Obama To Speak To School Kids

You can't be serious. Without talk radio we wouldn't know about half the crap this administration has tried to pull over the past 7 months.

Rick

Of course I'm serious. If you don't want to answer the question, or if you want to retrieve your laminated Rush Limbaugh list of talking points, that's fine... but I'm still curious to hear the answer.

I've heard a lot of baseless Nazi rhetoric. I've heard a lot of fear generated on both sides of the aisle, as related to healthcare. But I still haven't heard a good reason why it is that we are all doomed besides that somebody heard from someone who heard that as well.

I don't have a party that I identify with. I favor common sense, which seems to be lacking in both. Not sure if that helps with how you approach crafting your response.

You can't be serious. Without talk radio we wouldn't know about half the crap this administration has tried to pull over the past 7 months.

Rick

---The real problem is these guys make up a lot of that stuff and divide America.... either that or report things as half truths with a lot of important details missing. They are very harmful to America. They are well paid to create that BS.

--- It is difficult to believe that so many think those guys are even close to being honest.

• Upvote 1

What empirical evidence is there to support this statement, as related specifically to Obama being in office? I keep hearing it over and over and I'm trying to figure out if there is an actual, verifiable reason for the alarm, or if this is based solely on the musings of the talk radio douches (which are douches on both sides of the debate) that have riled everyone up.

If you have to ask that question then you are a victim of "Ideological Subversion". You are not familiar with history and therefore you have no clue where your freedom comes from!

What empirical evidence is there to support this statement, as related specifically to Obama being in office? I keep hearing it over and over and I'm trying to figure out if there is an actual, verifiable reason for the alarm, or if this is based solely on the musings of the talk radio douches (which are douches on both sides of the debate) that have riled everyone up.

Many people in this country, justly or unjustly (history would suggest justly, by the way), have a very strong distrust of government, be it city, state, or federal. When these people see a new president suddenly taking partial federal ownership of the auto and banking industry, and pushing for full federal ownership of the Health Care Industry, which is approximately 20% of the total economy, all within the 1st year of his administration, these people are going to react very negatively, as many congressmen found out at town hall meetings.

This is why there was such a stink about the school speech. It wasn't the speech that people were upset about, it was the perception that here is one more thing this president is trying to control, right or wrong. Without the banking, auto, and attempted health care takeover, I doubt this speech would have even been an issue.

Edited by UNT90

If you have to ask that question then you are a victim of "Ideological Subversion". You are not familiar with history and therefore you have no clue where your freedom comes from!

I think he just wants examples, that is all. Responses like this make it really hard to take you all seiously when these topics come up. Not all of us equate Rush Limbaugh and the like with Jesus, so we aren't all hip to the way Obama is trying to turn out children into Nazi's (wait, didn't Nazi's believe in a superior race...I'm so confused now).

Many people in this country, justly or unjustly (history would suggest justly, by the way), have a very strong distrust of government, be it city, state, or federal. When these people see a new president suddenly taking partial federal ownership of the auto and banking industry, and pushing for full federal ownership of the Health Care Industry, which is approximately 20% of the total economy, all within the 1st year of his administration, these people are going to react very negatively, as many congressmen found out at town hall meetings.

This is why there was such a stink about the school speech. It wasn't the speech that people were upset about, it was the perception that here is one more thing this president is trying to control, right or wrong. Without the banking, auto, and attempted health care takeover, I doubt this speech would have even been an issue.

This is more in line with the kind of response I was looking for. And I'll think on it some. I understand the mistrust of government- I don't believe anything any of them say. I'm not aware of this administration wanting to take over healthcare entirely. In the speech last night Obama commented specifically that a plan somewhere between the two extremes was probably best- which we can take for whatever that is worth.

And yeah, along with Meangreenacct, still confused about the Nazi ideology from a president who is of a mixed race.

Once again...you cannot argue with you logic.

Literally.

Its impossible.

I hope your recent up-tick in posts continue, Bob...eulesseagle has been remarkable sane these past few weeks so I'm jonesing for a bit more crazy in my life.

I stand by my response. I do not apologize.

Oh, I know...but it isn't your fault. You're a product of "Ideological Subversion Subversion." It's the affliction where you've convinced yourself that the argument is sound and rooted in reality.

I don't believe there is a cure.

Oh, I know...but it isn't your fault. You're a product of "Ideological Subversion Subversion." It's the affliction where you've convinced yourself that the argument is sound and rooted in reality.

I don't believe there is a cure.

Ah man, that was funny. Bob, did you know that 47% of all health care receipts already go through the government's systems? Hope to meet you at the game - we can all concentrate on Mean Green and stop worrying about those damn cripled people. Did you see the town hall where the lady in the wheelchair was being yelled at by the anti-health care reform guy? He is my hero.

Ah man, that was funny. Bob, did you know that 47% of all health care receipts already go through the government's systems? Hope to meet you at the game - we can all concentrate on Mean Green and stop worrying about those damn cripled people. Did you see the town hall where the lady in the wheelchair was being yelled at by the anti-health care reform guy? He is my hero.

Yes Stebo, and isn't it a wonderfully run system? No fraud, no incompetence, no inefficiency and no problems. Like Stephen Broden, paster of Fair Park Bible Fellowship, said last week.....the heath care proposal by this administration is "evil and sinister."

Yes Stebo, and isn't it a wonderfully run system? No fraud, no incompetence, no inefficiency and no problems. Like Stephen Broden, paster of Fair Park Bible Fellowship, said last week.....the heath care proposal by this administration is "evil and sinister."

Well, at least you have a reliable source.