Game Week Predictions

Eagle-96

Game week is finally here so here goes:

We are installing a new offense and defense and will be going up against a top 10 opponent in their house. I hope we can hang but I just don't see us as having much of a chance against the Sooners. One thing for sure is that Dodge will not be playing for a paycheck. He will give the Sooners everything he has and he will have the boys mentally prepared for war. Gone are the days of the "Aw shucks, we're just happy they allowed us on the same field". I think Dodge will go into Norman with every intention of winning. I just don't think we match up talent wise and a close early game will open up.

OU 48

NT 7

GMG!!!

Beat ou!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early mistakes by OU quarterback Sam will keep UNT in the Game. OU will not know how to handle themselves when the third quarter starts and UNT is only down by one touchdown. The 41 point spread will not happen.

With a good UNT O-line to give the QB’s time to pass UNT walks away with a 24-17 loss.

BANK ON IT!!!

Folks, this game is going to be closer than the media and many on this board give it credit for. We are going to have a very strong defensive team. Our quickness on defense is going to match up very well against the Sooners. We hold them close in the first half: 14-7. Then their depth will wear us down in the 4th quarter and they pull away 28-14. A very respectable showing by the Mean Green. Remember where you heard it.

The problem with the OU Qb is he doesn't have to make plays. The OU running game will give us fits and then simple TE drags over the middle and play action will kill us.

Inexperieced QB is not a factor unless our defense can play lights OUT "D."

Based on what I saw our first team offense do against a scout defense in the Mock Game, I don't think OU is sweating starting a young redshirt QB, imo. I hope I am wrong but I see some body bags and some kids who may not have the SACK to stay in against that OU defense.

I don't see us having any running game. Meager doesn't really like to run the football and will be forced out of the pocket, BIG TIME. His history of concussions and injuries is a concern against this caliber of defense.

Edited by Dodge2007

One more thing. The intangible factor in this is Jamario. Is he over his hamstring problem? If he is, I look for him to run buck-wild in this game, with lots of holes with linebackers dropping back into coverage. If that happens, then I think we take it down to the wire but still lose: 28-24.

Not yet. I hope he overcomes this by September 1st, but the problem was still there this weekend. I have this eerie feeling that we may never see J-Mo return to freshman form. Saturday I'll drink the green koolaid and boast otherwise, but until then...

OU pulls away in the 3rd quarter, puts to rest any Mean Green dreams.

OU 1 - UNT 0

ouch

I think that everyone who is making predictions of a high score by OU is forgetting that our defense is the strength of the team, and OU is starting a QB that hasn't taken a snap in a regular game.

I think those, including myself, who worry about the OU score, do so not because of our defense, but because of turnovers. We are unveiling a new offense with a lot of inexperience and a type of offense, where a bad day or just misreading the speed of the opponent can lead to turnovers, especially int's. Meager and the offense will really HAVE TO BE on their game in order to make this respectable. I hope they are, but it is asking a lot.

I think those, including myself, who worry about the OU score, do so not because of our defense, but because of turnovers. We are unveiling a new offense with a lot of inexperience and a type of offense, where a bad day or just misreading the speed of the opponent can lead to turnovers, especially int's. Meager and the offense will really HAVE TO BE on their game in order to make this respectable. I hope they are, but it is asking a lot.

Drinking a LOT of green kool*aid:

UNT 32, OU 31

Facing reality of a brand new and completely different offense (with Meager leading) playing a top 5 Defense:

UNT 10, OU 55

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Because Dodge is better than Dickey we will put points on the board but in the end their depth on defense out lasts our offense. 55-27.

I agree completely

I hate to say it because I want to win this game just as bad as anyone but I think we will straight up get out talented. I think the Dodge system will put up some points but the bottom line is the kids UO is red shirting this year would be starting for us. Dodge will turn this thing around and before he's done here I think we will win a game like this one but not in his first game.

Originally I would've guessed 35-27 OU wins. After Dodge2007's scrimmage report I think I'll go with 42-0.

I was pretty pumped about the OU game for the past two weeks (and still are), but after the lousy Saturday scrimmage with 4 interceptions, I fear that this one could get out of hand... hopefully our defense will keep us in this one...

Sooner board score prediction thread.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98053

Ash

Sooner All-Big XII

vCash: 500

Re: OU versus (p)UNT score predicitions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The oddsmakers have us winning by a huge spread.

Granny Holtz and Mark May picked us to win the Big 12.

We're doomed.

They run thirty hook and ladders and 30 statue of liberty plays.

43-42, welcome to DodgeBall.

:lol: