Manhattan,ks

NT03

I usually try to make 1 road trip a year to watch the MEAN GREEN as the away team. I've had the Rice game circled on my calender for awhile and was really looking forward to the short drive down to Houston. My wife and I just found out they will be expecting our 1st child and the due date is , October 1st , just days after the RICE game. I really don't see how I can get out of that :lol:

Plan B : Looks like now I'll be heading to Manhattan for the first time on 08/30. I know we have played there in 1985,1989,2000 and 2005 . For those who have been or planning on going where is the best place to stay , where will you be staying. Good places to eat and will you be tailgating??

I plan on going. Last time I was there was in '89(yes that was a long, miserable drive home from that game) and we stayed in some roach motel in Abilene.

Rick

Was that the game that broke Kansas State's really long losing streak? If so, I do remember that. I hate being a part of that kinda statistic.

Was that the game that broke Kansas State's really long losing streak? If so, I do remember that. I hate being a part of that kinda statistic.

Yup, that's the one. I have the clip out of the newspaper of the students tearing down the goal post thanks to a really bad pass interference call that helped them score on their last drive. Our life story it seems?

And here's a photo that tells anyone all they need to know about FOUTS. 33 1/2 yards from the front row seat at the 50 yard line and the nearest point of the playing surface.

foutsseatdistance.jpg

Rick

Myself +4. We intend to make all of the home games, all of the radio shows, and a majority of the away games. However, we do have a conflict with the Florida-Georgia game in Jacksonville...that's a can't miss and we have tix.

It'll be nice when our games are "can't miss" with our fans.

I have to disagree with the most of the negative thoughts about the Little Apple. In the mid 80's I worked for K-state and lived there for a year doing a project for them. I like the town and the bars in Aggieville are a hoot and I always found the students nice and respectful. Now, you have to remember that when I lived there they are probably the worst football team in America and coached by a guy they pulled out of high school. If you want to miss the toll roads you can go to Salina, Ks. and make a right on I-70 to go through Abilene and that way. The worst part of the drive is Oklahoma and not Kansas. I hope you go and have fun.