Smu Recruits Guys Who Back Up Unt Recruits In High School

HAHAHA! The lowly Ponies are recruiting guys who couldn't beat out our recruits. With June Jones on board, SMU is landing backup quarterbacks. Pony Up!

http://recruitingblog.dallasnews.com/archi...its-to-smu.html

Kyle held his own against Miami Northwestern whenever Riley got hurt (broken nose or something). He is a good player and there is no shame in being a backup (as a junior) whenever the starter is someone as talented as Riley.

Kyle held his own against Miami Northwestern whenever Riley got hurt (broken nose or something). He is a good player and there is no shame in being a backup (as a junior) whenever the starter is someone as talented as Riley.

i didn't see him that game, but he did not do well against abilene in the playoffs when riley went down.

And....?

You think we've never signed a kid, who when he was a junior or sophomore backed up players that signed with SFA, Midwestern State, Texas State...and the like? I guarantee you, we have. So does mean that we were outrecruited by those schools when they signed players who started, as seniors, when our signee was a junior or sophomore?

Also, hate to tell you...but if TD wasn't our coach...we wouldn't have signed Riley in a million years. You may have missed the News Flash that he originally committed to UT.

I'm glad you're an Insurance Pro.....

Edited by SUMG

Kyle Padron should be fine at SMU. Jones obviously believes has the ideal size, speed, and strength to run his offense even if Padron hasn't yet accumulated much of a track record. Padron still has a year of high school and will then probably redshirt in 2009. 2010 and 2011 will probably be spent as a backup since I don't think anyone on their roster should be able to unseat Bo Levi Mitchell.

You think we've never signed a kid, who when he was a junior or sophomore backed up players that signed with SFA, Midwestern State, Texas State...and the like? I guarantee you, we have. So does mean that we were outrecruited by those schools when they signed players who started, as seniors, when our signee was a junior or sophomore?

Also, hate to tell you...but if TD wasn't our coach...we wouldn't have signed Riley in a million years. You may have missed the News Flash that he originally committed to UT.

I'm glad you're an Insurance Pro.....

I'm glad you are a comedian. Or you used to be. Or whatever. You are still funny.

Yes, I know we have signed guys who backed up players who signed with big schools when they were juniors. We even signed Vince Young's high school backup, Jon Ieans. How did that work out for us?

Micheal Jorden did not make his high school BB team until he was a Senior.

That is not true. Michael Jordan did not make his high school's varsity team when he was a sophomore (his coach thought it would be better for him and his high school program for Jordan to dominate on the JV level for a little while longer). He starred on the varsity as a junior and senior. The myth about him getting cut from his high school team has been spread by Nike in an effort to sell lazy Americans shoes. There is an awesome book on Jordan by David Halberstam called Playing For Keeps: Michael Jordan and The World He Made.

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

Amazing how a grown man can sit around a computer and pretend to know something about recruiting. It's a shame we or Baylor or SMU or Houston didn't hire the Insurance Pro. What a knack for eyeing QB talent he has.

I mean, this Padron kid goes to June Jones' camp, catches the coaching staff's eye with his play, and gets an offer. Insurance Pro sits on his keester, obstensibly selling insurance, has never seen Padron throw the ball, and decides June Jones' four decades of quarterbacking and quarterback coaching should be called into question.

How did all of college football miss out on Insurance Pro?

Mark it down--June Jones will show the biggest turnaround @ SMU in NCAA history during the next two years. By the time we finally get around to playing them in '14, they will be a well established top caliber D-1 program while we will still be talking about someday building a stadium even though the cost will have escalated to $150 million by then!!!!!!!!!!