Sad Day

DallasGreen

I'm not sad. If you expected TD to turn a 5-20 team around in less than a year, you're crazy. Down by 2 TD's to start the fourth quarter we stayed with it and made it exciting. I expected another losing season if DD was here. We may lose a lot this year, but it was a lot more entertaining than watching DD & RF try to lull their opponents to sleep (fans, as well).

Same here... NOTHING to be sad about tonight. We were two big plays away from the upset, and watching the game was a blast.

...a Dickey team would have rolled up in a corner and cried going into the 4th two scores down. This team rallied and tied the game. We're still rough around the edges, and you can tell there is still some major learning going on, but we're in for a treat once this all starts to click.

Thank you coach Todd, and THANK YOU MEAN GREEN! What a great group of guys. Smiles all around, true effort until the last snap - this team was a joy to watch and cheer for tonight!

GO MEAN GREEN!

How can you call this a sad day??? We hung in there and made a game of this! We had two players set school records. Meager had more passing yds tonight than he did all of last season.

I am excited about what I saw tonight. Call me crazy (?) but I think we can be very competitive in the SBC THIS SEASON!

Honestly, I think it's crazy that we beat this same SMU team last year. They looked like shit last year, and this team was way more prepared this time. That being said, our defense isn't even close to the one we had last year. I was real sad to see some of the assistant coaches from last year leave. I know you can't have your cake and eat it to, but to me it seems we may have traded for a high power offense (admitted it's fun to watch) and gotten rid of the head hunting, amazing defense of not too long ago.

The DD references are getting cliche, and kinda wrong. Say what you want about him, but for a while he had his bottled lightning that refused to lose and never curled in adversity.

If you take shots at him, maybe some of those guys are taking it personally? just sayin....

Edited by greenminer

The DD references are getting cliche, and kinda wrong. Say what you want about him, but for a while he had his bottled lightning that refused to lose and never curled in adversity.

If you take shots at him, maybe some of those guys are taking it personally? just sayin....

I completely believe in our personnel. This defense played pretty well last year, I'm just wondering where all that went? It was supposed to be our strong point this year. We proved tonight, it doesn't take "Dodge's guys" to be productive. They just need to be given some chances, and they are doing great.

The saddest part is that Rich Phillips is a UNT grad.

If he's trying to be the George Dunham of SMU, he has to show a preference for the home team. I didn't catch his remarks, but I'm inclined to cut him some slack for that reason. And I like the fact that yet another UNT sports broadcaster is out there making a name for himself. I hope the school's RATV program is using it as a selling point.

If he's trying to be the George Dunham of SMU, he has to show a preference for the home team. I didn't catch his remarks, but I'm inclined to cut him some slack for that reason. And I like the fact that yet another UNT sports broadcaster is out there making a name for himself. I hope the school's RATV program is using it as a selling point.

It wasn't Rich who called us Southlake, it was the other broadcaster. A total of 4 references and Rich did point it out late in the game.