Bonfire!

emmitt01

QUOTE(eulessismore @ Nov 1 2008, 11:16 PM)

Dollar shots? How much are the table dances?

About 5 or 6 shots worth. Speaking of which, I'm showing up at 9am on the 29th. Ribs in the smoker, and green jello shots in the cooler. Hope to see you there!

Dang, those are good prices! Reminds me of the old days at the Fort Worth Cellar; I think it was Wednesday nights when the local college girls would dance topless just for the fun of it.

Edited by eulessismore

i don't like either ut or tech, but it's nice to see someone new beating everyone and getting some recognition. hopefully, tech can win out. it would be cool to see them in the national championship game.

Edited by radiogreen

i don't like either of ut or tech, but it's nice to see someone new beating everyone and getting some recognition. hopefully, tech can win out. it would be cool to see them in the national championship game.

Here's my dream scenario:

Tech beats UT: Check

Tech loses to Ok State...

Tech loses to Oklahoma...

UT gets to the Big XII title game by virtue of the tie-break over OU...

UT wins the Big XII...

Penn State wins out...

Florida wins from here on out including the SEC title game...

Penn State gets to the national title game because they are undefeated...

Florida gets to the national title game because they won the SEC and UT's loss was to a 2 loss Tech...

Justice prevails.

Tech deserved to win. true determination and desire to win came through for them. Thought is was over when I didn't see the dropped interception. Gutsy call to pass to Crabtree in double coverage when a field goal was a sure win. leach looked like a hero calling that play but he easily could have been linched if the outcome was an interception. Gladd to see the Red Raiders pull out a win against ut. TT will move to 4th most likely.

Gutsy call to pass to Crabtree in double coverage when a field goal was a sure win. leach looked like a hero calling that play but he easily could have been linched if the outcome was an interception.

Leach has no confidence in his FG kicker for a 45 yarder to win/lose a game. They had to try and get closer. UT should have held Crabtree, even if it meant a 10 yard penalty.

I dont think its necessarily wrong to root for Texas, but its wrong to be a Texas douche. You know the douchebabs whose entire wardrobe consists of burnt orange, and they have ZERO affilation with the school. You ask them why they like the Longhorns and their response is, "I like them cause they're good", or "I support all Texas schools". But when you ask them where their UTEP, Houston, or NT jerseys are, they just give you a blank stare.

Good game and tech played hard, but those refs really tried to help out Texas out. The bogus offensive PI call on Tech made me laugh. I really thought they were going to try and do something more to help out on that last kickoff.

Edited by Rudy

I will admit, I wore my UT hat all day today. I like the TTECH players - most underrated, soft spoken players in college football. Everyone thinks they are system guys, and thus not spectacular. Nonetheless, I HATE Tech, I HATE their coaches, I HATE their fans, and I HATE that good for nothing school.

Good game and tech played hard, but those refs really tried to help out Texas out. The bogus offensive PI call on Tech made me laugh. I really thought they were going to try and do something more to help out on that last kickoff.

It was an evenly called game, Tech got their share of favorable calls, like the face mask penalty in the first quarter.

If UT wins out (they should) and OU win out (and therefore beats Tech in Norman in two weeks), then you're looking at a three-way tie for the Big 12 South title. Very realistic possibility. What's the tie-breaker? If it's point differential in those three games, it will be up to OU to run it up on Tech if they can.

Edited by Smitty

I dont think its necessarily wrong to root for Texas, but its wrong to be a Texas douche. You know the douchebabs whose entire wardrobe consists of burnt orange, and they have ZERO affilation with the school. You ask them why they like the Longhorns and their response is, "I like them cause they're good", or "I support all Texas schools". But when you ask them where their UTEP, Houston, or NT jerseys are, they just give you a blank stare.

not sure the actual statistics but don't only about 35% of people have a college degree? Wouldn't that make about 65% of all college fan's "douchebags" for rooting for a team they don't have a degree from? I work at a large company with people from all over the good ole USA. Several have taken on UNT as an adopted team because they graduated from Maryland, Penn State, Miami etc. and can't make many, if any, games. Does that make them douchebags because they wear NT gear and come to games with me?

Edited by GreenMachine

not sure the actual statistics but don't only about 35% of people have a college degree? Wouldn't that make about 65% of all college fan's "douchebags" for rooting for a team they don't have a degree from? I work at a large company with people from all over the good ole USA. Several have taken on UNT as an adopted team because they graduated from Maryland, Penn State, Miami etc. and can't make many, if any, games. Does that make them douchebags because they wear NT gear and come to games with me?

As always, Trust Tina to tell you what to think on this (and all other matters of sports importance).

One day, we will write up the 10 Commandments of Douchery.

Not today, though, as we're still so happy to have won that we've sworn off negativity for a while.

Lets face it, not many are adopting North Texas. Many more "adopt" whoever will let them high five other wannabes on the weekend. I admire your friends who come to the NT games with you - they obviously are in this for real and aren't just hopping on the Mean Green bandwagon because of wanting to be associated with a winner. We need many more like them. Obviously that isn't who he was referring to.

He was referring to the guy from sales that has such a pathetic life Monday - Friday that they must find a team that will almost gurantee a win on Saturday. The guy that will tell you how bad your team sucks and how awesome his horns are.

Texas douche is all around - his krytonite is this question: What year did you graduate?