Rice Game

eppy4life

According to Google Maps, that would be a 7 hr and 43 min trip from my house in the 76179 zip code area. Does anyone know what time the game is supposed to start?

according to Rice's athletic site, 4pm.

Also, it shouldn't take you more than 5 hours coming from that zip code. I think you might have been thinking Manhattan, KS?

Edited by Eagle1855

It is not incorrect. The game is scheduled start at 4:00 p.m.

Its Rice's family day, so that may have something to do with it. Not wanting to keep kids up late, etc. I'm probably bringing a crew of about 10 to the game. Hope we have a good turnout. This would be a good series to get going.

There will be no EXES bus trip. Plans would have had to be in motion before this time. I was told that there was no interest shown in this event in view of last year's disappointing season.

Why would there be a need to already start planning a bus trip to Houston? Seems to me, this could be pulled together in a few weeks, even after school starts. That just doesn't make sense.

There will be no EXES bus trip. Plans would have had to be in motion before this time. I was told that there was no interest shown in this event in view of last year's disappointing season.

Sounds like a cop out answer which == We did not want to get off our a$$es and market a trip play a regional rival.

Typical response many of us have come to expect from anyone directly associated with promoting the university.

According to Google Maps, that would be a 7 hr and 43 min trip from my house in the 76179 zip code area. Does anyone know what time the game is supposed to start?

No way! According to MapQuest- Estimated Time: 4.0 hours 36 minutes Estimated Distance: 279.98 miles

See you in Houston!

Oh, you've got to be kidding...They took three buses to Norman after a 2-9 season.

Edited by UNTflyer

DG, with all due respect, you know well and good that the feeling about last season's efforts had nothing to do with the bus trip. The reason we didn't follow through with the bus trip was because of the logistics. Many folks had ties in Houston and already had plans or the bus trip didn't lend itself well to have the appropriate amount of attendance.

DG, with all due respect, you know well and good that the feeling about last season's efforts had nothing to do with the bus trip. The reason we didn't follow through with the bus trip was because of the logistics. Many folks had ties in Houston and already had plans or the bus trip didn't lend itself well to have the appropriate amount of attendance.

Oh he knows it alright. Your explanation just didn't lend itself to being negative about the athletic department or the football team.

My info came directly from the incoming President. And unless you have been involved in scheduling one of these bus trips you have no business saying that it can be done at a moments notice. Contracts have to be signed, pick up logistics planned, advertising, accounting for funds, monitoring progress toward a successful event, and a lot of pushing to get it sold. Those two buses to Norman did not happen overnight. Plans were being made before the spring game, and we were selling a coach who was 79-1 not 2-10.

Edited by DallasGreen

Why would there be a need to already start planning a bus trip to Houston? Seems to me, this could be pulled together in a few weeks, even after school starts. That just doesn't make sense.

I can't imagine that by the week before the game, that bus wouldn't be full, but then again, I can't say that I have ever been on one, so what do I know. I would think that if they started pushing one at the beginning of August, it would fill up.

ok, so will there be a bus to any away game this year? k-state? lsu?

Why would anyone want to sponsor a trip to either of these two butt whippings? Besides they are far enough away that overnight accomodations would have to be included further complicating a trip to games that no one but a sadist would want to see.

ok, so will there be a bus to any away game this year? k-state? lsu?

eppy4life, unfortunately at this time there will not be a bus trip, at least one sponsored by the Exes. I can assure you the Exes will be involved with supporting out of town games through tailgating, car pooling etc. I can't wait for your guys to hear how the Exes will support tailgating even at the home games. It will be fantastic!! This is not a teaser, I just don't want to unfold without the appropriate marketing folks input!!!

Why would anyone want to sponsor a trip to either of these two butt whippings? Besides they are far enough away that overnight accomodations would have to be included further complicating a trip to games that no one but a sadist would want to see.

My guess would be the same people that wanted to sponsor trips to Norman and Fayetteville last year.

My guess would be the same people that wanted to sponsor trips to Norman and Fayetteville last year.

Yep, I think so... maybe school spirit, support, the love of anything UNT even if it is an uphill challenge, the opportunity to watch a UNT game...i think I can go on but you get my answer.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

eppy4life, unfortunately at this time there will not be a bus trip, at least one sponsored by the Exes. I can assure you the Exes will be involved with supporting out of town games through tailgating, car pooling etc. I can't wait for your guys to hear how the Exes will support tailgating even at the home games. It will be fantastic!! This is not a teaser, I just don't want to unfold without the appropriate marketing folks input!!!

Will there be an exes sponsored tailgaiting tent at Rice?

They should have a option that if you buy a game ticket you can buy a bus ticket with a free meal pass at the tailgating tent. Free Food would get me down there. Also if you buy your Rice ticket online the Game time 6pm so either UNT ticket office is wrong or Rice office, but just becuase it is on the rice board that does not make it right. Right?