Spring Game

UNT2012

Meager, Tune, Phillips and somewhere Vizza, have to be laughing their ass off that they went full contact not only in practice but each spring game.

The golden boy was hands off the entire spring. He got a little pressure today and it showed and STILL WASN"T hit. Was is he gonna do when he gets the shit kicked out of him from Troy, Bama, Ball State, hell anybody. What is going to happen then?

SLC dominated the OL play. He threw at will in HS. He had the best RB in HS and the best WR's in HS. What is he gonna be?

I know the Mr. Meager was laughing his ass off saying "how times have changed." Daniel got killed in spring ball. Miller hit Gio so hard in a spring practice that he bit his tough in half.

What a joke. Dodge and Dodge are a flat out disgrace. Fake leadership, it has always been about Dodge and his ego from his days at Texas. I did a little research on the frat boy named Todd Dodge. He was no saint boys. He was doing the same crap that kids do today.

He mishandled so many of these players because he wants to make people think he is clean and almighty. The man is FAKE.

UNT2012. That's quite a rant you have going there against both Riley and Coach Dodge. Too bad your view of the program seems to be so clouded by your disdain for the Dodge's. My guess is that there is more to your story than you care to admit...seems you must have some sort of personal agenda going. Too bad...it was a great day to be at Fouts to watch the spring game and to hear the stadium news. Sure, it was "interesting" that none of the QB's were "hit", but UNT is not the only university that does that in the spring game. If you have been to many spring games...with different universities...you will see a very wide array of how these games are handled. If you went...I assume you were in attendance...and expected this to be a full contact game, well, you were mistaken and will be again if you think spring games are always full-contact all out "reral" games.

I was a tad unhappy that the offenses did not score more...may a long pass or two, but the wind and format did play a factor. Saw some very good things on the defensive side of the ball which "warms my heart" a bit going into the fall. UNT will see some new faces in that fall, and the competition for positions will heat up anew.

Stadium announcement was very well handled...I thought...and there should be no doubt now that the stadium is one the way. Hopefully, the Mean Green Nation will be watching the 2011 opening game in the new stadium. That does seem to be the plan and the timeline.

I'll be donating...I hope everyone here will do the same. GO MEAN GREEN.

2012, since you bring it up. My uncle coached at Bama for 10 yrs. I can assure you...and straight from the horses mouth, that they dont take unnecessary risks with their key players either. They kinda like them on the field....healthy as possible for as long as possible. So they can kick the ass off a team like ours that may have it's best players on the sideline due to injuries actually caused by a reckless coaches decision. Get it ??? You might want to look up Freddie Kitchens......he's one you could ask !!!!!

In 40 minutes of play I saw one dead ball penalty on the offense, an illegal procedure. Spring game is about executing the basics, and I thought that went really well. A few bone head plays like the safety and the snap that went sailing by Tune. BTW, you do know that Tune played in this game, right? He was "hands off" too.

Spring games are really difficult to judge, but you seem to have it down pat. Good for you.

Yeah a lot of teams do it.

But Todd never did it before. The Phillips family and Meagers' are laughing their ass off at the sudden change in philosophy. Their is only one reason to this NEW "not hit" rule.

Hell last season, in practice Gio would run over people in practice. Tune and Meager would run and get tackled as well. Everybody was fair game in spring scrimmages and the spring game.

I guess the no hit rule was in place when Joseph Miller knocked Gio out on a full sprint out drill last season???

That is how QB's and the entire team get better when going full speed. This team needs full contact. It showed yesterday.

So what is Todd afraid of? its only early April and he is already concerned about his STAR when he had no regard for Tune, Phillips or Meager in the past?

But Todd never did it before. The Phillips family and Meagers' are laughing their ass off at the sudden change in philosophy. Their is only one reason to this NEW "not hit" rule.

Hell last season, in practice Gio would run over people in practice. Tune and Meager would run and get tackled as well. Everybody was fair game in spring scrimmages and the spring game.

I guess the no hit rule was in place when Joseph Miller knocked Gio out on a full sprint out drill last season???

That is how QB's and the entire team get better when going full speed. This team needs full contact. It showed yesterday.

So what is Todd afraid of? its only early April and he is already concerned about his STAR when he had no regard for Tune, Phillips or Meager in the past?

It's a no win scenario for T. Dodge. If he orders full contact and someone gets injured, then everyone complains about full contact and says Dodge is incompetent. When its "hands off" everyone complains there is no full contact and that Dodge is incompetent.

Guest JohnDenver

It's a no win scenario for T. Dodge. If he orders full contact and someone gets injured, then everyone complains about full contact and says Dodge is incompetent. When its "hands off" everyone complains there is no full contact and that Dodge is incompetent.

You are right, 2012 (who is posting under his second alias because the first one got banned, btw) is setting up an un-winnable situation.

In previous years, there was a true competition and we needed to see who was going to win out. I wish, for Meager's sake, that DD and Dodge played hands off with their QBs. Gio was a different story, he really liked hitting and had the size to take it. I respected it, but I wish he would have ran out of bounds instead of laying the lumber. Gio wasn't coming off a season ending injury either... he may have not needed to be protected as much. Previously, we also had more QBs to go around if one went down. Who will run the practices if both QBs go down in the spring game? This year it just makes sense to protect the QBs for the whole team's interests.

Well you know what we'll find out if you are right when the season starts.... If Dodge and Co. loses their first couple of games then he will need to look for another HS coaching jobs like the rest of departured assistants.

If RV keeps Dodge on board for a fourth year, I sure hope that he goes where ever Dodge ends up at.

One more time, most coaches protect their QBs. What is strange is that Dodge did not do it more in his first two years. However, last year Dodge had much more QB depth, do you not think? Behind, Vizza he had a QB that was just as good in Meager with Phillips, Tune and Dodge behind them. This year he has Tune and an incoming freshman as the only schlorship backups to Riley Dodge. I am sure you don't agree, but this team will be in real trouble if Riley gets hurt.

Meager, Tune, Phillips and somewhere Vizza, have to be laughing their ass off that they went full contact not only in practice but each spring game.

The golden boy was hands off the entire spring. He got a little pressure today and it showed and STILL WASN"T hit. Was is he gonna do when he gets the shit kicked out of him from Troy, Bama, Ball State, hell anybody. What is going to happen then?

SLC dominated the OL play. He threw at will in HS. He had the best RB in HS and the best WR's in HS. What is he gonna be?

I know the Mr. Meager was laughing his ass off saying "how times have changed." Daniel got killed in spring ball. Miller hit Gio so hard in a spring practice that he bit his tough in half.

What a joke. Dodge and Dodge are a flat out disgrace. Fake leadership, it has always been about Dodge and his ego from his days at Texas. I did a little research on the frat boy named Todd Dodge. He was no saint boys. He was doing the same crap that kids do today.

He mishandled so many of these players because he wants to make people think he is clean and almighty. The man is FAKE.

All ofthe QB's were off limits, nothing odd abou that. This is normal spring procedure, check UT's spring game.

You are right, 2012 (who is posting under his second alias because the first one got banned, btw) is setting up an un-winnable situation.

In previous years, there was a true competition and we needed to see who was going to win out. I wish, for Meager's sake, that DD and Dodge played hands off with their QBs. Gio was a different story, he really liked hitting and had the size to take it. I respected it, but I wish he would have ran out of bounds instead of laying the lumber. Gio wasn't coming off a season ending injury either... he may have not needed to be protected as much. Previously, we also had more QBs to go around if one went down. Who will run the practices if both QBs go down in the spring game? This year it just makes sense to protect the QBs for the whole team's interests.

So there is no true competition going on right now for the starting QB position ??

I wished I was back in school and graduating in a few more years, but unfortunately no.

Its obvious 2012 has a beef as do so many others. I didn't like what I saw yesterday but one thing for sure, the staff is more experienced, the OL is better, the defense will get better, and we have a little speed this next year.

What I hated was the kicking game and the punting.

There are some players who will win us some games but it won't be in the kicking game.

I wished I was back in school and graduating in a few more years, but unfortunately no.

Its obvious 2012 has a beef as do so many others. I didn't like what I saw yesterday but one thing for sure, the staff is more experienced, the OL is better, the defense will get better, and we have a little speed this next year.

What I hated was the kicking game and the punting.

There are some players who will win us some games but it won't be in the kicking game.

I thought we had a highly regarded punter (who can also kick) out of high school who will be here in August.

I thought the Spring Game went great. Well from what I heard from all my buddies THAT WENT....They said it was an OPEN BAR out there!! People bringing cases of beer left and right into the stadium!! That's freakin awesome. Great marketing to get fans in the stands!! Go UNT!!!! Great win for the Mean Green... 1-0 in my book!!!! BCS Bound