Ntsc Eagle Logo

NT80

The NTSTC decal is pretty cool... I kinda like that eagle, it makes me think of Eppy.

:angry:Scrappy will forgive you this time.

Please forgive me Master... My youthful exuberance.

I was thinking that it was Eppy during the NTSTC years. My appologies.

Scrappy rules!!

scrappy.gif

Oops... not this one!

THIS Scrappy Rules!!!

http___familyweekendunt.jpg

Before I offend anyone else... ;)

ALL Scrappy's Rule!!

The NTSTC decal is awesome. I wish I would've seen it when the auction was still open...I would love to have that.

You people who get bent out of shape when someone mentions any of our previous names, nicknames or mascots really need to learn how to appreciate the history of UNT...its something to be proud of and embrace, not turn your back on.

I guess they liked the darker green back then too. B)

It's a colorized version of a black and white photo. I believe the replicas are fairly accurate although they have a vee neck and the pictured jersey looks more like a crew neck.

Oh, and don't go looking on ebay for the card, I just bought it.

9586_1.JPG

Edited by ADLER

Where did you get the jersey... are they widely available?

I bought it from this clearance sportswear shop called SEL Sportwear. I think it was a couple of summers ago when I bought it. You can call them at

214-366-9377 and see if by some miracle they still have some.

The address is 10400 Harry Hines Blvd. Dallas 75220.

Adler posted information about this place. I think he must get a kick-back on sales or something............. B)

Guest GrayEagleOne

In the early years, a retailer could have virtually any image made up, reproduced and sold without approval from the university. I was a freshman in the last class of the NTSTC era and I've never seen that particular eagle with the large head. I have seen other eagle decals that were produced by, say, Voertman's. I believe that North Texas State College officially adopted the eagle logo that Silver Eagle uses as his avitar as its first mascot logo in the early 50s; at least you could find that decal at numerous locations around Denton.

I bought it from this clearance sportswear shop called SEL Sportwear. I think it was a couple of summers ago when I bought it. You can call them at

214-366-9377 and see if by some miracle they still have some.

The address is 10400 Harry Hines Blvd. Dallas 75220.

Adler posted information about this place. I think he must get a kick-back on sales or something............. B)

funny <_<

The owner of the shop is an North Texas alum named Steve Levine, he's an OK guy for being an old Lamda Chi. He buys sportswear overstocks and closeouts and sells them at a deep discount price.

In addition to all the college and pro team shirts jackets and hats, he buys a lot of championship events and bowl clothing.

Make sure to ask for North Texas merchandise if you go in. He buys more of what people ask for and can get volume orders made for a very low price.