Which Ooc Game Are Looking Forward To The Most

NT03

09/03 @ Ball State : 1st game of the year for the 09 college football season vs a new coaching staff & QB

09/12 vs Ohio : 1st home game , winable game , could help set the tone for the rest of the season, TAILGATE TIME!!!

09/19 @ Alabama : ULM did it !!!

11/21 vs Army : Should be a packed house and a MEAN GREEN WIN !!!

All 4 games should be FUN. I just hope we can keep the Bama game close , because Saban is the DEVIL !!!!

Edited by NT03

I almost voted Ohio because it is the first home game and winnable. But I am definately hoping that the game day atmosphere equals that of the Navy game in 2007. If so, that has to be the top OOC game for this year.

I was torn between those 2 as well , but went with Ohio due the fact we will probably only have 1 loss going into that game and probably 9 or so losses going into the Army game

I had to say Bama. I know it'll be a butt kicking, but I'm gonna be there seeing how the atmosphere compares with LSU and Oklahoma. Two great places to watch college football. The fans at both places were nothing but nice to us. Even the LSU fans that gave us the "Tiger bait" chant were almost embarassed to do so. The only loud "Tiger bait" chant we got was when we walked by Frat row. I would have been disappointed if it had been otherwise. Even the frat guys were good natured and gave us a beer.

College corner at OU is a great pre and post game hang out spot. Many pretty women. The fans there were also very nice. I have big hopes for Tuscaloosa.

1. Army- We gave Navy a great (offensive) game when they came here, and Army is nowhere near as good as they are. We should have a big crowd and I think this game is the one we have the greatest chance to win.

2. Ohio- An OK MAC school that I feel we have at least a close to even chance of beating.

3. Ball State- They really had a great season last year. Did they lose enough talent from that great team?

4. Alabama- In all honesty, they won't overlook the Sun Belt next season, and will play us like they are trying to get even with UL Monroe. As a true UNT fan, I will cheer for us tell the bitter end, but this one will probably get ugly.

I picked Ball State. First game of the year and should tell us what we REALLY have this year (the spring is always a time of over-hyped expectation because we're playing against ourselves). If we look decent to good in this game then I will believe Todge isn't playing out his death march.

A good point. Lets hope for the best.

Army...hand's down. The atmosphere at Fouts will be great and the stand swill be full. I hope Army brings their Corps of Cadets...at least as many as Navy had at Fouts. I hope the waether is good, so the tailgating will be big and lively too...it was fun going to the Navy tailgate area and talking to those folks before the game. Very nice...great atmosphere. Class act, Navy...I am sure Army will be the same.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Quick question : Where is the nearest army base to Denton ? I knew a few guys back in the day who were @ Ft Sill in Lawton , OK just north of Wichita Falls , is there one closer ?

I beleive there is one in the Temple/Kileen area. Yes, Fort Hood. Pretty large Army base, as I recall.

I'm excited about the Alabama game and The Army game. But I voted for the home opener against Ohio UNIVERSITY. I think it's winnable, it's at Fouts, and if we win, most casual fans will think we knocked off OHIO STATE.

Me too although it for some reason did not reflect in the Poll. Its the first home game I always get excited over tailgating and the whole experience of that day.

I had to say Bama. I know it'll be a butt kicking, but I'm gonna be there seeing how the atmosphere compares with LSU and Oklahoma. Two great places to watch college football. The fans at both places were nothing but nice to us. Even the LSU fans that gave us the "Tiger bait" chant were almost embarassed to do so. The only loud "Tiger bait" chant we got was when we walked by Frat row. I would have been disappointed if it had been otherwise. Even the frat guys were good natured and gave us a beer.

College corner at OU is a great pre and post game hang out spot. Many pretty women. The fans there were also very nice. I have big hopes for Tuscaloosa.

I think you will enjoy the bama atmosphere. Will be along the same lines as OU though you may see more tailgating. It is hard to beat those teams in the SEC in tailgating.

As for the game I am most excited about, I have to go with Emmitt on this one - definately Ball State for me. As he stated earlier, it will give us a gauge of what the season or at least the OOC games will look like, though I have my doubts that any of them will be winnable.

• 5 months later...