Jamario Update

J-Mo Fan

For those of you that truly care (I know there are many), JaMario is doing just fine. He is all set up and is currently in training while finishing his degree. There are a vast number of teams that have interest in him. I know this because HE was sitting on MY COUCH a couple of weeks ago! If you know JaMario like I do, then you'll understand that he has never viewed himself worthy of being who he has become - he is the most humble person I have ever known. When you speak to him about his accomplishments and future, he truly gets embarrassed.

The possibilities are there with or without post-season all-star games and I am certain that we all will be reading about him in the future. However, staying on track with his degree plan is priority number one right now.

No matter when it begins, there is life after football. I respect and admire him all the more for having his priorities straight.

Good luck, Jamario, and please don't be a stranger when you graduate.

Yes, absolutely degree first. It will outlast a successful football career. Good luck to him in the offseason!!

I am not privileged to know JaMario personally, but he has been my favorite UNT football player for four years; as much because of his reputation for being a fine person and a hard-working student and athlete, as because of anything he has done on the football field. Good luck, JaMario, with wherever life takes you!

I am not privileged to know JaMario personally, but he has been my favorite UNT football player for four years; as much because of his reputation for being a fine person and a hard-working student and athlete, as because of anything he has done on the football field. Good luck, JaMario, with wherever life takes you!

I'll second that.

Still love watching the highlights from his performance at Colorado.

It's a cold day in January. Where could one see those J Mo highlights from Colorado ?

I've got the DVD, but I'm in Colorado.

So I just chimed in with a worthless post. :)

You've given me a good idea of what the wife and I could do tonight...I could show her J Mo's highlights and then show her my highlights :shifty:

I have to say it...I have faith in Coach Dodge and I don't want to say anything disparaging, but I was disappointed that Jamario didn't win an award this evening at the football banquet.

HEARTBREAKING and TRAGIC not to mention VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Edited by J-Mo Fan

Guest GrayEagleOne

I think that the entire coaching staff picks the recipients but, yes I would like to have seen Jamario win an award. The only one that would have been legitimate though would have been the Shawn Kramer Award for the most inspirational.

HEARTBREAKING and TRAGIC not to mention VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Yet in the minds & hearts of Mean Green fans everywhere Super Jamario Thomas even w/o a plaque from last night's banquet has won a permanent place in the hearts of many, many, many of us who will never forget what he did for our school; starting with that super, super year he had fresh out of his high school in Longview, Texas. I cannot remember one like it from a freshmen (& few from any other classification FWIW) since I've been watching Mean Green football & that beginning in Septmember of 1973. Of course, Patrick Cobbs was having his own successful moments as a Mean Green RB as well.

We all wish the best for Jamario Thomas & most eveyone of us (if not all) count it an honor that he will be a fellow alumnus to all of us who call the University of North Texas our alma mater.

Good luck, Super Jamario, whatever direction your life takes you.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I've got the DVD, but I'm in Colorado.

So I just chimed in with a worthless post. :)

You've given me a good idea of what the wife and I could do tonight...I could show her J Mo's highlights and then show her my highlights :shifty:

Platinum-dyed merkin?

Jamario came onto the NCAA scene so strong that it was tough for him to duplicate that success. His nagging injuries and the debate about his weight haunted him some but no one can take away his heart, determination, and his impact on UNT.

Other than JQ, Jamario was the UNT offense for many a season. Most importantly, a great dude with a infectious personality is what I will take away from #20.

Edited by Dodge2007