Middle Tennessee (2/14/09)

CMJ

First game was an OT nailbiter, which they won on our floor. Can we return the favor? We're only a game back of them, so if we win tomorrow we'll be tied(not sure how the tiebreaker works tho) with four games to go. A loss, and we might fall down to the 6 seed should USA win. MTSU has been struggling as of late, and their board is ready to run Davis out of town on a rail. Could go either way...a fired up fanbase and team....or a dejected one.

It's also on ESPN360.

Edited by CMJ

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the tie breaking procedure from the Sun Belt site:

Tie-Breaking Formula. The Sun Belt Conference tie-breaking formula is as follows: (a) if one team has defeated the other team twice, that team shall be awarded the higher-seeded position; however, (B) if each team has won only one game against the other, the higher position will be awarded to the team that has the best won-loss percentage against the highest-seeded team in the conference; if each team has the same record against the highest-seeded team in the division, then won-loss records against the next highest-seeded team in the conference would be considered and so on down the line until the tie is broken; (d) if the records of the two teams are the same against all teams in the conference, then the seeded position would be determined by a toss of the coin by the Sun Belt Conference Commissioner; (e) in the event of a three-way tie, the won-loss percentage of the tied teams against each other is first considered; (f) If the teams are still tied, records against the next highest seeded team in the conference are considered and so forth until the tie is broken; once the three-way tie is broken, then the two-way tie is broken in the normal two-tie fashion;(g) if there is still a tie, the seeded position of the teams will be determined by a random draw conducted by the Sun Belt Conference Commissioner; (h) for multiple ties larger than a three-way tie, the same procedure will be applied as used to break a three-way tie; (i) for all multiple ties, the tie is broken by first deciding the highest seeded team involved in the tie before deciding other seeded positions.

Edited by BonfireBrian

6pm EST

5pm CST

4pm MST

3pm PST

I don't think we have any posters in Alaska or Hawaii, otherwise I'd give their timezones too. ;)

I'm confused. The Mean Green Athletics email for the game say, "Tip off is scheduled for 7 p.m. (CST)," while ESPN360 has it listed for 5:00p.m. (CST). Anyone know which is correct?

I'm confused. The Mean Green Athletics email for the game say, "Tip off is scheduled for 7 p.m. (CST)," while ESPN360 has it listed for 5:00p.m. (CST). Anyone know which is correct?

A mean green athletics blunder , who would of thunk it ??

Yahoo also list the game as 5 , maybe it was changed in order to get the game on 360 ? Is this game on espn full court?

yes , it is available on espn full court. Doesn't pourhouse have this and would they perhaps be showing it ?

Edited by NT03

A mean green athletics blunder , who would of thunk it ??

Yahoo also list the game as 5 , maybe it was changed in order to get the game on 360 ? Is this game on espn full court?

yes , it is available on espn full court. Doesn't pourhouse have this and would they perhaps be showing it ?

Heck, I haven't been out in so long, I'd probably actually go to the Pourhouse if they had the game on. I'm skeptical though they will with all the other college games on including Texas.

Does the full screen button work for anyone else in this new version of espn360?

Yes hit the red button at top , but you can't do anything else unless you hit ESC to get back to smaller size thus able to change volume , browse other sites

Very , Very clear stream

Edited by NT03