First Televised College Football Game For 2009-10 Is...

NT80

This is just great! A win on National TV will set up UNT's 2009 season in a very positive way. Plus, UNT will get some exposure to possible out-of-area recruits. It will be a good day to watch the MEAN GREEN in action. WOW! Now, if UNT could only show up a couple of more times on TV this season....

GO MEAN GREEN!!!! Get your popcorn ready!

This is just great! A win on National TV will set up UNT's 2009 season in a very positive way. Plus, UNT will get some exposure to possible out-of-area recruits. It will be a good day to watch the MEAN GREEN in action. WOW! Now, if UNT could only show up a couple of more times on TV this season....

GO MEAN GREEN!!!! Get your popcorn ready!

1)Find brakes

2)Tap them

1)Find brakes

2)Tap them

Why? Are you not excited about the season and the possibilities for UNT to get some TV exposure???? Seems positive to me, but then I'd rather see the glass as half full. It's so much more fun that way than "crying all the time"...

1) Step on peddle

2) Full Speed Ahead - GO MEAN GREEN!

:rolleyes:

Why? Are you not excited about the season and the possibilities for UNT to get some TV exposure???? Seems positive to me, but then I'd rather see the glass as half full. It's so much more fun that way than "crying all the time"...

1) Step on peddle

2) Full Speed Ahead - GO MEAN GREEN!

:rolleyes:

Vinko Bogataj got a tremendous amount of TV exposure, too.

Seriously, though... I hope the Phil Steele analysis turns out to be accurate, I hope we beat Ball State and a whole lot of others. But this is a year where I'm going to have to see it to believe it. I was very, very optimistic going into the last two seasons, and I'm going to have to see some coaching improvement before I start getting excited about our prospects this year.

Vinko Bogataj got a tremendous amount of TV exposure, too.

Obscure cultural references that sum it all up nicely. You, sir, are the Dennis Miller of GMG.com

It is likely that Vinko Bogataj's crash would have remained obscure had a film crew from Wide World of Sports not been on hand to record the event. The show featured an opening narration (by host Jim McKay) over a montage of sports clips, and coordinating producer Dennis Lewin inserted the footage of Bogataj's tremendous tumble to coincide with the words "...and the agony of defeat." Throughout the show's long history, various images were used for the other parts of the narration, including for "The thrill of victory...", which directly preceded the above phrase and was often accompanied by images of the celebrating team at the most recent Super Bowl or World Cup. But for those many years after that point, the "agony of defeat" was always illustrated by Bogataj's failed jump.

The melodrama of the narration—which became something of a catch phrase in the US—and the sympathetic pain of watching Bogataj wipe out week after week, transformed the uncredited ski jumper into an American icon of bad luck and misfortune. Meanwhile, having retired to his quiet, private life in Slovenia, Vinko Bogataj was unaware of his celebrity, and so was quite confused to be asked to attend the 30th anniversary celebration for Wide World of Sports in 1991. He was stunned when other, more famous athletes present, such as Muhammad Ali, asked him for his autograph.

Edited by UNTflyer

I just want to know when we start the trash talking with David Letterman.

Maybe we should designate someone as the official trash talker for the Mean Green nation.....pehaps SUMG....or Emmitt?

It should be someone without a teen daughter.

Emmitt how as a cop can you not tell him to STOP drinking when behind a wheel? Green Kool Aid is more Lethal than any alcholic drink and it's obvious Kram has been drinking.

I never drink the Kool Aid behind a wheel - but I drink plenty of it while logged into GMG.com!!!

BTW - we will beat Ball State

Interesting. Scout.com says this game will start at 6:30pm Eastern and meangreensports.com says the game will start at 6:30pm Central. I wonder which is correct. Just wondering if I'll have to leave work early to catch the game on the tube live.

UNT @ Ball State :

7:30 EST

6:30 CST

The South Carolina vs NC State will actually be the 1st televised game as espn lists that game with a 7 pm EST kickoff

Watch party at Pourhouse. We either need to rent out the media room or see if we can just have it for this day.

Edited by NT03