Too Much At Stake

greenjacket

As TD is a considerate person, he is trying not to play a lower classman, Vizza, over an upper one, Meager. Very considerate. However, the lower classman has more potential to help the team. How do you balance that? Give both equal chances in practice and start the games with Vizza. Put in Meager after the 1st. half, he will understand.

From a very concerned supporter, get a new DC immediately. It is an emergency. The team needs one that can teach the players. Our present DC has no clue how to play the game. Get a DC that will uplift all the players' confidence, not just some. Get other defensive coaches involved in practice and at the games. Putting all the decision making and outcome of the games in the hands of one person, DC, is too risky.

Use that Nurudeen chap to return some balls, he has speed. He is also one of the best CB we have, why are we not seeing more of him?

We believe in TD.

Give both equal chances in practice and start the games with Vizza.

I'd love to see Vizza against some first stringers. I think based on many posts, we all would. Many have also stated that they believe in TD and his knowlege of the game and ability to develop tallent. Let's give him a chance here. We are not even half way into the season. I hope we see more and more of Geo each week. You can be sure that that young man WANTS THE BALL and really wants to show TD and all of us what he can do if given the opportunity. I just hope we see more of him sooner rather than later. However, if we don't... I am no pro and I have never coached so I will differ to TD and what he thinks is best. Yes I want more, and yes I am frustrated, but for this season TD gets a pass from me. I will support the Mean Green and whoever TD puts on the field (even DM) no matter how bad it is. Isn't that what being a REAL fan is all about???

Folks get a grip, we lost at Arkansas. These games are going to be ugly. Yes they are worse tham when DD was here. Thats becuase he ran ran ran therefore running out the clock. TD prefers to pass thus stopping the clock. Getting yelled at by the girlfriend end of rant...for now.

So we should expect games against 2-2 BCS level teams to be ugly. Good, I am just crazy to think we could actually do something like Troy and FAU, nope we do not want to be anything like them.

Edited by untbowler

As TD is a considerate person, he is trying not to play a lower classman, Vizza, over an upper one, Meager. Very considerate. However, the lower classman has more potential to help the team. How do you balance that? Give both equal chances in practice and start the games with Vizza. Put in Meager after the 1st. half, he will understand.

From a very concerned supporter, get a new DC immediately. It is an emergency. The team needs one that can teach the players. Our present DC has no clue how to play the game. Get a DC that will uplift all the players' confidence, not just some. Get other defensive coaches involved in practice and at the games. Putting all the decision making and outcome of the games in the hands of one person, DC, is too risky.

Use that Nurudeen chap to return some balls, he has speed. He is also one of the best CB we have, why are we not seeing more of him?

We believe in TD.

[/quot

Thank You...this is a very insightful assessment of the DC. Yes, it it takes time to build a system...but anyone that has played competitive sports know it does not take long for a player to respond to a coach and play with cofidence and at least compete. It is obvious the defensive players do not respect the defensive coordinator. This defense could make a vast improvement if the players played with confidence and motivated to compete despite lack of size and speed. The defense coordinator brings this out in the players...that is why the DC must go! Or North Texas will be like the KC Chiefs were for so many years, putting 35 points on the board and still losing:angry: BTW...Go Chiefs

DB29--

I take it that you have spoken to all the defensive players and you are just regurgitating what they have said to you in private or in public?? If you have spoken to the defense who have you spoken to and what have they said?? If you have not spoken to anyone just state that too and preface your comments instead of trying to start another false rumor.

DB29-

I say this in all respect: "Be responsible to what you say."

Edited by eulesseagle

I think that DB29 has clearly stated that these are his personal opinions. Nothing wrong with that.

I may be off base. But, I am starting to think that Mendoza's schemes create 1-on-1 mismatches that can easily be exploited by teams with superior talent. We certainly saw this in the OU game with all those early WR screens that were isolating the CB. I am guessing that playing a softer zone would limit the number of big plays against the larger, more talented schools.

Mendoza's scheme may work really well against the Sun Belt though.

DB29--

I take it that you have spoken to all the defensive players and you are just regurgitating what they have said to you in private or in public?? If you have spoken to the defense who have you spoken to and what have they said?? If you have not spoken to anyone just state that too and preface your comments instead of trying to start another false rumor.

DB29-

DB29's comment is an easy assessment from the sideline.

In TD We Trust.

DB29--

DB29-

I never said that my thoughts were based on player comments...but they are based on observation and being around athletics. Although the defense was not that good last year...the guys played with a different attitude and motivation(strictly my observation). What I feel this D-coordinator lacks is the ability to coach up (getting a player to go above and beyond their athletic ability). Not to mention the defensive schemes are terrible. When a player is over-matched they will feed off their leader (coach)...this defense is feeding off their leader (DC), resulting in the defensive play thus far. I apologize if I led anyone in believing I have inside info.

Although I hoped against it, I looked at this schedule and knew there would be a possibility of starting 0-4.

Now we're going into conference play and we will see how we stack up against the middle and bottom of the conference. If this trend continues, then I'll start to panic.

It's going to take time for Dodge to get his team going. Yes, defense is a HUGE problem right now. It's completely unexpected.

Let's beat those Cajuns!!!

Thank You...this is a very insightful assessment of the DC. Yes, it it takes time to build a system...but anyone that has played competitive sports know it does not take long for a player to respond to a coach and play with cofidence and at least compete. It is obvious the defensive players do not respect the defensive coordinator. This defense could make a vast improvement if the players played with confidence and motivated to compete despite lack of size and speed. The defense coordinator brings this out in the players...that is why the DC must go! Or North Texas will be like the KC Chiefs were for so many years, putting 35 points on the board and still losing:angry: BTW...Go Chiefs

Roy Loren, is that you?

Yes, four games into the season, our DC must be fired and someone else must be brought in. Forget that he worked with Dodge at SLC along with half of the other coaches. We must fire him now, regardless of what it'll cost to terminate his contract and hire another guy. Seriously, pitch forks and torches. Oh, and someone bring an ax so we can chop down a tree on the way to use as a battering ram.

:rolleyes:

Roy Loren, is that you?

Yes, four games into the season, our DC must be fired and someone else must be brought in. Forget that he worked with Dodge at SLC along with half of the other coaches. We must fire him now, regardless of what it'll cost to terminate his contract and hire another guy. Seriously, pitch forks and torches. Oh, and someone bring an ax so we can chop down a tree on the way to use as a battering ram.

I am not Roy Loren...someone else on the board thinks I'm Roy. Seriously, I am from KC though.

Not a bad idea. You leading the way? :devil:

Can someone explain to me why we are running so much man coverage and we have one of the best safeties in the conference. Teams are just throwing to the opposite side of the field...Eulesseagle, I do not have inside info. on this, strictly my observation.

We need a new DC that can :angry: coach at this level.

Why is it that people were all over Evyn Roman for not being able to cover all-world wr Malcolm Kelly but when Dom Green gets torched twice in 2wks nobody says anything?

Okay, I'll say it...they're bad. They're both bad.

Except I don't mean it. They're both fine, they're just being put in impossible situations by a coaching staff that hasn't figured out they're playing against college offenses yet. Blaming Roman and/or Green is absurd.

Folks get a grip, we lost at Arkansas. These games are going to be ugly. Yes they are worse tham when DD was here. Thats becuase he ran ran ran therefore running out the clock. TD prefers to pass thus stopping the clock. Getting yelled at by the girlfriend end of rant...for now.

I could forgive the OU game, but this is downright embarrassing. Yes, Double D's system shortened the game, but his defenses never looked this poor. Mendoza is not putting our players in position to succeed.