• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called the coaching world.

I understand the business piece, but at least talk man to man with guy who is cutting your checks. Blank put a lot of faith in him and this is what he gets in return. I think buy out options should work the other way around. Coaches that don't honor their commitments should have to pay the penalty, not the owners. But who am I to say?

Edited by StealthEagle84

Yeah, basically it just looks like Petrino is a wuss and a quitter.

Maybe someone should tell him "THIS IS THE NFL. GO COACH INTRAMURALS, BROTHER!"

Yes, Atlanta has a lot of problems. So do a lot of losing NFL teams. So do a lot of teams in general. A coach who has no grip on a team with problems isn't a coach worth the paper his contract is printed on. I wish him nothing but failure. A MAN honors committments.

If it came down to Vick, that news has been out for a while, and it would've been better if he quit back then. Now he just realizes he can't hack it as a coach in the NFL.

I understand the business piece, but at least talk man to man with guy who is cutting your checks. Blank put a lot of faith in him and this is what he gets in return. I think buy out options should work the other way around. Coaches that don't honor their commitments should have to pay the penalty, not the owners. But who am I to say?

Well who really knows whether or not it is true other than Blank and Petrino himself, but Petrino was asked about the reported "call to resign" and Petrino said that was absolutely not true. For what thats worth, Arthur Blank, Falcons owner is not claiming that he resigned over the phone. ESPN is the one's that are reporting that.

Well who really knows whether or not it is true other than Blank and Petrino himself, but Petrino was asked about the reported "call to resign" and Petrino said that was absolutely not true. For what thats worth, Arthur Blank, Falcons owner is not claiming that he resigned over the phone. ESPN is the one's that are reporting that.

Regardless of how he resigned, he has accepted 3 jobs in less than 2 years. And tried for a 4th (meeting with Auburn to replace Tubberville).

Lesson Learned: Four some-odd million per year can't even buy loyalty with the man.

Well, it just so happens I have a transcript of the telephone call:

I know, but I don't like it here anymore. I want to live at home with you...

(beat)

Yeah, and dad. I want to go back to college. I-dad did what?

(beat)

Rented out my room? ...Well, why can't Mr. Echevarria and I share it?... Please, ma, I want to come home.

(sobbing)

Please let me come home. I don't want to stay here.

Very telling indeed.

Forget the contracts... how does Petrino convince an 18 year old recruit to come to Arkansas, only to have a new head coach in two years? Player parents arent foolish enough to trust a guy who jumps ship when things get tough? Yes, it is an SEC coaching gig, but less than ONE year in the Pro's and he's already quiting on those guys??? DeAngelo Hall is right..the guy is a loser. Makes you wonder what Petrino will say to a High school quarter-back who is deciding between Arkansas or Alabama? I can already hear it...

"Look, we play the same type of offense you play. We have the finest facilities in the state, AND... if you and I dont get along, I'll be gone by the Spring Game!"

Gotta love a head-coach who fights through the tough times..... <_<

GMG!!!

we get it, you're a hog fan... :D

Well who really knows whether or not it is true other than Blank and Petrino himself, but Petrino was asked about the reported "call to resign" and Petrino said that was absolutely not true.

Which probably means that it's true, given the way the guy lies. When Petrino tried to get Auburn's job after taking the Louisville gig, he lied to reporters about meeting with Auburn until they confronted him with proof of the flight he took.

What a scumbag. He called by phone to resign and is already on his way to Arkansas to be there for the press conference. He doesn't even have the decency to tell Arthur Blank to his face that he is moving on. No respect for someone paying millions of dollars.

Where in that story did it say he phoned in his resignation? The only thing I saw regarding phones and coaches was the mention of Hog fans aquiring Nutt's cell phone number through the freedom of information act.