Does Fouts Keep People Away?

EagleD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only knew the troughs. So how did the wall work?

There was a lead contaminated pipe running along the top of the wall, the wall the troughs were attached to, that ran water down the wall. This was the start of the indoor water features you now see in many office building lobbies. Anyway, the water ran down the wall, you pissed on the wall where the water would wash it down into a depression on the floor at the base of the wall and down the drains. As a kid, it was cool to actually be allowed to pee on a wall.

97and03, you can still sword fight, if you so choose, since there aren't any partitions between the waterless wonders.

Guest 97and03

There was a lead contaminated pipe running along the top of the wall, the wall the troughs were attached to, that ran water down the wall. This was the start of the indoor water features you now see in many office building lobbies. Anyway, the water ran down the wall, you pissed on the wall where the water would wash it down into a depression on the floor at the base of the wall and down the drains. As a kid, it was cool to actually be allowed to pee on a wall.

97and03, you can still sword fight, if you so choose, since there aren't any partitions between the waterless wonders.

Actually I think there are partitions, which is what I am happy about. I leave the sword-fighting to others. Like the Greeks.

B000002OX7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thanks for the description. Maybe we can bring those back at the new stadium.

It's a slow time of year and I thought I'd take a moment to ask a simple question. Does our dilapidated football stadium keep people from attending games?

Let me first say that the atmosphere around games the last 10 years has improved exponentially. That alone has pushed attendance up. But when our team is not winning (the main reason for poor attendance anywhere) how much does it hurt attendance that Fouts sucks?

Personally, I have to say it made me think twice before traveling to Denton. I made one game last year and that was at SMU. It's a three hour drive for me, and I have new obligations that make it much more difficult to find time to travel. But if I knew I was going to a new state of the art stadium with a roaring crowd, I'd make that trek a little more.

Call it a sense of pride. I'm embarrassed by our current stadium, and I hate seeing our team lose. Change one of those factors (preferrably both) and I suspect we will have crowds never before seen in Denton.

Just my two cents. Yours?

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fouts keeps good teams away. Our conference schedule, and inability to celebrate or pass down our rich 95 year history of playing football, keeps less dedicated fans away. Changing our colors and logos like we change underwear doesn't help either.