Did Anyone Actualy See The Incident?

marc_moffitt

Did anyone else see, or actually hear the incident with D. Green?

It actually caught my attention, and I sit above the belt line in the stands in Section D.

Even from the distance (100+ feet) I could hear him cussing out his teammates that were sitting on the bench.

When the coaches came up to him and tried to get him to calm down, he wouldn't calm down.

Did anyone else see this??

All I know, is that when I played football in High School, not doing what a coach said to do would get you put kicked off the team immediately, or at least have you running 40's and 100's until you puked. We actually had a guy tell the coach to "F-Off" one day in practice, and the coach literally threw him on the ground and put his foot on the guys helmet until he apologized about a hundred times, then he was sent home.

No one ever saw that guy again in school.

What did Miller say? Curious.

While leaning over him sitting on the bench, and I qoute:

"I'm tired of you playing for yourself, and not for the team". "I'm tired your S#!T!".

It escalated from there but we couldn't hear the rest from our seats.

God Bless Jo Miller, Isaac Thomas, Montey Stevenson and Jeremiah Chapman. You four guys are bringing back the Mean in Mean Green. We have seen the difference from the stands and applaude your spririt and determination.

Rick

While leaning over him sitting on the bench, and I qoute:

"I'm tired of you playing for yourself, and not for the team". "I'm tired your S#!T!".

It escalated from there but we couldn't hear the rest from our seats.

God Bless Jo Miller, Isaac Thomas, Montey Stevenson and Jeremiah Chapman. You four guys are bringing back the Mean in Mean Green. We have seen the difference from the stands and applaude your spririt and determination.

Rick

Impossible! We've all read what The Fake Lonnie Finch has written. We know there is no leadership on this team. We know there is no discipline. We know there is a chasm between races. Impossible I say. Lonnie please remind them.

I don't remember who did it, but I remember hearing one guy go off on another and yell "This isn't about you, this isn't about you, this is about the team! Cut that $h!t out!" I assume this must be the same incident because if there were two like that in one game, well that wouldn't be good. I was glad to hear a player do it, and not leave it to a coach every time. By the way, I could hear it clearly and I was in the top far corner of section A.

I don't remember who did it, but I remember I assume this must be the same incident because if there were two like that in one game, well that wouldn't be good. I was glad to hear a player do it, and not leave it to a coach every time.

Okay, so I want to get the rules straight here. It is okay for player to yell profanity at another player but early this week posters were outraged because profanity was yelled on the sidelines? Why weren't the coaches trying to "redirect" the player who was yelling profanity at his teammate?

From what I heard on the News it sounded more like DG was saying that the coaches were discriminating based on class instead of race, otherwise he would be saying that all African Americans are "hood" and curse loudly in public in which I do neither. Here are my feelings and only reflect my opinion but:

1. If it were a real issue of race he would have went through the proper channels of the university being that we do have a diverse staff and a local chapter of NAACP instead of trying to making UNT out to be a backwards hick-school (which I don't appreciate personally), on the national stage.

2. I find it difficult to believe that with a team this diverse there would be a racist element there and only two suspended people would be yelling about it, wouldn't some of the current team members and/or starters also be "at-arms" about it as well.

I guess like everyone else I must see how this pans out, but being an alumni I don't appreciate someone trying to destroy the reputation our alma mater has and is trying to build just because they couldn't have there way.

People werent upset about the profanity but of the use of the N bomb. Cussing happens and I'm sure coaches let some of it go until it crosses the line, like dropping the N bomb. And yes it is ok in certain instances to get on another player, it's called leadership.

Edited by H-towngreen

I don't remember who did it, but I remember hearing one guy go off on another and yell "This isn't about you, this isn't about you, this is about the team! Cut that $h!t out!" I assume this must be the same incident because if there were two like that in one game, well that wouldn't be good. I was glad to hear a player do it, and not leave it to a coach every time. By the way, I could hear it clearly and I was in the top far corner of section A.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's sad that ANY of this could be heard from the stands?! Sheesh, I was in the stands and thought it was a quiet crowd, but this is absurd!

I'm with those on the Attendance thread that think we did a horrible job of getting into this last game as a fan base...

That said, thanks for sharing what was overheard...somehow I missed this entire interaction.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's sad that ANY of this could be heard from the stands?! Sheesh, I was in the stands and thought it was a quiet crowd, but this is absurd!

I'm with those on the Attendance thread that think we did a horrible job of getting into this last game as a fan base...

That said, thanks for sharing what was overheard...somehow I missed this entire interaction.

In answer to your question, yes...it is sad.

I know that there is a group in section E that tries very hard to help get the crowd into things, but it's definitely an uphill battle.

While I agree with you to an extent, I think it is a bit difficult to get into a game in the second half when the wheels come off to an embarrassing level. I mean, really... 2 back to back safeties? How does one cheer that? Thank goodness for the fireworks. My kids begged me to stay to watch them.

I said it after the first game - it is SHOCKING to me that we can have an entire west side of the stadium virtually packed and so little noise comes from it. If we were still running the same old offense we did last year, I might (might) could understand it, but not now. Could we move one set of cheerleaders over to the west side?

I said it after the first game - it is SHOCKING to me that we can have an entire west side of the stadium virtually packed and so little noise comes from it. If we were still running the same old offense we did last year, I might (might) could understand it, but not now. Could we move one set of cheerleaders over to the west side?

I wonder what percentage of those folks were southlake mildly interested folks. I would guess the number to be 20%.

It was immediately after an unexpected and easy TD that was the nail in the coffin. The extra point had just happened, the players were getting ready to go back out for the kickoff return, the P.A. announcer wasn't saying anything and the band wasn't playing. It just happened at the most quiet moment possible after a shot to the gut.

As for making noise, do I need to pay to have chant cards made up again, and then this time put them in the hands of the alumni instead of the cheerleaders?

We could do the UUUUooooooooooohhhhhh, ennnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNN, Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....MEANGREEN!!!!!

and the,

GO,MEAN,GREEN,EAGLES,FIGHT,FIGHT,FIGHT!!!

Two easy, quick chants with beginnings and endings.

Thoughts?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Okay, so I want to get the rules straight here. It is okay for player to yell profanity at another player but early this week posters were outraged because profanity was yelled on the sidelines? Why weren't the coaches trying to "redirect" the player who was yelling profanity at his teammate?

How do you know they didn't and Miller handled it better? Instead, maybe Miller said my bad. I lost my temper. It won't happen again rather than talking back to a coach. Or better yet, if the coaching staff is racist then they would have also kicked Miller off the team for profanity since he's black.

I'm not going to say much about this situation becuase I think it is completely baseless! However, since when can't a coach determine how he wants his slideline and team to act? Every person who has ever played an organized sport has been corrected by a coach, screamed at, and told not to do something they didn't understand and had to sit there and take it. It's not a player's "right" to argue back unless what he is told to do is immorally wrong (i.e. hurting someone, cheating etc.). If a coach allows back talk and arguing from his players, then dam will break soon! Every coach has his own set of rules and some you agree with and some you don't. However, the bottom line is you adjust or you leave. However, to call Dodge and George or anyone a racist is an allegation which you better have substantial proof. So far, nothing has been produced. If this claim gets dismissed, DG is setting himself up for a slander lawsuit if TD and CG wanted to go that route. I don't think they would, but still that's how serious this claim is.

Edited by GMoney

From what I heard on the News it sounded more like DG was saying that the coaches were discriminating based on class instead of race,

:blink::blink:

He went to the NAACP and complained about race. He didn't roll in there and state, "Coach _________ doesn't like me because I'm just a junior."

While I agree with you to an extent, I think it is a bit difficult to get into a game in the second half when the wheels come off to an embarrassing level. I mean, really... 2 back to back safeties? How does one cheer that? Thank goodness for the fireworks. My kids begged me to stay to watch them.

Certainly, this point in the game was hard to get into. This does not account for the point in the game that we came back 30-28 and the alumni side of the was still silent. It should be very easy to "get into the game" at a point like that. It also doesn't account for the years of lame crowds on the alumni side. I listed the few exceptions to this in the Attendance thread (so I won't re-hash them here). A rowdy alumni side is definitely the exception, not the rule.

I see FFR and other in section E that try to get the crowd to cheer with them, but most time it seems to fall on deaf ears. I do admire their enthusiasm (and wish many more on the alumni shared it).

Also, FFR...I think that the sign idea is a good one. The cheerleaders don't seem to know the appropriate times to start chants (or wont use the signs provided like the No Bowl a couple of years back), so maybe the alums could coordinate unified chants better. It might be worth a try.