Obama To Speak To School Kids

Yes Stebo, and isn't it a wonderfully run system? No fraud, no incompetence, no inefficiency and no problems. Like Stephen Broden, paster of Fair Park Bible Fellowship, said last week.....the heath care proposal by this administration is "evil and sinister."

Great source...and clearly the empirical evidence that we have been looking for. I now understand, your hatred for Obama is because his plan is evil and sinster based on someones secondhand description of the plan? Which part of the plan is evil and sinister to you? I think it's definitely clear to all followers of Jesus that he would definitely be against increasing access to healthcare.

I really, really should have gone back to seminary instead of business school. I failed to realize how much people would believe my every word without ever questioning my reason.

How, exactly, can something be both evil and sinister? Is the status quo both good and commendable? Are insurance companies both altruistic and benevolent? The answers to these and other questions may never be known!

Edited by oldguystudent

Great source...and clearly the empirical evidence that we have been looking for. I now understand, your hatred for Obama is because his plan is evil and sinster based on someones secondhand description of the plan? Which part of the plan is evil and sinister to you? I think it's definitely clear to all followers of Jesus that he would definitely be against increasing access to healthcare.

First, I never said I hated obama. You said that. Furthermore, I never said I was against healthcare reform but this plan has nothing to do with heathcare and everything to do with destroying the freedom of all Americans. Lying is one of the seven deadly sins.

Yes. Yes it is.

311275.jpg

That sir, is a beautiful piece of machinary.

I really, really should have gone back to seminary instead of business school. I failed to realize how much people would believe my every word without ever questioning my reason.

Gagree. Wanna open a church? I hear its a great way to get around all this evil and sinister taxes.

First, I never said I hated obama. You said that. Furthermore, I never said I was against healthcare reform but this plan has nothing to do with heathcare and everything to do with destroying the freedom of all Americans. Lying is one of the seven deadly sins.

You haven't said this in this thread, but if you haven't said those exact words, you have at the very least strongly insinuated that you do. Also - I find it very hard to believe that you can believe someones intentions are " evil and sinister" and not hate them.

As to the second part of your statement, if you truly believe that the Presidents intentions are to destroy the freedom of all Americans, then I feel really sorry for you. It must be really difficult to sleep at night feeling that way. I am not necessarily in support of the healthcare reform bill in its current state, but it would be a giant leap for me to say it's intentions aren't to try and improve the healthcare system. The methods to improve the system may be completely ineffective, but I think it's a stretch to say that Obama's intention is not to improve healthcare.

Edited by meangreenacct

I've heard a lot of fear generated on both sides of the aisle,

And no one does it better than the man in charge.

Transcript of Obama's speech last night.

........Instead of honest debate, we have seen scare tactics.....Everyone in this room knows what will happen if we do nothing. Our deficit will grow. More families will go bankrupt. More businesses will close. More Americans will lose their coverage when they are sick and need it most. And more will die as a result.

By the way, how did y'all like his explanation on how he's going to pay for what he claims will to be around $900 Billion in health reform without adding a dime to our deficit by "finding savings within the existing health care system"?

Can you imagine the federal government REDUCING enough waste to cover nearly a trillion bucks? Well, I suppose in Utopia anything is possible?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Anyone who would not let their child have a role model like the president of the United States speak to their children of the importance of getting an education is just flat out stupid. If you fall into this category then you fall into the range of racist or flat our un-American!

Enough said on the subject.

Anyone who would not let their child have a role model like the president of the United States speak to their children of the importance of getting an education is just flat out stupid. If you fall into this category then you fall into the range of racist or flat our un-American!

Easy there. Just because some parents don't want their kids to hear the Presidents speech doesn't make them racists, or even stupid. If a parent doesn't want their child to hear any politician speak, that's their right as a parent, and would actually make them pretty smart. No need for a child, especially a young child, to be bored to death by someone they don't even know telling them what they should do.

Would you feel the same way if this was President Rush Limbaugh or President Ann Coulter we were talking about?

Edited by UNT90

So what do you call the citizens who chose to bring Bush Sr. up in front of a committee back in 1991? Are they racist as well?

What about all the hypocrites that that booed and heckled Bush Jr. in 2005? Are they unAmerican and racist?

You can not have it both ways.

So what do you call the citizens who chose to bring Bush Sr. up in front of a committee back in 1991? Are they racist as well?

What about all the hypocrites that that booed and heckled Bush Jr. in 2005? Are they unAmerican and racist?

You can not have it both ways.

First off let me say that I don't think it was a racist thing or whatever.

Booing & hissing during a speech to Congress has been done before by both parties. It's pretty tasteless, but has a tradition going back a generation(or more?). Yelling at the President - calling him a liar to his face during an address is a bit worse IMHO. I mean this isn't the British Parliament!

Tho watching Parliament's session where they get to question the PM is VERY entertaining if you've never watched it before.

Um, really?! So if someone doesnt like Obama, its cause he is black? Oh wait, he is part white too, so I guess that means they dont like half of him? Right?

When Bush was in office and people protested, they were excercising their right to free speech and their right to peacefull assembly, now if they protest the lord and savior borack obama, they are unAmerican? Get real!

Its ok for people to theroize about Bush getting assassinated, even make a movie about it. Hell, its free speech. Now, should anyone do the same for obama, just give them a sheet and pointy hat. Good grief.

Easy there. Just because some parents don't want their kids to hear the Presidents speech doesn't make them racists, or even stupid. If a parent doesn't want their child to hear any politician speak, that's their right as a parent, and would actually make them pretty smart. No need for a child, especially a young child, to be bored to death by someone they don't even know telling them what they should do.

Would you feel the same way if this was President Rush Limbaugh or President Ann Coulter we were talking about?

If they were the President of the United States then heck yes.....Actually if they were talking to kids about the importance and advantages of an education then of course yes even in their present jobs! It is about education and it is paramount we continue to educate our future citizens.

Um, really?! So if someone doesnt like Obama, its cause he is black? Oh wait, he is part white too, so I guess that means they dont like half of him? Right?

When Bush was in office and people protested, they were excercising their right to free speech and their right to peacefull assembly, now if they protest the lord and savior borack obama, they are unAmerican? Get real!

Assembly, free speech, calling the president a God...which is the dumbest thing Rush can do? Are all great things. If you don't want your kid to watch Obama then pull them and put them in the Cafeteria for 30 minutes. But let kids have a role model and get off on the right foot.

Its ok for people to theroize about Bush getting assassinated, even make a movie about it. Hell, its free speech. Now, should anyone do the same for obama, just give them a sheet and pointy hat. Good grief.

So what is it then. You obviously love Black people, so why would you not let your kid watch the President speak on education? The movie about BUSH being assassinated is not on my Netflix. That is Pathetic to make a movie like that. I am very proud of what GW Bush did for the country. He did his best and that is alot considering he was the Leader of the Free World during times of War and terror.

I am just going off the Forum title about School kids.

So what is it then. You obviously love Black people, so why would you not let your kid watch the President speak on education? The movie about BUSH being assassinated is not on my Netflix. That is Pathetic to make a movie like that. I am very proud of what GW Bush did for the country. He did his best and that is alot considering he was the Leader of the Free World during times of War and terror.

I am just going off the Forum title about School kids.

Where the hell do you draw that from and how is that relevant? I love everyone and treat everyone equally, regardless of race. I will show anyone respect, unless you give me a reason not to.

I dont have kids and I never said I wouldnt let them watch him speak on education. I see both sides here and can understand why someone would not let their kid watch.