Views On Hotel And Conv Cntr Debated At Forum

NT80

The Denia neighborhood needs to be disbanded, they are a bunch of residents with too much time on their hands.

The Denia bunch is proposing to the city to allow inspections of all rental properties in the City of Denton, requiring the city to inspect every property before it is rented to students or families in Denton. As a property manager I woul have to pay a inspection fee, plus possibly lose prospective tenants each time a property comes avaialbe for rent. Considering that Denton is a college town and there are alot of rental properties in Denton this would cause alot of tension for property owners and tenants alike.

Seriously.....I cant wait until we move into our new stadium and these residents get to hear the sounds of BOOMER everytime we score a TD, FG, or Safety, lol....

Edited by UNT_playmaker

The Denia neighborhood needs to be disbanded, they are a bunch of residents with too much time on their hands.

Why don't we all buy houses in the Denia neighborhood and take over their group? Not only would we stop their opposition to everything, we'd be in walking distance of the stadium!

I'm only half-joking...

Why don't we all buy houses in the Denia neighborhood and take over their group? Not only would we stop their opposition to everything, we'd be in walking distance of the stadium!

I'm only half-joking...

Yeah, but I'm not sure most of the people on this board would want to buy houses in that neighborhood. Drive through it sometime. Yuck. I can't figure out what it is that they're trying to defend.

Yeah, but I'm not sure most of the people on this board would want to buy houses in that neighborhood. Drive through it sometime. Yuck. I can't figure out what it is that they're trying to defend.

I'd be more concerned living next to some of you. And all your guns.

Channel 5 last night. Denton: We want a hotel too.

There was a good video on this report last night, but I can't find it on NBC5i.com's website anywhere?

Rick

This makes so much sense for all concerned that it is ludicrous that there is even a question about it. The city will receive many times over its investment just in the form of sales tax and hotel occupancy tax. Not to mention the exposure that the conference center brings with speakers and conventioneers from all over the country and for that fact the world. Only the selfish and very shortsighted could oppose this. You have to wonder who the Harlan Crow of Denton is? Any other metroplex suburb would be jumping on this opportunity. Denton can't afford to be passed over again for more progressive metroplex cities---it may be the last chance for Denton to prove it really wants to be an active part of the DFW region.

Edited by DallasGreen

This makes so much sense for all concerned that it is ludicrous that there is even a question about it. The city will receive many times over its investment just in the form of sales tax and hotel occupancy tax. Not to mention the exposure that the conference center brings with speakers and conventioneers from all over the country and for that fact the world. Only the selfish and very shortsighted could oppose this. You have to wonder who the Harlan Crow of Denton is? Any other metroplex suburb would be jumping on this opportunity. Denton can't afford to be passed over again for more progressive metroplex cities---it may be the last chance for Denton to prove it really wants to be an active part of the DFW region.

Watch out, Hillsboro and Waxahachie are passing us by.

It used to be a dream of mine to move back to Denton and commute to Dallas or FW. I think that dream is gone. Maybe now I can retire in Denton. I've already got the house picked out.

It used to be a dream of mine to own a house...any house. This was unachievable in California unless I wanted a $400.000 1 bedroom, 600 sf condo across the street from my rodent infested, bars on the window gangland apartment. So I moved to Texas. Now I'm living in Frisco. Since I started going to UNT, I can honestly say the the only money the city of Frisco has gotten out of me is in property taxes. I don't shop, eat, buy gas, watch movies, or anything within city limits. Going to Denton every day makes this possible. I can't stand this prefab image town, and hope to make the move across the lake some day.

Watch out, Hillsboro and Waxahachie are passing us by.

Don't know about Hillsboro, but just ask former UNT FB player and former Regent Chuck Beatty who is also former Mayor of Waxahachie and you'll find that much smaller suburb has been much more progressive than Denton with a new convention center, etc.