Tonight's Game Is A Tremendous Success If...

Fitzyrection

I think the Montgomery/Dunbar duo will get 100 yards on the ground. Dunbar could have one of those break out games like Jamario did against Colorado.

The two combining for 100 could happen, but to exect anything jamrio like is a little out there. All we can do is hope. No matter how it happens, I just hope it isn't a complete embarrassment. We have had our fill of that in recent years.

UNT gets out of the game healthy.

UNT scores 14 points but more importantly, shows the promise of being able to move the ball like they did against k-state.

Defense actually forces 2 or 3 punts.

No block punts and no huge kick off and punt returns.

UNT takes a knee in the end zone on the kick off returns because it can't get past the 15 otherwise. TAKE A knee. Don't keep dropping the ball.

Deloach finally makes a difference like everyone said he would.

WR's must make catches for first downs and just catch the ball in general.

Dibrell keeps developing into the go to guy for critical catches on first downs.

If the OL can keep Gio from getting killed.

we get a shot at one of the best teams in the country. So what if we get smashed. LSU will smash a lot of teams this year. Stop crying and be proud of any accomplishments our boys can achieve against the defending national champs. Its the opportunity of a life time for these kids.

Deloach finally makes a difference like everyone said he would.

I'd slow down a little right here. We are three games into his first season. We are starting three players in the secondary in their first d-1 year, a redshirt freshman and a sophomore at linebacker, and a truly makeshift defensive line rotation that has been missing two all-conference caliber defensive ends. We are coming off a year's worth of truly horrific defensive coaching by a guy who was regarded as an ineffective high school coach. Finally, we are a team that consists of 62 underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores). There are, by comparison, only 40 upperclassmen, and a quarter of those are transfers that have showed up in the past year and a half.

So with all that, what do we expect here? I know when Dodge first showed up, the consensus on the board was that we had resigned ourselves to four years of turnover while Dodge transitioned from a run first offense to the spread. By that logic, DeLoach gets four, too, based a defense that was a bad 3-4, then a mediocre 4-3, then a bad 4-3.

Man... but to start toe-tapping after three games? He'll make a difference, but it takes time to build a winner. At least we have a guy here who has shown he can do it.

The mean green get home safely and healthy.

Watch for TD to start Riley tonight. The corners at LSU are two of the best in America. The slot positions (Fitz and Dodge) will have to make big plays and use their speed to get off constant press coverage.

LSU will play man, press our players and jam them on the line of scrimmage. It will be tough to have any throwing opportunities. If you watched App. State (who has tremendous athletes) you know what I'm talking about.

10 points by UNT offense will be a successful game. LSU athletes are just a different breed of animal. Blitz coming all night long.

Deloach must make all the right calls tonight. Hopefully, we won't let two very inexperienced QB's play pitch and catch all night long.

Come out healthy!

UNT fans make it out of the stadium and back home safely.

we hold LSU under 50.

we score more than 17.

Remember John Wooden lost early and lost a lot early before getting his players to play his system. When I heard this statement I thought of our very own TD. His system is proven. There are players out there to play his system. They are at UNT currently learning or on their way to the Mean Green. When the system plants we are going to be very very happy! Tonight is the Mother of all mid-terms. Put your thinking caps on and jump into the (play) books!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of goals:

Defense: hold LSU to under 200 yards rushing (LSU ran for 266 against Appalachian State and averaged 214 a game last year) and get a quarterback sack or two. Don't let LSU's offense get into one of those meat-grinder rhythms.

Offense: it sounds obvious, but avoid a 3-and-out first possession and get some first downs in the first quarter. Any points in the first quarter would be huge. Keep Vizza on his feet, get a little confidence, then get the ball to your receivers and backs in space. We've got some explosive players, but the trick is to get them a little running room.

I'd love to see the offensive and defensive lines have some success tonight.

Under 50?? Not a chance. Tulsa had that at the half last week. (Okay, 49...but still)

Some people call these "bodybag" games. I think of them as "prostitute" games because it's about the dollars, as we all know. I hate them. With poor showing after poor showing in these games, I think the damage it does NT in bad PR isn't worth the money.

Under 50?? Not a chance. Tulsa had that at the half last week. (Okay, 49...but still)

Some people call these "bodybag" games. I think of them as "prostitute" games because it's about the dollars, as we all know. I hate them. With poor showing after poor showing in these games, I think the damage it does NT in bad PR isn't worth the money.

gagree

I am right there with you....however it's sad that we have been reduced to these weak-ass expectations. :(

Good grief folks, did anyone really think we would beat the former national champs in Dodge's 2nd year...when he had to completely start over after the last two lost years under Dickey? I understand high expectations, but that is a little much. Look, LSU is going to clobber a lot of top tier teams as they always do. If we keep it within 30 we should all celebrate. We are talking the 80 million dollar athletic budget against the 20 million dollar budget! Let's take their money, get some good practice against a GREAT team, compete and be happy.

...UNT rushes for more than 100 yards.

...UNT doesn't turn the ball over.

...UNT scores 20 or more points.

...LSU scores 50 or less points.

...We don't miss any XP's/FG's.

If all of this happens, I will never criticize Todd Dodge again. :D

how about we just hold them under 50 points?