Greer had that big gain in the 4th and the announcer stated "....he's a great story....cancer survivor.....was named Mr. Colorado out of high school and was going to play for Colorado but was an academic casualty....".

Rick

Well, their oversigning tactics could well get handled by the NCAA. That topic seems to be coming up more and more over the last couple of years.

As far as academics?....I doubt the Belt has enough clout to force any school to change their policies.

Rick

If their academics are so bad and their recruits so shady, why are we the ones suffering from loss of schollies due to the APR!

Over signing is not against NCAA rules , as long as they do not exceed the 85 scholarship rule when the actual football season begins. Alot of schools adhere to this practice, including UT, Texas Tech and A&M.

No, the start of the season has nothing to do with it.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5270059_ncaa-footb...guidelines.html

Over-Signing

NCAA recruiting regulations limit college football teams to signing 25 players to football scholarships each year, with certain exceptions. A team can not sign more than 25 players to scholarships in a given year if it has used the full 25 in the previous year. If the team used fewer than 25 scholarships the previous year, the additional players above 25 for the new season must enroll in December of the year before the football season in which they intend to play. Regardless of how many players a college signs, they must remain below the maximum permitted number of scholarships. Over-signing is done to prepare for the possibility that some players who were offered scholarships fail to qualify academically, or to make up for previous years where the school could not sign their full allotment.

Sept 9, 2009: NCAA addresses Over-signing with proposal on Division I agenda

In Proposal No. 2009-48, the Southeastern Conference wants to limit to 28 the number of Football Bowl Subdivision student-athletes who may sign a National Letter of Intent or an institutional offer of financial aid from the first signing day through May 31. The proposal intends to curb instances of “over-signing” that have the potential to leave some prospects without a scholarship.

Current rules allow FBS institutions to provide scholarships to 25 new student-athletes per year. However, some schools traditionally have signed more than that to protect themselves in the event some prospects do not qualify academically. The SEC set a cap of 28 for its own institutions earlier this year, and at that time conference leaders said they viewed the NLI as a commitment by the institution to a prospect who is capable of contributing academically and athletically. The Big Ten has a similar policy.

Certain conferences do control this, the Sunbelt not being one of them, and Troy has been taking advantage of it and manipulating the system using the loopholes that are allowed and my guess is it's because of their questionable academic standards as to why they have been so bold in their actions.

I never recall seeing tU, Tech or A&M signing 15 more ships than the allowed 25, and why would they need to? For the most part they have the pick of the litter of kids who have the grades to go along with the top skills who end up contributing and utilizing the ship they signed for each year.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Y...pe=0&Sort=0

Look over the 2009 recruiting list in the link above and see which school stands out to you? There's a handfull like Hawaii, Central Michigan and Arkansas who signed 30 or 31. But Troy stands out with their 41. I noticed Army signed 55 but I assume that may be because of their military requirements?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

No, the start of the season has nothing to do with it.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5270059_ncaa-footb...guidelines.html

Sept 9, 2009: NCAA addresses Over-signing with proposal on Division I agenda

Certain conferences do control this, the Sunbelt not being one of them, and Troy has been taking advantage of it and manipulating the system using the loopholes that are allowed and my guess is it's because of their questionable academic standards as to why they have been so bold in their actions.

I never recall seeing tU, Tech or A&M signing 15 more ships than the allowed 25, and why would they need to? For the most part they have the pick of the litter of kids who have the grades to go along with the top skills who end up contributing and utilizing the ship they signed for each year.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Y...pe=0&Sort=0

Look over the 2009 recruiting list in the link above and see which school stands out to you? There's a handfull like Hawaii, Central Michigan and Arkansas who signed 30 or 31. But Troy stands out with their 41. I noticed Army signed 55 but I assume that may be because of their military requirements?

Rick

Actually Tech has been doing that for years.

No one cares unless it works. If Troy was going 3-9 every season, it wouldn't be an issue.

They have a coaching staff and compliance team that does a good job of reading whether or not a player will make it. There are no rules against having more than 25 kids sign an NLI. The only limits are on scholarships.

As I stated earlier in the year on the "secret" recruiting board, Troy is smart because having a kid who may not qualify early sign an NLI prevents someone from scooping them up later in the spring or summer if they do qualify later. Also, as long as Blankney has been coaching in that region, he's got the trust of high school and JUCO coaches so that he can work it.

I also stand by my "secret" board postings earlier in the year that said we should be doing the same thing. You take an edge where you can find it. This is legal, and it can give teams on the bubble and edge. We should be doing it.

There are no rules against having more than 25 kids sign an NLI. The only limits are on scholarships.

......We should be doing it.

A stated limit (25) on NLI's(Institutional offer of financial aid or scholarship) is a rule, and it's getting more and more attention every year around the country because of kids who sign and qualify are getting left out in the cold, thus the above proposal by by the NCAA D-I Legislative council..

The Division I Legislative Council will consider proposals that could change recruiting practices in several sports, including some that would curb early recruiting and one that would limit “over-signing” prospects to National Letters of Intent.

We couldn't do it if we wanted to. The standards are far different between Troy and North Texas. If we signed 40 kids who qualified at North Texas and didn't have that many openings because we used all of our allotment from the year before we would certainly have a mess on our hands.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick