Ea Ncaa Football 09 Online Dynasty

i cant wait till this game comes out on tuesday! the online ps3 dynasty is going to be awsome....how are we going to decide who gets to be North Texas??

I propose we ban the use of North Texas and say that every member pick their next favorite Non-BCS team. Mine would be Houston cause my dad went there, but I could live with CSU or Wyoming (they're within 2 hours of my house).

This way would not show favor to one person and would avoid the anguish of most of us having to play against and beat our alma mater/favorite team.

What do yall think?

I propose we ban the use of North Texas and say that every member pick their next favorite Non-BCS team. Mine would be Houston cause my dad went there, but I could live with CSU or Wyoming (they're within 2 hours of my house).

This way would not show favor to one person and would avoid the anguish of most of us having to play against and beat our alma mater/favorite team.

What do yall think?

Sounds good to me. If we are going with family ties, then I am doing OK. Nebraska all the way!!!

Guest JohnDenver

I would be down for this.. I haven't had a NCAA game since, well, ever. I am tired of Madden suckness though. I will get on some NCAA league...

Console: PS3.

Team: Colorado State (for the family ties).

I would be down for this.. I haven't had a NCAA game since, well, ever. I am tired of Madden suckness though. I will get on some NCAA league...

Console: PS3.

Team: Colorado State (for the family ties).

You just want to revive the mu11et.

I am also down for PS3.

I have no idea how we decide who gets to play NT.... steel cage death match? Trivia contest? Fundraising contest?

You just want to revive the mu11et.

I am also down for PS3.

I have no idea how we decide who gets to play NT.... steel cage death match? Trivia contest? Fundraising contest?

Count me in for PS3 O-D as well. I'd like to go with Hawaii or maybe some random Ivy League school like Dartmouth. As long as I can get my green on.

Do we know if OD will support custom teams? If so, we may need to set limits on how many stars/letter rankings a team can have.

Edited by meangreendork

So far we have:

On PS3-

GabeGMG

Bstn

Illuvius

Me

John Denver

Cerebus

MGdork

On 360-

4evereagle

Tasty

JimboJim

The Claw

I can't tell what Emmitt is...maybe he swings both ways.

All I got is a Wii and an old XBox. I'll play with myself!

/Shows self out.

• Downvote 1

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted on this thread lately.

For all the PS3 users PLEASE pm me your email address so I can send out a message later this week after everyone has the game. If everyone gets the game on Tuesday, I was thinking we could start the league a week or so after once everyone gets accustomed to 09's game play. Also, as for who gets to be UNT, I was going to propose the idea of a "drawing straws" kind of thing so at least one of us gets to field the mean green. Let me know what you think.

p.s. My non-bcs choice will be Rice (if not UNT) since I have family from Houston, and friends attending there.

Edited by GabeGMG

Another thing worth mentioning...unless conference's can be custom made for online dynasties, we might want to try to all choose teams in the same conference. Currently in the game the only part of the schedule you can change is the non-conference schedule, which would leave some of us to play a predominately CPU opponent schedule with only a few non-conference player vs player games.

I've played for a few hours today. The beauty of freelance design...

...anyhow, here's the quick rundown on the PS3 version.

Everything looks good. Everything also sounds good. I was hoping to see better crowd detail and better animations for the players, but this is alright. From a sound/video angle, this game is good-to-go.

In game, the controls have changed, with the R2 and R1 doing more work than before, but it shouldn't take long to get entirely used to it. The Six-Axis is used as well, but nothing revolutionary. What I did notice was the MAJOR change in the playcalling system. It offers more options than the old one, but for some reason, it feels harder to navigate. But then, that's probably something I'll adjust to as well. It is cool to have different ways to choose your plays and sort through the playbook. You'll notice that there isn't (at least in the one quick-game I started and didn't finish) there's no player-focused intro at the start of each game. They talk about him, but they don't show your player in warm-ups like before.

I also took time to go through part of Campus Legend. You create your player just like you did last year, but now there's more equipment options than before. You'll also notice you'll enter your player's high school colors, and for good reason. Unlike last year, you take your player through the high school playoffs to determine where he'll get recruited. As you play each game, you can sim straight to your player's opportunity to play. I chose QB as usual, and it was good stuff. What was kind of cool was being quizzed on what the defense was running when I had a pass picked off. I did win every playoff game, and at the end of each game, I got a star ranking based on my performance, as well as a listing of what scouts were present at the game. Once I was done with all of that, I got a list of schools I could join and at what conditions. Despite winning every game by far, I was only able to get 2nd string QB at UNT even though I had higher ranking schools offering me the first spot. Just like last year, make sure you do your roster edits before you play Campus Legend.

I'm playing with the Custom Stadium Sounds feature. I doesn't look like you can pick certain parts of a song to play, so you'd have to play the entire song or whatever your first few bits of it are. To fix this, I'm editing/making new mp3s specifically for NCAA09 with this program http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html. It works on ALL OS's and it's a short and easy download. You can use it to edit your favorite tracks down to the best part, save them to a folder (preferably an NCAA09-specific folder) inside whatever folder your 360/PS3 accesses its music from. There are plenty of options to play with on this. However, I can't find a good quality UNT Fight Song recording or anything by the Green Brigade on my machine, so a hookup would be nice.

No custom teams this year, sportsfans.

I haven't tried anything with Online just yet, but here's an important question:

If you auto-name your rosters...heck if you name any of your rosters, does this carry over into Online Dynasty?

That's all I've got so far. Hope this gave you guys an idea of what this year's game is about.

-----EDIT-----

About the mp3 program I mentioned: when you save the files, set it to "Variable Bit Rate".

-----EDIT2-----

I think it's probably a good idea that we all get standardized rosters from EA Locker and ncaastrategies.com to avoid any mess, if there is any with online dynasty.

Also just as important:

THE PLAYERS MAKE EAGLE CLAW HANDSIGNS.

Edited by meangreendork