Another 3-star Committment !

MeanGreen61

Interesting post by Stallion on the pony board.

North Texas got another 3 star from a JUCO DB Justin Edwards who originally signed with Iowa out of Garland Naaman Forest with offers from SMU, Tech, TCU, Kansas, and Tulsa. At one point had a Mississippi offer although it was unclear from the report if that was still on the table. North Texas is up to Four 3 stars which is more than all CUSA teams other than UCF. Unlike SMU they have immediately addressed their weakest part of their team with two 3 star DBs.

TCU says nothing... I checked their board.

I am happy to see another DB commit. Of course, nothing is set till signing day.

Some of the JC kids will enroll in school before signing day. If we had any unused scholies from last year they will be given to them and not count against next years numbers.

Interesting post by Stallion on the pony board.

North Texas got another 3 star from a JUCO DB Justin Edwards who originally signed with Iowa out of Garland Naaman Forest with offers from SMU, Tech, TCU, Kansas, and Tulsa. At one point had a Mississippi offer although it was unclear from the report if that was still on the table. North Texas is up to Four 3 stars which is more than all CUSA teams other than UCF. Unlike SMU they have immediately addressed their weakest part of their team with two 3 star DBs.

Did a google search on him....it seems he played at Iowa as a CB and NTis going to look at him as a CB

DRC article.

Football: JUCO safety commits to Mean Green

10:46 PM CST on Sunday, December 16, 2007

By Brett Vito / Staff Writer

Justin Edwards spent a combined three years in Iowa and Arizona in a college football career that hasn't turned out as expected.

After that experience, all the former Garland Naaman Forest standout wanted to do was get back to the Dallas area to finish out his college career. North Texas offered that opportunity and Edwards jumped at it by orally committing Sunday to play for the Mean Green beginning in 2008.

Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day a recruit can sign a national letter of intent is Feb. 6.

Edwards (6-2, 175) spent last season playing for Eastern Arizona College, where he earned NJCAA All-Region I and All-American honors. He led the team with 120 tackles.

"North Texas was close to home," Edwards said. "I can't remember the last time my family came to see me play."

Edwards began his career by spending two years at Iowa, where he ran into academic problems before transferring to Eastern Arizona, where he spent last season. He will have two years to use his remaining two seasons of eligibility.

New Mexico State and Mississippi also offered Edwards a scholarship. Hawaii and Tennessee State showed interest.

Edwards, who will graduate in the spring, played safety last year at Eastern Arizona, but can play all four spots in the defensive secondary.

UNT has commitments from three defensive backs projected to play safety in Kylee Hill of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, Darien Williams of Vernon and John Shorter of Lake Highlands. James Hamilton of Cedar Hill is also projected to move to safety in college after playing quarterback in high school.

"I played cornerback at Iowa," Edwards said. "The coaches want to take a look at me there, too."

Edwards is the 16th player to commit to UNT for its 2008 class.

BRETT VITO can be reached at 940-566-6870. His e-mail address is bvito@dentonrc.com.

DRC article.

Football: JUCO safety commits to Mean Green

10:46 PM CST on Sunday, December 16, 2007

By Brett Vito / Staff Writer

Justin Edwards spent a combined three years in Iowa and Arizona in a college football career that hasn't turned out as expected.

After that experience, all the former Garland Naaman Forest standout wanted to do was get back to the Dallas area to finish out his college career. North Texas offered that opportunity and Edwards jumped at it by orally committing Sunday to play for the Mean Green beginning in 2008.

Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day a recruit can sign a national letter of intent is Feb. 6.

Edwards (6-2, 175) spent last season playing for Eastern Arizona College, where he earned NJCAA All-Region I and All-American honors. He led the team with 120 tackles.

"North Texas was close to home," Edwards said. "I can't remember the last time my family came to see me play."

Edwards began his career by spending two years at Iowa, where he ran into academic problems before transferring to Eastern Arizona, where he spent last season. He will have two years to use his remaining two seasons of eligibility.

New Mexico State and Mississippi also offered Edwards a scholarship. Hawaii and Tennessee State showed interest.

Edwards, who will graduate in the spring, played safety last year at Eastern Arizona, but can play all four spots in the defensive secondary.

UNT has commitments from three defensive backs projected to play safety in Kylee Hill of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, Darien Williams of Vernon and John Shorter of Lake Highlands. James Hamilton of Cedar Hill is also projected to move to safety in college after playing quarterback in high school.

"I played cornerback at Iowa," Edwards said. "The coaches want to take a look at me there, too."

Edwards is the 16th player to commit to UNT for its 2008 class.

BRETT VITO can be reached at 940-566-6870. His e-mail address is bvito@dentonrc.com.

Looks like he won't be here until the fall.