Where Did You Guys And Gals Watch The Game?

risinggreen

We were driving into town from the north, and thought we could stop and watch the game on Fry St. somewhere. No luck. Cool Beans, Lucky Lou's etc. did not have it. Hate to be negative on a very nice night, but it's pretty pathetic when you cannot easily catch your team on ESPNU when you are basically on campus. I'm sure it was available somewhere around there, but we could not find it. Ended up catching the final quarter or so at the Lewsiville Fox and Hound.

Guest JohnDenver

We were driving into town from the north, and thought we could stop and watch the game on Fry St. somewhere. No luck. Cool Beans, Lucky Lou's etc. did not have it. Hate to be negative on a very nice night, but it's pretty pathetic when you cannot easily catch your team on ESPNU when you are basically on campus. I'm sure it was available somewhere around there, but we could not find it. Ended up catching the final quarter or so at the Lewsiville Fox and Hound.

I guess most people went to Clark Park or The Pour House.

If I were still local, Riprocks would have been my watering hole.

Originally, had set up a mini watching party for a dozen of us at Boston's in Irving. But people started bailing out this afternoon, so Quoner, MeanMag, gruu, jimmerjammer, Mrs. Quoner, brother's girlfriend and I packed in the Boston's idea and just wound up watching at F&H in Lewisville. Had a current student watch about half the game with us before having to leave, too.

Nice, boisterous crowd there.

It is pretty pathetic too when your own city will get so aroused by a flaccid giant like Walgreens and tear down half of the buildings in anticipation of a dirty deed that will never be done. I'm not saying this is an excuse for your plight, but back stabbing goes both ways. In fact, Jamario's 1st carry against Colorado was a draft in the shorts for me served by the fine folks at Rip's.

So, with the countless threads on the board about where the watch parties were being held around the area, how could you not know where you could go in Denton to watch the game with other members of the Mean Green Nation? OK< sorry, but, you know...just asking.....Campus was set up also at Clark!

Glad you made it to F&H...that's where I watched the party...nice place...cold beer...decent food...and a good and loud group of Mean Green fans...

Tavern had the game on about half of their tv's and the crowd was small at the start of the game but towards the end the crowd got much better and were loud at the end of the game.....also they had their windows painted with mean green...nice to see but they deff needed more then one bartender for the first half of the game

It was wall to wall Mean Green at the Pourhouse. Lots of people in both rooms, but really rowdy in the auditorium. They did a good job. I hope for the same when the team travels to Alabama.

GO MEAN GREEN

Yes, Pourhouse was definitely the place to be! It was my first time there and I thought it was a lot of fun. Pretty nice media room they've got set up there.

Pourhouse was great as usual. I brought my daughter (she's 6) up to the game but got out a little late and had to wait 45 minutes for a table. We just ended up camping out across from the bar and that worked out well. It was quite a different experience to have ALL of the TVs on to the NT game and not some other random college or baseball game. I started realizing at some point into the second quarter... This place is packed and they are ALL watching the NT game. INCREDIBLE!

I brought a case of High Life over to a buddy's place. I went over expecting it to be just the two of us, maybe his roommate...by the 3rd quarter it turned into a full-fledged UNT watching party.

We added 5 people to the Mean Green Nation last night.

I was at the Fox and Hound,Lewsiville, with the Alumni group.

From start to finish!

Same here. Quoner had a close encounter with KRAM and didn't know it until this morning, and I must have walked past you a half dozen times without either of us realizing it.

It was a fun night there, for sure.

Tasty,

If I would have known you were at the F&H, I would have bought you some cold beers!

Were you the guy walking around with that good looking trophy that was making all the guys ohh and ahh?

I was on the back wall seating, facing the double big screen TV's. White NT polo and cap.

Tasty,

If I would have known you were at the F&H, I would have bought you some cold beers!

Were you the guy walking around with that good looking trophy that was making all the guys ohh and ahh?

I was on the back wall seating, facing the double big screen TV's. White NT polo and cap.

I was sitting with my back to the mirrored wall, to the right of the screens and as far towards the back of the main room as the tables went on that wall. Quoner was on my left, across from his wife. My brother was on my right, accidentally dressed in a red shirt and sitting next to his girlfriend. I had on a kelly green NT t-shirt with the big lettering print and khaki shorts.

I also saw two guys who made the trip to Hot Springs together, but I didn't remember their names. Also, didn't see them until halfway through the game.

I was sitting with my back to the mirrored wall, to the right of the screens and as far towards the back of the main room as the tables went on that wall. Quoner was on my left, across from his wife. My brother was on my right, accidentally dressed in a red shirt and sitting next to his girlfriend. I had on a kelly green NT t-shirt with the big lettering print and khaki shorts.

I also saw two guys who made the trip to Hot Springs together, but I didn't remember their names. Also, didn't see them until halfway through the game.

That's where I recognized those guys from.

I also saw two people next to us likely on a date, but we weren't sure if both of them knew it.

Also, I wore the first t-shirt I bought as a student - an old ass green North Texas athletics shirt with the parrot eagle. It brings good luck.