Baseball Report Will 'name Names'

NEW YORK (AP) - George Mitchell's report on drugs in baseball will finger MVPs and All-Stars and call for beefed-up testing by an outside agency to clean up the game, The Associated Press learned Wednesday.

----------------

Just my humble opinion but if Bonds and McGwire are named, the HR record should be restored to Roger Maris.

NEW YORK (AP) - George Mitchell's report on drugs in baseball will finger MVPs and All-Stars and call for beefed-up testing by an outside agency to clean up the game, The Associated Press learned Wednesday.

----------------

Just my humble opinion but if Bonds and McGwire are named, the HR record should be restored to Roger Maris.

Sosa would have to be named, too. (He hit 66...the year that McGwire "broke" the record.)

This day for me is like being 6 waiting on santa claus to come bring me my new basketball goal... I am very anxious to know who is on it...

So just to pass the time till the press conference....

Who is the one player who, if their name showed up, you would be completely shocked or upset over?

I am still working on an answer.... Clemens is a good ways up there, but then again as mentioned the rumors were there and I could totally see it happening...

For every deluded Astros fans who told me these guys weren't cheaters: Clemens and Pettite are on the list according to the NY papers and the wizards at ESPN. Plus the new shortstop! Maybe the new killer B will be Biogonydal or Bionabol!

If there are as many big names coming out as they claim... this is gonna hurt baseball in my opinion.

A sport thats been trying to get back to where it was pre-strike and through the juice it did gain its popularity back. Big Mac, Sosa, and Bonds are people that brought them back and its pretty universally accepted that they were sticking themselves. But when the names come out of the people that have possibly been carrying this league for the last 5 or 6 years. Its gonna wreck alot of fans. Just my opinion....

This day for me is like being 6 waiting on santa claus to come bring me my new basketball goal... I am very anxious to know who is on it...

So just to pass the time till the press conference....

Who is the one player who, if their name showed up, you would be completely shocked or upset over?

I am still working on an answer.... Clemens is a good ways up there, but then again as mentioned the rumors were there and I could totally see it happening...

Cal Ripken was my marquee childhood fave (I mean, even if Mike Greenwell used, his name nor his fabulous mustache isn't prominant enough to make this list) so if his name shows up it will be crushing

Norm has a copy of the list and is talking about it now...

just the prominent ones...

Rick Ankiel

Jeff Bagwell

Milton Bradley

Ramon Castro

Roger Clemens

Johnny Damon

Juan Gonzalez

Nomar Garciaparra

Andy Pettite

Albert Puljos

Pudge Miguel