Unt Players Fail Drug Test

Brett Vito

wacked out conspiracy theory? I have merely pointed out the gross inconsistency in TD's statements vs his behavior, and speculated that he was trolling for former players. I'm not any more of a DD fan than I am a TD fan. I just want all of the player treated fairly.

I don't consider the man evil at all. Just petty and vindictive.

...Asking the question because I honestly don't know the answer. When did he say that he didn't think the team had a drug problem? I ask because I think the timing is important. If he said that at the beginning of the season, I don't have a problem with it. I mean, if you're a head coach and you go on record saying 'I think my team has a serious drug problem,' do you think the NCAA won't be knocking down doors to test us? You'd have to be stupid or suicidal to purposely release the NCAA hounds before you have concrete proof of wrongdoing.

Now, if Dodge said he doesn't think the team has a drug problem in the paper today.... He's deluding himself.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Asking the question because I honestly don't know the answer. When did he say that he didn't think the team had a drug problem? I ask because I think the timing is important. If he said that at the beginning of the season, I don't have a problem with it. I mean, if you're a head coach and you go on record saying 'I think my team has a serious drug problem,' do you think the NCAA won't be knocking down doors to test us? You'd have to be stupid or suicidal to purposely release the NCAA hounds before you have concrete proof of wrongdoing.

Now, if Dodge said he doesn't think the team has a drug problem in the paper today.... He's deluding himself.

Actually the timing of the statment doesn't tell me he is deluding himself - that fact is already known by the play on the field.

Wake up people! Surley Dodge knew what kind of results he going to find. This way he can put the blame for his lack of sucess on his players. Do the same thing at any other university in America and you would probally get the same results.

Yea, I can hear it now. He wakes up one morning in September, realizes this team is playing poorly, and decides to drug test them to make himself look good. Please! Yes, the results would be same at any other university the results would be the same.

So is this the explanation as to why certain coaches aren't allowed to play the guys they want to play---as has been rumored here on the board? The players they are wanting to play are being punished for failing the drug test? I never could tell with all the other talk about seniors being benched in favor of throwing the young guys to the wolves. I'm sure it's probably a little of both....?? Anyone truly know the answer?

If this is what has been going on and we've actually been taking steps to clean this up, I don't see how anyone can bash the coaching staff for trying to clean up a drug problem on the team. Unless you think doing drugs isn't really that big a deal. Also, Dodge's statement about thinking that we don't have a drug problem could be due to the idea that he now thinks the steps they are taking are working or have/will work to help fix the problem. When was the drug test conducted?

Edited by TIgreen01

Guest GrayEagleOne

Im guessing its mostly marijuana. Which personally, I dont think is the end of the world. I would think alcohol would have a more detrimental effect on someone physical performance, but what do I know.

I don't really know either except marijuana is illegal while alcohol is legal provided you are old enough.

The problem is these guys are athletes and are supposed to take care of their bodies, especially during their playing career. Marijuana, if it becomes habit forming, can be the end of that person's world, at least as he knows it. I don't know of any illegal drug (plus tobacco and alcohol) that is harmless to the body.

wacked out conspiracy theory? I have merely pointed out the gross inconsistency in TD's statements vs his behavior, and speculated that he was trolling for former players. I'm not any more of a DD fan than I am a TD fan. I just want all of the players treated fairly.

I don't consider the man evil at all. Just petty and vindictive.

People on both sides of the Dodge argument can spin this either way and you're just spinning it negative. Coaches don't air their laundry in the newspaper. Dodge knew there was a problem and had the team tested to find the extent of it. Now he/they know and have begun to deal with it. You honestly want you head coach to say "Yea this team has a real drug problem" in the newspaper? He knows there's a problem, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it, but having the head coach throw the team under the bus accomplishes nothing.

Edited by Green P1

I don't really know either except marijuana is illegal while alcohol is legal provided you are old enough.

The problem is these guys are athletes and are supposed to take care of their bodies, especially during their playing career. Marijuana, if it becomes habit forming, can be the end of that person's world, at least as he knows it. I don't know of any illegal drug (plus tobacco and alcohol) that is harmless to the body.

I dont disagree with you. And Im not going to turn the thread into a debate about the legalization of marijuana. I was just commenting that alcohol seems to affect the body more than occasional marijuana use and it has easily destroyed more lives. Thats all.

I think its stupid for any of these guys, being Div 1A athletes, to put anything in their body (legal or otherwise) that would negatively affect their on-field performance.

People on both sides of the Dodge argument can spin this either way and you're just spinning it negative. Coaches don't air their laundry in the news paper. Dodge knew there was a problem and had the team tested to find the extent of it. Now he/they know and have begun to deal with it. You honestly want you head coaching to say "Yea this team has a real drug problem" in the newspaper? He knows theres a problem, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it, but having the head coach throw the team under the bus accomplishes nothing.

Excellent Post. :clapping:

A couple of posts have been removed but I wonder if they were fact or fiction. Seems like more fact.

Can you imagine a team drug test at FIU, Florida State, Florida, Troy, Texas A&M, Miami, Texas, Central Florida, USC, UCLA, Texas Tech, OU, how about any program other than maybe Penn State or ND?

The numbers would be staggering. I still want to know along with many others where is Bailey, Rose, and Menard? In uniform, they warm up but they don't play. These are possibly are best three OL-man?

Dodge's decision making (especially this season) on and off the field make me say WTF. On the job training is all I can say, and he is looking for kids to blame.

When will Dodge ever step up and let his assistants ever answer a question? When will Dodge ever admit that he and his staff got their asses kicked?

To this date, Dodge has never taken responsibility for Dodge. Again, I was a big supporter, but every week makes me shake my head.